• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Gn1212

Let's be honest, his passing was pretty bad. He lost more possessions than Partey in his limited time on the pitch. Not inspiring at all. He was also a non-factor on that corner with the goal. A more physical DM might have helped.

But yeah it's his first game so we can cut him some slack. I still think Caceido was the gamer changer we needed for a potential title.

Some haters already made a lowlights video... (doesn't look good obviously).

Whose passes looked good today though? Even our sharpest passers in Ødegaard, Partey, Xhaka and Zinchenko couldn't pass it in that awful pitch which I presume was left dry on purpose.

I personally can't understand how Jorginho is getting any slack out of that performance and result when our own guys looked subpar themselves. Had most played well and he was **** for a significant period I would get it, his performance was simply not noteworthy in a pitch full of underperformers on the day.

Gunners1616

Whose passes looked good today though? Even our sharpest passers in Ødegaard, Partey, Xhaka and Zinchenko couldn't pass it in that awful pitch which I presume was left dry on purpose.

I personally can't understand how Jorginho is getting any slack out of that performance and result when our own guys looked subpar themselves. Had most played well and he was **** for a significant period I would get it, his performance was simply not noteworthy in a pitch full of underperformers on the day.

You make good points. The team looked off it and i don't think this was the type of game where you can develop any sort of nice football. They had a low block with 3 DMs, ran a lot, pressed a lot.

That being said i don't think everyone was subpar. Partey was keeping the boat away from sinking against their physical midfielders. He was winning duels and making them work hard. When he got out, Onana had a field day... He was eating everyone.

So the gap behind Partey was still obvious. I don't blame Jorginho for it though. He just doesn't have the physical ability to replicate what Partey does but i guess we'll see what he can bring soon enough.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You make good points. The team looked off it and i don't think this was the type of game where you can develop any sort of nice football. They had a low block with 3 DMs, ran a lot, pressed a lot.

That being said i don't think everyone was subpar. Partey was keeping the boat away from sinking against their physical midfielders. He was winning duels and making them work hard. When he got out, Onana had a field day... He was eating everyone.

So the gap behind Partey was still obvious. I don't blame Jorginho for it though. He just doesn't have the physical ability to replicate what Partey does but i guess we'll see what he can bring soon enough.

May be Jorginho wasn’t the right signing after all. It would have been better to sign a player that plays on the same position as Xhaka first. If you need a goal, you could swap Xhaka off for player who is more threat in attack or creativity. Using Jorginho as plan B was mistake from Arteta yesterday.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

May be Jorginho wasn’t the right signing after all. It would have been better to sign a player that plays on the same position as Xhaka first. If you need a goal, you could swap Xhaka off for player who is more threat in attack or creativity. Using Jorginho as plan B was mistake from Arteta yesterday.

@UnitedBeard speaking facts, can’t even disagree here. I was actually thinking it would have been smarter signing a player as an alternative to Xhaka as that would have given us a different option to change things up when we’re behind or finding a difficult to break down opposition. Jorginho provides next to nothing in those sort of games, it’s the equivalent of bringing on Elneny to change a game. MacAllister would have been a perfect fit but there’s no way Brighton would have sold him to us in January.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Shocking when he came on. Was Partey injured in the end? Because taking him off for Jorginho yesterday was one of the worst subs I’ve ever witnessed from Mikel.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

And some here where saying he was poor and has been for a while.

Clueless.

Ljonin

Think we’re going to see that early sub Jorginho for Partey quite regularly from now on. Pretty sure Jorginho was promised plenty of game time to sign

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm able to sleep in peace by telling myself he's an Elneny replacement not a deputy for Partey. My only worry is Mikel failing to resist the urge to use him just because he got him after pursuing him all these years.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That 'highlight' clip is embarrassing for whoever made it. Collectively we were not on it for whatever reason sad to single out a sub in that way when a video like that could have been made about practically anyone on the pitch.

KMC

Awful signing for me personally. He was very expensive when you consider his fee over 2.5 years and weekly salary on top. He was on around 140k PW at Cheslea.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Awful signing for me personally. He was very expensive when you consider his fee over 2.5 years and weekly salary on top. He was on around 140k PW at Cheslea.
Where did you get that 140k per week? Most pages say 110-120k per week, which I think is similar to Xhaka.

This says 120k per week. We do not know how much he agreed to when joining Arsenal who are top of the table.

Do you think similar EPL proven players would have been with much lesser wages? And the contract is not 2,5 years, but 1,5 with a club option for another year.

Top Bottom