• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: FA Cup and finishing third

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Biggus said:
Yes it is- It means you're a winner! not of the premier league but then again neither coming 3rd is either.
I've never argued that finishing third is equal to being a winner. I've argued that winning the FA Cup doesn't mean that you're in any better position to win the league if you aren't good enough to do so anyway.

Biggus said:
I don't know why you mentioned Cardiff
Because they made it to the final. Any extended explanation of why that fact is relevant to the point I made is superfluous, really.

Eirico

Well, I would certainly take a third place and no trophys, rather than fifth place and the FA cup. But than again, I would prefer a fourth place and a FA cup trophy.

CKD39

Established Member
I would rather take third place and the FA Cup. We might as well have played the first team in the Stoke match seeing how our form has nosedived since. Don't see why Wenger feels he has a choice as to which trophies he wants to win.

Eirico

CKD39 said:
I would rather take third place and the FA Cup. We might as well have played the first team in the Stoke match seeing how our form has nosedived since. Don't see why Wenger feels he has a choice as to which trophies he wants to win.

Yes, of course. But the choice of a top four spot and the FA cup is what a make out of these quotes from Arsène. That's the only explanation of the quotes that makes sense.

CKD39

Established Member
If he thinks going on an FA Cup run will harm the team's chances of finishing in the top 4 then surely that means he knows that this team isn't good enough. He's preparing us for another empty handed season with these comments... after the Yanited game he apparently franticly tried to bring in a couple of players before the window shut, but to no avail.

qs

Established Member
Asterix said:
I hope though that Gazidis does have a frank talk with Wenger; that they both listen to the pleas of fans to sign one or two experienced players in key positions; and that we take the FA Cup seriously.

I get the feeling Gaizidis wont do anything unless he gets the word from Kroenke and it seems Stan is just as conservative as the board are.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
We shouldn't have to choose between the FA Cup and the League. Sure, injuries are going to happen, and sometimes its tough to cope, but we're Arsenal, we should have a squad with enough depth at every position to withstand injuries in January.

qs

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
We shouldn't have to choose between the FA Cup and the League. Sure, injuries are going to happen, and sometimes its tough to cope, but we're Arsenal, we should have a squad with enough depth at every position to withstand injuries in January.

If it was something that happened this season due to injuries I'd say you were wrong, because you could just be unlucky. However it happens every season so its clearly a problem.

Any coincidence that when we were winning FA cups we were **** in Europe? I don't think so. We've never competed on all fronts.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom