• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Can't say I've seen much of Ben White so no clue if this is a great signing or not, but he seems to be hyped enough. Fingers crossed.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Ben White is settled in enough before our 1st game I'd say we'd go a CB partnership of White & Gabriel in general.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I don't think it's very nice and classless from the club, but didn't want to muddy the thread. I think he's a good player and relieved he is going to start ahead of Rob Holding anyways.

Welcome Ben.
One of the few things you and I can agree on. I'm hoping Blob Holding will get a decent amount of minutes this season to be in the shop window for next. Then hopefully him and Chambers will be booted out, making way for Saliba next year.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Regarding the number I lean more towards a standpoint that shirt numbers have historically had a big meaning in football, and therefore I don't understand those saying this means nothing. If you (as in Edu and Arteta) expect Saliba to come back then you wouldn't give the number Saliba has to another player. So this would indicate they don't see him continue at Arsenal (not a surprise by now) and therefore give the number to someone else. That's just not the way to do it. Lack of respect imo.

Also confirms that Saliba was at least one of the people who stole Arteta's cones.
@El Duderino you know what I'm talking about...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't think it has been mentioned on here, but look at dat versatility...

skysports-ben-white-brighton_5445711.png

...wonder if we are thinking of playing him at CM?

He did ok there for Leeds when Phillips was missing.

It was the hardest role to play for them and he didn’t really miss a beat when he stepped in for him.

I doubt he has the ability long term there because it’s a complicated position but it says a lot about his passing ability.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can't say I've seen much of Ben White so no clue if this is a great signing or not, but he seems to be hyped enough. Fingers crossed.
I watched a lot of Brighton last season and I will admit, I actually never noticed this guy which is very odd.

I hope it is because of the variety of positions he played, Lamptey did miss a lot of last season. It could be because I focus a lot more on attackers as well so it could be a blind spot I have. I had him in my fantasy team for a bit, but mainly because he was cheaper than Dunk.

On paper though it's a good signing - Brighton's defensive last season were extremely good. Curious to see how much of that is to do with Ben.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I watched a lot of Brighton last season and I will admit, I actually never noticed this guy which is very odd.

I hope it is because of the variety of positions he played, Lamptey did miss a lot of last season. It could be because I focus a lot more on attackers as well so it could be a blind spot I have. I had him in my fantasy team for a bit, but mainly because he was cheaper than Dunk.

On paper though it's a good signing - Brighton's defensive last season were extremely good. Curious to see how much of that is to do with Ben.
Cheers, man.

Yeah I saw a few of their games as well and never noticed Ben until people were raving about him. I honestly had to Google him to see how he looked! :lol:

Honestly, I see some red flags in a player who was moved that much around for Brighton as it could indicate he wasn't such an important CB for them that they felt they could afford moving him around. Conversely that could naturally also indicate that his skillset just is so versatile and he's so good that he was capable of doing it and that will ultimately make him a more complete player. Time will tell I suppose, but it's something I thought of when I saw the heatmaps posted earlier in this thread.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Welcome to Arsenal. Hope he stays for 10 years. And goodbye to Saliba, I'm sure he'll bounce back at his next club.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feels like they rushed the announcement because of the Xhaka leak. I wonder how many fans genuinely care about this signing with the state of our first 11. Does he improve it? Hard to say.

He has more pace and ability to dribble. Similar passing range as Luiz. No where near as good in the air and he lacks leadership and experience in a top side under immense pressure to succeed. Doesn't move the needle.

If we don't buy a Xhaka, he will be the only new starter. I am so apathetic.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Ordinarily the number thing wouldn't mean much but we did make the point of giving Saliba the number 4 last summer. Something obviously went on that we'll probably never be privy to but what can you do? We'll always have that MK Dons game to look back on.

It's nothing to do with White though. As long as he comes in and does the business that's all you can ask for.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ordinarily the number thing wouldn't mean much but we did make the point of giving Saliba the number 4 last summer. Something obviously went on that we'll probably never be privy to but what can you do? We'll always have that MK Dons game to look back on.

It's nothing to do with White though. As long as he comes in and does the business that's all you can ask for.

Reckon that locked up Insta thing with Guendo killed it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom