• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger not planning to spend big

Mark

Established Member
well so far he hasn't really let the youth prove themselves. aliadiere isn't playing enough, volz is probably being sold, clichy is only playing because cole is suspended. so maybe he does plan to buy someone...i trust him whatever he does, but i'd be lying if i said i agreed to selling volz...

Arsenal316

I don't agree with selling Volz either. If anything, I'd get rid of Lauren, and give that spot to Volz. Lauren is not a natural defender. His best position is the right side of midfield.

Ali has been given chances. Clichy now that Cole has been suspended. Toure has been playing more too. So I guess to an extent, the youth are getting more playing time, compared to last and previous years.

Mark

Established Member
ali has been given chances, but not enough in the league. they haven't shown us what they can do yet, which is a shame because they have a lot to offer.

Arsenal316

Well, the drawback of being such a really good team is that there is so much of an importance on winning, you really don't get much of a chance to experiment and see the young talent.

You have to be really careful when you try to experiment with your youth. Trying to win is one thing. Trying to win while at the same time integrating your new youth into the team is extremely difficult.

I think the best chance for youth to get a chance is if either an injury happens, or of someobody is suspended. Fortunately, we have the Carling Cup, and to an extent the FA Cup too.

Mark

Established Member
but man u do it and have done it for many years and i find that annoying because i hate them, but what theyre doing is good. our youngsters are as good if not better than theirs they deserve more chances in the league too, but at least theyre playing in carling cup and probably fa cup too.

satan_beckham

so it meant he wont be signing rivaldo...and i am certain wenger wont sign anyone and just carry on with the squad we have.We are doing very fine now so its ok,let the youth prove themself.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Well he seems to be back tracking now, but in a good way. He said last week we would sign NO player.

Now he will if it is the right price. I think he has someone in line, but their agent has been trying for more cash and AW is playing his bluff by saying "no way will we pay those prices".

Someone is coming alright, but who? ...

OK, maybe I am totally wrong, but I just have this feeling.

Mark

Established Member
kluivert will be available for £1.2 million, surely that's a fair enough price.

kajej

Ali's league performances have been dissapointing. I keep on hearing so much about hmi and since the league games are the only ones i can watch i believe he is too light weight for the premiership and never gave in a good performance.

A

Anonymous

how many leagues game has he started 2-3 maybe. comming on as sub in the last 5 mins.

not enough chance given to prove anything. Wenger is bullshitting again.

until i see Ali given a run in the team for 6-10 games, then i might believe him.

surely he is better option then bergkamp and kanu, who have no idea in scoring.

Stim

Mark said:
kluivert will be available for £1.2 million, surely that's a fair enough price.

Wenger said a player for the right price, and that is the perfect price. Surely he must bring him in for that kind of money. Here's me hoping for a January xmas present.

jeremiesgirl

I really hope Arsenal don't even consider buying Kluivert, I saw many of him games for Barca and yes he's a great and yes hes cheap but I wouln't want him at Arsenal in a million years!!!

Ali isnt too light weight for the Premiership either, as we've seen in recent games he's getting tougher and is not shying away from tackles, he just needs more time on the pitch. I will agree that hes not set the world on fire in his premiership games so far but if you read Wenger's comments he has been pleased with the way he's performed, he just needs time, especially more time on the pitch in these important games :)

Arjan

jeremiesgirl said:
I really hope Arsenal don't even consider buying Kluivert, I saw many of him games for Barca and yes he's a great and yes hes cheap but I wouln't want him at Arsenal in a million years!!!
Wow, now there's a good reason not to buy one of the best players in the world.
Considering you're name I think it is more of a emotional than a rational reason for not wanting Kluivert.

But face it, we NEED someone to take the burden of Henry and someone with a proven record is just better in taking over a piece of that burden than Aliadiere, whose time will come. Aliadiere could even learn a trick or two from Kluivert!

Arsenal316

Kluivert would be pointless. He is cup-tied, along with a ton of other players who have been rumored to be coming our way.

Personally, I think Wenger is waiting for the off-season. Then I think possibilities will increase. If you take all the people who have been rumored so far, and then add the likes of Owen, Treziguet, Larsson, Dafoe, Cisse, etc, I think the talent pool to choose from would be much better. I say Owen and Trez because they only have 12 months left on their contracts after this season is over.

If we don't spend now, that gives us more to spend in May-July. Who knows, after Euro 2004, there could be another person that we've never considered. Wenger picked up Pires and Wiltord after Euro 2000, and overall, I think they have done well for themselves while they have been here.

JGooner

no way will we get owen. he'll cost too much and won't consider joining another english club. he'll probably go to juve or real.

The Mini

JGooner said:
no way will we get owen. he'll cost too much and won't consider joining another english club. he'll probably go to juve or real.

If Liverpool dont win a cup or lose out on CL footy, Owen will leave and probably Gerrard aswell.

Defoe? He wants to go somewhere where it's nearly every game starting

Arsenal316

Owen will never go to Real, for his own sake. He'll never play along with Ronaldo and Raul. And yes, I do believe he would leave to play for another English team. And no, since he will only have 12 months left on his deal, he won't cost as much as you think he would.

jc8gooner

I think all this specualtion is getting a wee bit tiresome to be honest. Wenger has said many times that he will only enter the market if the right player is available, at the right price. This is very sensible considering the fact that we do not have all that much to spend. I would much prefer it if we strengthened the squad over the summer, when we will be more aware who is coming and going. Remember, our squad is nowhere near as weak as everyone says it is. We have some top quality players who can't even get on the bench.

Top Bottom