• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welsh Football Grounds you have been to.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Was just wondering, anyone crossed the border to go to a football ground in Wales? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Arsenal have played Cardiff City and Swansea City in the Premier League. Both of these Teams have had new Stadiums. Have you been to there Old/New Grounds at any time?
Of course, we had the FA Cup tie away at Wrexham in 1992. A low point of a trip to Wales.
I have been to watch my other Team Gloucester City play matches in Wales. Recently, they faced Colwyn Bay away on the last day of the season, for two consecutive seasons. This was in the National League North, Colwyn Bay have since been relegated. Colwyn Bay is in North Wales, and were managed by ex Chelsea, Leicester City defender Frank Sinclair.
Another ground I have been to is Merthyr Tydfil. Been there once when we were in the Southern League. Haven't been to Newport's ground. Back in the early 1990's, Newport ground shared at Gloucester.
I have been to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, when I had a day trip to Cardiff. I did a Stadium Tour, so Technically I have been there. I appreciate that it does not count.
🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was just wondering, anyone crossed the border to go to a football ground in Wales? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Arsenal have played Cardiff City and Swansea City in the Premier League. Both of these Teams have had new Stadiums. Have you been to there Old/New Grounds at any time?
Of course, we had the FA Cup tie away at Wrexham in 1992. A low point of a trip to Wales.
I have been to watch my other Team Gloucester City play matches in Wales. Recently, they faced Colwyn Bay away on the last day of the season, for two consecutive seasons. This was in the National League North, Colwyn Bay have since been relegated. Colwyn Bay is in North Wales, and were managed by ex Chelsea, Leicester City defender Frank Sinclair.
Another ground I have been to is Merthyr Tydfil. Been there once when we were in the Southern League. Haven't been to Newport's ground. Back in the early 1990's, Newport ground shared at Gloucester.
I have been to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, when I had a day trip to Cardiff. I did a Stadium Tour, so Technically I have been there. I appreciate that it does not count.
🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Really upset Arsenal are not in the Europa Conference could have seen a few new Welsh stadiums like Bala, TNS and Newtown.

What a shame :lol:

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Forgot to say that I have been to watch Gloucester City away at Chester FC twice, in the National League North.
A part of Chester's ground is in England, and the other part is in Wales. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've been to the old Ninian Park only, saw Town beat Cardiff 2-1, must have been in 2000 or 2001, some time around that. The away end was pretty uninviting, and most of the pubs near the stadium didn't serve away fans, or we simply didn't find the good ones. No problems in the city centre though to find nice pubs. Didn't have any interactions with the home fans, and on the whole it was a rather subdued visit. We were kept inside after the game was over for a good 30 minutes as far as I recall.

I must admit I would love to see Wales play a rugby match, if only to hear the fans belting out the Welsh national anthem.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
some of us don't have to cross any border to visit a Welsh stadium

I have been to the Liberty Stadium many times, and it has an excellent atmosphere

I have seen Wales play Scotland at rugby at the Principality Stadium - the atmosphere is ferocious, but too beer-fuelled for my tender susceptibilities

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom