• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger hints at Kanu deal

what do you think about Kanu

• stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go away

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Adam, then again you could list virtually every time he appeared on the pitch over the last couple of seasons as him letting the team down.

Jinn

Established Member
I think wages will be abig part of the negotiations, rather than length of the deal. He's definitely being overpaid at the moment.

lewdikris

Established Member
But Ad, what's the point of a super-sub (which i guess is what ur saying) who doesn't score more than the odd goal? I see what you mean, but Solskjaer - or Ronnie Rosenthal, remember him? - he ain't.

Adam

Established Member
I think last season was the pits for Kanu. We know he is better than that and he has shown signs of being influential in some games this season. Kanu plays better away from home and when we are on the backfoot i think.

He seems to have timed his resurgence expertly (perhaps for passport reasons).

Adam

Established Member
lewdikris said:
But Ad, what's the point of a super-sub (which i guess is what ur saying) who doesn't score more than the odd goal? I see what you mean, but Solskjaer - or Ronnie Rosenthal, remember him? - he ain't.

He doesn't score as he isn't a goalscorer. I see him more of a player who starts the odd game and then he performs as he is motivated to hold a place down. Off the bench he used to be good; but he hasn't done much for years.

So i guess i believe he can come in for the odd game now and then because he will be motivated. That's the cycle. Perhaps not be on the bench at all.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Adam - it's not just last season though. It's the season before that as well, and did he do much over the season before that? A handfull off performances in three seasons is pathetic.

Adam

Established Member
A.Hussain said:
we cannot be paying huge wages for players for thier cameo roles.....

That's why we must bring his wages down on the new contract. We must have 4/5 strikers. Kanu is the perfect 4th striker imo. The youngsters help fill the other sub roles, with the starting up front pair being world class (Henry and......)

I think that's what will happen next season if Bergy returns. Henry and Unknown player up front, Ali on bench, Kanu and Bentley in reserve.

Adam

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Adam - it's not just last season though. It's the season before that as well, and did he do much over the season before that? A handfull off performances in three seasons is pathetic.

These handfull of performances are still contributing, and if we get him on low wages then it's probably worth it. The main reason i am saying this is that who else is going to come in and bring more than Kanu as a reserve? And be happy with the role! I suppose Kanu is a proven entity in the sense that he has been influential in these games he has come in. He has a good physical presence, has good passing, and great skill in tight situations. These attributes can always be usefull.

Against West Brom the other night - i thought he was the best player! And he got the goal. I think everyone still has a bad taste in the mouth from the lazy performances he has given.

It may seem that every year some poor sod believes that Kanu will do something - this year it's me!

A.Hussain

Adam said:
A.Hussain said:

That's why we must bring his wages down on the new contract. We must have 4/5 strikers. Kanu is the perfect 4th striker imo. The youngsters help fill the other sub roles, with the starting up front pair being world class (Henry and......)

I think that's what will happen next season if Bergy returns. Henry and Unknown player up front, Ali on bench, Kanu and Bentley in reserve.

d'ya honestly think kanu will accept a contract below his current wages?? i cant see that happening...

Piston Broke

If Kanu could move as quick On the pitch as he will on his Way to the british passport Office In Mid Jan then i say keep him but the truth is He Can't or Won't so i say

:shock: SELL, SELL, SELL :shock:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
No could bring in less. Why keep a player who's been a passenger for years, when all he's going to do is block a space for a player who might actually be worth having in the squad.

I really can't understand why anyone would want him to stay. I don't think it'd be unfair to say whipping boys like Wiltord, Cygan, Gilberto, even Igors Stepanovs have contributed far far more over the last couple of years but still about 50% of people here want him to stay!

The only possible use I can see for him is to hold get things down off the top shelf for Juan!

Adam

Established Member
A.Hussain said:
Adam said:
A.Hussain said:

d'ya honestly think kanu will accept a contract below his current wages?? i cant see that happening...

Arsène has said wait untill the summer. I think we can see whether he deserves the contract then by his contribution.

Kanu is one of the most unique players around, and i don't want Arsenal to lose his presence. Yes, i am attached to the skill. It cons me!

Great Gunman

siddharth said:
Time for kanu and silly wiltord to show the exit door :arrow:
We have had enough of them :thumbdown

I agree with siddharth, time and time again both are siddharth totally useless and desperate, for tring to get an extention to their contract.

We need 2 out an out striker. I mean AW has made some appualling purchase that I'm not happy about i.e.

kanu
Wilturd
Jeffers
Van Bronhkurst
Stephanous

F**k sake we haven't got a lot of money to start slasping out. The transfer window open soon . I would advise him to buy Defoe, Eto'o or Smith.

Kanu isn't 27, he is over 30yrs, it seems like the older I get (26yrs) the younger Kanu.:x

Assuming Wiltord goes, we definitely need either Kanu or a new face. We have sod all money to spend. Can we be sure of getting a better free agent on the same wages? I doubt it, therefore he stays as long as he agrees sensible wages, and a reasonably short contract

matu

We need to have a player who is consistent......Kanu is unpredictable and that is not what Arsenal need......he should take Wiltord with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quattro

lately he has been consistent. if he will agree to significantly lower wages (and i think he will) then i think Arsène will keep him.

Taozhe

probably stay but for a HUGE paycut :)

he has proven his worth and deserves a stay but will need a big paycut as Dennis the master might play for another season too :)

Top Bottom