• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: I WILL be in the market for a striker this January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Boy

Established Member
Can anyone confirm if Wenger said he isn't in the market for a striker today?
Sure I seen it mentioned.

Same old crap, gets the fans hopes up and then delivers nothing. We even lost out on Smalling because he was too much of a cheapskate. United have very limited transfer money but even they still out bid us for players. Sickening.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Same old crap, gets the fans hopes up and then delivers nothing. We even lost out on Smalling because he was too much of a cheapskate.
- Del Boy (Forum Member) on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 pm

A few games makes him have a 7m value? He isn't much better than Bartley.
- Del Boy (Forum Member) on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Illusion

Established Member
That is quite amusing, Smalling was always worth a decent amount of money, he's a young English defender who happens to be tall and starting to bloom just as Terry and Ferdinand are about to fade away.

Del Boy

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Same old crap, gets the fans hopes up and then delivers nothing. We even lost out on Smalling because he was too much of a cheapskate.
- Del Boy (Forum Member) on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 pm

A few games makes him have a 7m value? He isn't much better than Bartley.
- Del Boy (Forum Member) on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I admit that looks stupid on my part. But the fact United are still making higher offers than us with all their money problems is very annoying.

I also later changed my mind about signing him. Anyway there is still a 5% chance we could sign himm yet, we have had a bid accepted according to SSN and Fulham have said it is up to the player.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Del Boy said:
I also later changed my mind about signing him.
Sorry, missed that.

It would be quite funny if he picked us, actually. It would be the second time that United announces the signing of a player who then decides to go to Arsenal instead.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Is there a chance Utd have jumped the gun over the Smalling transfer? Could be...

Please God. Ramsey was funny but I would piss myself lauging if we got Smalling after Utd claimed he had signed for them. Imagine their anger if he turned out another bargain.

Timleaf

Established Member
Fulham say they've agreed a transfer price and it's up to Smalling to agree terms and pass a medical.

Utd say they've agreed terms.

But I doubt anything has been signed yet, so there has to be a chance if we can match Utd's first offer.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Smalling is done.. ManU have confirmed that the agreement is done (on their official site).. he stays at Fulham for the rest of the season then joins them in the summer..

True Gooner

Established Member
Del Boy said:
Same old crap, gets the fans hopes up and then delivers nothing. We even lost out on Smalling because he was too much of a cheapskate. United have very limited transfer money but even they still out bid us for players. Sickening.

I think Fulham have accepted both bids - so that's not it.

Del Boy

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Does anyone know if we've really made an offer for him that was accepted?
The said that on Sky Sports News an hour ago. Wenger said we made a bid earlier.

Atm I think the player is deciding.

The United website is wrong, they just have an offer accepted there has been no personal terms agreed. It said that on Fulham's website and they would be first to know.

Rohit

Established Member
The Man Utd website has always been a joke. We accuse our club of not bringing news to us before someone else. Fact is they bring us news when it is supposed to be brought to us.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
sorry Del Boy.. your statement is just plain wrong..

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?ver=us&cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?ver=us&cc=5901</a>

personal terms have been agreed

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=</a>{F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6645696

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Fulhams site said that "if personal terms are agreed, then the transfer will go through".. ManU have since said that "personal terms have been agreed"..

stop holding out hope folks, this is done and dusted.. end of

asajoseph

Established Member
He also is a defender, not a striker.

There's plenty of room for transfer gripes in the Transfer forum, and Wenger has said that he's not looking at a striker (I believe), so this thread has no real legs left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom