• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Chambers - White - Gabriel/Mari - Tierney

That’s a back line where every single player is comfortable with the ball at their feet. No more Holding/Bellerin to blame, time to see what Arteta is made of.

If it works it could be huge for the team.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Chambers - White - Gabriel/Mari - Tierney

That’s a back line where every single player is comfortable with the ball at their feet. No more Holding/Bellerin to blame, time to see what Arteta is made of.

If it works it could be huge for the team.
Was our passing out from the back even bad last season? I don't remember that being an issue or something people complained about.

If anything we all hated it and the U shape passing this just encourages it lol.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Was our passing out from the back even bad last season? I don't remember that being an issue or something people complained about.

If anything we all hated it and the U shape passing this just encourages it lol.
It used to get to Holding’s and especially Bellerin’s side and end up coming back to the CBS/Leno because those two (especially Bellerin) were too limited in possession. That’s what led to the U shape being repeated so much.

I’m pretty sure teams started pressing us with the aim of getting the ball to our right side as well.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It used to get to Holding’s and especially Bellerin’s side and end up coming back to the CBS/Leno because those two (especially Bellerin) were too limited in possession. That’s what led to the U shape being repeated so much.

I’m pretty sure teams started pressing us with the aim of getting the ball to our right side as well.

Leno went long so often when Holdin/Bellerin playing because he didn't trust them, we had no plan since none of our forwards could knock it down either.

Henry boi

I thought we didn't need a defender but now looking at it closely our defenders are average tbh. Gabriel can be a star though

BigPoppaPump

I don't really agree with this, passing out from the back was never an issue last season. It's when the ball got to the midfield and they struggled to create chances or get the ball in the final third. It's why every thing changed when we got ESR and Ødegaard.

I'm just confused as to why we're spending so much on a CB when our midfield was poverty last season. If I see El Neny lining up again I'm gonna scream.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't really agree with this, passing out from the back was never an issue last season. It's when the ball got to the midfield and they struggled to create chances or get the ball in the final third. It's why every thing changed when we got ESR and Ødegaard.
The ball didn’t get to the midfield enough though and when it did it didn’t get there quickly enough. That’s where we disagree.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't think that's fair but we'll have to disagree on that one. I think we need midfielders way more than we need CBs.
Whilst it is true that we didn't get the ball to the forwards enough, or quickly enough, I am like you CB is probably the last place I'd spend 50 mil to fix that. Shows how much we know I guess.

I wasn't super high on Rob but statistically and eye test none of it looked that bad to me. Super left field, some will of course pretend but none of us saw it coming. I like this signing for the record but still.

BigPoppaPump

Whilst it is true that we didn't get the ball to the forwards enough, or quickly enough, I am like you CB is probably the last place I'd spend 50 mil to fix that. Shows how much we know I guess.

I wasn't super high on Rob but statistically and eye test none of it looked that bad to me. Super left field, some will of course pretend but none of us saw it coming. I like this signing for the record but still.
Yeah I think we can all agree that they didn't get the ball to the forwards enough, that's our biggest problem. Maybe I just don't know anything about football I don't think a CB will make that much of a difference but hey modern day CBs need to be Xavi apparently. Same way we need one left footed Cb and a right footed one even though all the top teams in the world play with 2 right footed CBs lol.

I don't think this signing has anything to do with Holding really White is there to replace Luiz. I don't think he's better than Luiz but White is a potential player I guess. Still I wonder how many CBs we've bought since Mustafi I could swear it's been like one a window.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I think we can all agree that they didn't get the ball to the forwards enough, that's our biggest problem. Maybe I just don't know anything about football I don't think a CB will make that much of a difference but hey modern day CBs need to be Xavi apparently. Same way we need one left footed Cb and a right footed one even though all the top teams in the world play with 2 right footed CBs lol.

I don't think this signing has anything to do with Holding really White is there to replace Luiz. I don't think he's better than Luiz but White is a potential player I guess. Still I wonder how many CBs we've bought since Mustafi I could swear it's been like one a window.
In that Athletic article I think they said it was 9 or something lol. Can't bothered to fact check but yeah it's been a bit of a joke.

Was a running joke for Man City until Dias as well, it has to end one day.

BigPoppaPump

In that Athletic article I think they said it was 9 or something lol. Can't bothered to fact check but yeah it's been a bit of a joke.

Was a running joke for Man City until Dias as well, it has to end one day.
Also I think Arteta is a fraud so all the players he wants are questionable to me lol. But still I hope they all prove me wring.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
at the very least he's raised our handsome quotient a bit, which has been seriously in decline since Olivier and Aaron left

Are you serious? he looks gormless. The little wisp of hair beneath his lips is grim. Not to mention the bland, generic tattoo sleeves. Do better Tosker

Top Bottom