• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is a no way he is going to be able to play as our main cb in a 4 at the back system. He isn't strong enough physically or serially. Abraham literally brushed him aside. In the 6 yard box.

In a back 3 it would be a different story. I think he is perfect for the right side of a back 3. He is going to be exposed in a 4 this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looked better when Lokonga was on the field to open up angles for him. Defensively wasn't much he could do to affect the game given we were playing so high up and the line kept getting breached because Mari and Chambers are slow and couldn't step up in time.

All in all, I thought he was OK given he's not trained much. But he's not gonna move the needle much.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Didn't watch the match but he was doing some intelligent defending in that highlights video with a couple of clever stops. Didn't see much of this passing ability though but looked calm on the ball.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked better when Lokonga was on the field to open up angles for him. Defensively wasn't much he could do to affect the game given we were playing so high up and the line kept getting breached because Mari and Chambers are slow and couldn't step up in time.

All in all, I thought he was OK given he's not trained much. But he's not gonna move the needle much.
The mannequins in midfield stop us doing anything good. If we don't blow up that failing midfield, everything else is in vain.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There is a no way he is going to be able to play as our main cb in a 4 at the back system. He isn't strong enough physically or serially. Abraham literally brushed him aside. In the 6 yard box.

In a back 3 it would be a different story. I think he is perfect for the right side of a back 3. He is going to be exposed in a 4 this season.
Some of us been saying this all summer. But size and strength doesn’t matter for CBs we been told all summer

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You would have to be super dumb to judge a player on his 1st start in a cameo against the Champions league Winners.

It really takes a special type of imbecile to judge by using a short video clip :thumbsup:😂

AM at its absolute finest 🤣.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Maybe when we announced him at 4pm, we meant 16:00 hours...16th, that's where we are aiming for this season.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
We've spent 75million without even improving the first team ffs
Kind of but honestly i think they bought Lokonga to be the next "Guendouzi". A young, talented player whose value will double over time(if he doesn't start a fight with secretary chairman Kim Arteta) so they can sell or keep an increased asset. It's a strategy to make money for their supreme leader Kroenke

Tavares as back-up which makes sense since Tierney loves the medical staff.

So, imo, only 50mil has been spent for the first 11 which they spent to buy White with.

Improvement? Not a huge one but certainly is helping our shambolic defense

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You would have to be super dumb to judge a player on his 1st start in a cameo against the Champions league Winners.

It really takes a special type of imbecile to judge by using a short video clip :thumbsup:😂

AM at its absolute finest 🤣.
True, but we will hear the same thing over the whole season. He is one for the future and brought due to his potential. Later in the season we will talk about how he needs the right partner to get the best of him. Let’s just say 12 months from now the people saying this is brilliant signing will change the narrative to keep defending the 50 million investment

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Nice to know that he will be in the box during the attacking corner. This will allow me to put him on my FPL team XI for GW1. Gabriel scored in his debut, so may be White will do it too.
He's a bit of an FPL bargain at 4.5 if we manage to sustain some defensive form

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
True, but we will hear the same thing over the whole season. He is one for the future and brought due to his potential. Later in the season we will talk about how he needs the right partner to get the best of him. Let’s just say 12 months from now the people saying this is brilliant signing will change the narrative to keep defending the 50 million investment

People keep making the same excuses for Pepe and it's been close to three years now. Even Arteta as a manager. Sometimes it's just easy to see when something is not a good idea or is not meant to be.

Arteta should have been sacked and Pepe sold. Even getting Laca and Auba was the wrong decision. Laca already 26 and still running around in the French league, might be a sign that he is not top quality.

Auba was always limited as a player. Don't like this type of players, like a taller more durable Walcott. So much money spent on Auba, Laca, White and Pepe, all players with so many flaws in their games.

Arteta's bum ass even convinced Xhaka to stay after he threw the armband to the ground. That would have been the perfect time to get rid of him. Can't forgive Arteta for that and just don't see him becoming a top manager anytime soon. Don't let me even get started on Bellerin...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Auba was always limited as a player. Don't like this type of players, like a taller more durable Walcott. So much money spent on Auba, Laca, White and Pepe, all players with so many flaws in their games.
When I say these things I always get called a troll. We've been wasting money and not improving for years on top of having complete amateurs running the things behind the scenes.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

When I say these things I always get called a troll. We've been wasting money and not improving for years on top of having complete amateurs running the things behind the scenes.
until last season Auba was world class goalscorer. In his first 2 and half years he got 54 league goals in 85 games. That’s fantastic. With last season that’s 64 in 114 games. Still very good. Overall he has been very good for us

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
until last season Auba was world class goalscorer. In his first 2 and half years he got 54 league goals in 85 games. That’s fantastic. With last season that’s 64 in 114 games. Still very good. Overall he has been very good for us
I don't count Auba into that btw I think that about the rest though. Auba came in an started scoring right away it's Arteta's awful tactics that ruined him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Possibly not sure man its too early to say tbh time will tell.
I dont disagree the squad needs a big rebuild.
We experimented with a higher line pushing up defence & it made us look vulnerable but that is something that would need more work & ideally Gabriel & White. tbf we looked pretty decent going forward.

Top Bottom