• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Brudda @Trilly liking both this post and my response to it like he speaks a lick of Arabic

KdLo2W.gif
Bro

Is it a crime to uplift people?

Uncle Good-Advice

So is Jorginho physical? No. Is he fast? No. Is he as good in the air? No. However, we are a ball dominant team that push teams back into their own box. We push everyone back. There is no end to end basketball game with us. So the question is, is he as good as Partey on the ball? Will he beat a man, no, but his first touch and his passing is of the same if not a higher level. He is brave in possession, which is the opposite of Elneny. He is also experienced and smart off it.
That and I will add one more thing which is his intelligence. Not only his teammates acknowledge that but Arteta as well. We have very intricate or perhaps rather chaotic style of play, it's not easy for new player to understand it and I'm sure Arteta knows already where Jorginho will fit in. Caicedo may have better physical skills however it would have taken him a while to get acquainted to our system while Jorginho should hit the ground running. CM is most difficult position to play and short-term (let's say for a month or two) I think we are better off with Jorginho. Title can be wrapped up by then.

That said probably it's going to be Xhaka who will play DM in case of Partey's injury and Jorginho slotting in at Xhaka's CM role.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Of course, ideally we would've gotten a long term target for a reasonable fee, but given that this wasn't possible I'm okay with an experienced back-up who can instantly contribute for a modest fee. I'm assuming his wages will be similar to what they were at Chelsea (110k/week - Xhaka level), which is quite a reasonable outlay.

Ideally, we get our long-term Partey replacement in summer and sell him again after he's done his job helping us secure the title. No need for 3 30+ y.o. midfielders.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Till this day I have never ever, even come close, to accusing you of being racist. :lol:

That's a weird joke though, I'm not the only person who thought so either but I'm sure we're all wrong and you're right. Right?
No you suggest those who think differently about players are racist. Which included me in the earlier case.

AM is the go-to place for weird jokes. Pretty sad when you can't naturally joke about names if the players are black. Sambi's thread name was even "Bambi on ice." which is part of the joke.

Yes many of you guys have some problem with me so you have to try to invent stuff to try to make me look bad, or something similar.

Tnegs

I believe Cedric and Jorginho are the same age so the average stayed the same.
The reaction on here to this signing would be more appropriate if we had just signed Cedric and let go of a player of Jorginhos quality.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Our fanbase is weird everyone was taking the mick out of him at Chelsea, calling him useless and anti wishlisting him and now uncle mik has signed him the signing suddenly makes sense. The guy has been underperforming since the euros, has been booed of the pitch at Chelsea is 31, snail paced and chelsea were willing to let him leave on free transfer, and we are daft enough to pay them 12 million with 4 months left on his contract. Giving him 150 a week alone is a sackable offense. Edu really needs to go.
You’re literally demanding us to sack our sporting director at a time when we are comfortably sitting on top of the PL and on our way to our record points total in the PL. You sure it isn’t you who is the weird one? :lol:

TheDrunkenMaster

You’re literally demanding us to sack our sporting director at a time when we are comfortably sitting on top of the PL and on our way to our record points total in the PL. You sure it isn’t you who is the weird one? :lol:
Well he’s obviously not up to the needed standard. Guy can’t sell a player to save his life, and can only sign players that have a release clause or when he massively overpays. Every window he finds a way to waste money.
By your logic as we are top of the table and everything is perfect you I guess you would have also been happy if we hadn’t signed any players at all this window?

TornadoTed

Established Member
Interestingly he has performed better than Caceido this season in nearly every stat. This bit being particularly interesting,

The comparisons between Jorginho and Caicedo are even more interesting. The Italian has garnered perhaps an unfair reputation as a "sideways" footballer yet, over the past season and a half, has averaged more passes in the final third per game (20.4) than Caicedo (14.7) and more forward passes too (20 to 14.5). Jorginho has also carried the ball more successfully (109m per game to Caicedo's 97) and wins possession more often (8.3 times per game to 6.7). The 31-year-old is leading Chelsea in terms of ball recoveries per game, interceptions and tackles this season - oh, and he's pretty reliable from the penalty spot too.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If he'd stayed at Napoli, people would be singing a different tune. He's a great metronome in possession and I'm sure Arteta has much use for that. Happy to give him a chance.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If he'd stayed at Napoli, people would be singing a different tune. He's a great metronome in possession and I'm sure Arteta has much use for that. Happy to give him a chance.

people just angry cause he doesn’t feel like a SNT (shiny new toy)

SNT merchants the lot of y’all

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
It's up to Jorginho to show his worth. He's class at what he does and will bring the needed experience in the squad. Plus he's a much better back-up than Sambi and Elneny combined.

So I'll just say: Welcome Jorginho! Good luck at The Arsenal!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
My stance hasn't changed.

If we are talking a signing to help us win the PL, Jorginho over Caicedo was a no brainer. CM is where games are won and lost, we have a young squad but with two experienced leaders in CM. If one of them were to get injured, or we need to rotate, having Jorginho means we won't lose that know how. We won't lose the ability to manage the game.

My reservations with the move is i think we will now only sign one CM, i wanted Zubi and Rice.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He’s an excellent metronome without doubt. I suppose the question is how long can he continue in the PL, which isn’t kind to midfielders who lose their legs.

I’ve no doubt he could play well in Italy till he’s about 35.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Well he’s obviously not up to the needed standard. Guy can’t sell a player to save his life, and can only sign players that have a release clause or when he massively overpays. Every window he finds a way to waste money.
By your logic as we are top of the table and everything is perfect you I guess you would have also been happy if we hadn’t signed any players at all this window?
Here are a few players we’ve signed under Edu who I would argue have contributed significantly to the fact we are where we are:

Martin Ødegaard
Ben White
Gabriel Jesus
Oleksander Zinchenko
Takehiro Tomiyasu
Thomas Partey
Aaron Ramsdale
Gabriel Magalhaes

Only Partey was brought in by triggering a release clause. I would also say we overpaid for none of these players when you look at the current market in which Anthony costs €80m.

TheDrunkenMaster

Here are a few players we’ve signed under Edu who I would argue have contributed significantly to the fact we are where we are:

Martin Ødegaard ~ turned out to be a very good signing and good fee helped by the fact that we have an excellent relationship with real.
Ben White ~ overpaid at the time
Gabriel Jesus ~ without Arteta having the contacts at city and knowing the players neither him or Zinchenko would be here
Oleksander Zinchenko
Takehiro Tomiyasu ~ was offered to every club in the club in England, I can only guess we were the only club willing to pay the asking price
Thomas Partey. ~ Release clause
Aaron Ramsdale ~ massively overpaid
Gabriel Magalhaes ~ Raul signing

Only Partey was brought in by triggering a release clause. I would also say we overpaid for none of these players when you look at the current market in which Anthony costs €80m.

jamil420

Not even specifically Caicedo, like why did we not have multiple adequate quality players lined up that we could go after during January knowing full well that we needed at least 1 midfielder? They can not honestly tell us that Jorginho was the best plan b for January we could come up with since the the season started?
People keep saying we'll go after this and that player in the summer but by then it could be too late and we could have missed out on a mssaive opportunity to win the league and gain all the benefits that come with that.
maybe Arteta cares a lot about the personality of his players and lowers the number of possible targets I think

Top Bottom