• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger Out - 'Yes' or 'No'

Wenger Out?

• No

Votes: 151 63.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 86 36.3%

• Total voters

flobaba

It's not the lack of trophies.

It's not his refusal to spend and bring in more established, marquee players.

It's the fact that we're seeing the same bullshit from him and his team, season in, season out.

We're hearing the same tired, lame excuses and promises.

He might be fighting, but the players are not fighting with him. They are letting him down, and he has refused to take the necessary hardline stance with most of them who don't even deserve to be here. They do not motivate themselves and He can no longer motivate them. They do not challenge themselves and He can no longer challenge them. They obviously do not fear him. He is more of a father than a manager. Too emotionally involved. He is found wanting tactically in most of the big games. And he is being found out in sickeningly similar manners in many of the smaller games now.

Our defence and defenders used to be the most fearsome and feared in the league, now they are a disorganized bunch of players. Our midfield neither used to ask nor give a quarter when it came to battling it out with the roughest and toughest. Now we are seen as pansies and weaklings to be pushed around.

The quality of our attacking play and attackers has also dropped. Drastically. Any team with half decent organization and determination will cause us to struggle. Yet we have to endure threats of quitting from average players.

We promote youngsters who have proved nothing into a first team of players who have achieved nothing, and sell off our best players season after season just to turn in profits.

Our captain does not want to be with us.

We are still not entirely sure about the goalkeeping situation.

We lost. At home. To Sp**s. gifting away a 2-nil half time lead.

This team is unreliable, and doesn't seem to have the heart to compete when push really comes to shove.

We are the Arsenal. We are, we should be- London's finest.

This team isn't the reason why we have patiently, painfully, endured season after season of failure and sudden collapse and unfulfilled promises since we left Highbury. They have had ample time. We know what they are about now. This is not acceptable. I want him out. Now. Let us begin the rebuilding process all over again. Get rid of deadwood. Get in a fresh coach with fresh ideas. Del Bosque, Hiddink, Pellegrini, Maradona, Gullit, Trappatoni, Puel, Keown, whoever. But I want to see positive changes. Defensively. Organizationally. Tactically.

Wenger was great. And I thank him for the memories and achievements. But every man reaches his peak, and every man declines. Wenger is in decline, or at least has stagnated over the years. We need someone else to help move this team on those last couple of steps. Someone who can help instil a winning culture in this team again. Someone who can give us the consistency we require to become champions again.

We need a change.

I would like a poll please. Does Wenger deserve to remain coach of Arsenal- Yes, No.

Also, suggestions of credible replacements should be thrown in here. Enough with the "*****footing".

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Wenger Out!!! =>

Aye, I'd have said the same thing without the addendum Flobaba. Might as well be upfront about it.

I'll add your poll.

Burnwinter

Established Member

Even today - of all days - I'm still ambivalent. But this is easily the most eloquent philipic on the subject I've seen for some time. More Obama than Yoda, Flobaba ;)

Emma Lusa

Is Arsène a failure? No he's arguable the greatest manager the club has ever had, but and it's a big one, does anyone on this forum have faith in AW leading our club, with these players (all AW's players) to PL or CL glory anytime soon.

If your answer is no then it's time for AW to step aside.

I firmly believe this would be a good time for AW to "move upstairs", he must get so frustrated watching the same old failings week in week out, has he ever had transfer funds? who knows? he certainly has only ever bought average or just above average players whilst watching great players leave.

A new coach and a decent transfer kitty, could turn this squad into champions a task that now seems beyond AW.

The man should go with dignity now, because if this season proves yet another failure he will end up going in disgrace and that would be sad indeed .........

flobaba

Just didn't want it to seem like I'm pushing out cause of you. I'm just sick and tired of this whole charade.

Also, for those who might think I'm pulling a Pharisees against Jesus Christ middle of the night coup, It's only after 8pm in the part of the states that I'm in.

If you want him to remain, please state your reasoning, and not just the usual 'who else is there?' tripe. Also a fear of losing Fabregas isn't a valid argument as we all know he's already got one foot out the door. Also, I would expect any new coach to bring in a few new faces who he believes can improve us as a team anyway, so there's bound to be some degree of personnel shake-up.

P_Gunner

Wondered when a thread like this would pop up. I agree 100% and have done so since January of last year. I am grateful for all he has done for the club, and he will always be remembered for his contribution, but sadly it is time for him to go.

mo50

Established Member

Creating this type of thread during the season is dangerous because the most recent results may sway the vote one way or another.

Do I want him out? I'm not sure. A year ago I was completely against the idea of him leaving. I wouldn't even contemplate it. As I see more and more of the same basic flaws constantly repeating themselves in front of us, you've got to question whether he's the right man for the job.

I think he's just too caught up in his project and philosophies. A new pair of eyes may fix these flaws and lead us to some silverware. We're not far from winning, which is a testament to his brilliance, it's just a matter of whether Wenger can take us to that next level, which I'm doubting as the days pass by.

Burnwinter

Established Member

Where's the poll?

My main reason for ambivalence is that sides at our level of success are very rarely improved by changing the manager.

In my opinion short term success would be unlikely to result from Wenger stepping down, regardless of who was brought in as a replacement. There would be no instant gratification in my opinion.

We have a bridesmaid squad that gets bridesmaid results, and our relative lack of dominance in the PL is similar to that of our immediate rivals, reflecting not only our overall unconvincing quality but also a narrowing of the gap between last and first.

I do think we have been utterly plumbed and found out tactically, and the renown of our football has been nothing more than the dented soufflé of lazy journalists for years now. We're good on our day when things go right, and that's about it.

EDIT: ok maybe it's more of a flower-girl squad

AshburtonGhost

Well said, flo, definitely time for him to go.

Wouldn't mind seeing Guardiola or Loew take over as a replacement.

Shadow Moses

Established Member

Gave up on him two seasons ago so..

stampOfApproval.gif

Gunner_JT

No. Not now anyway. Give him until his contract is up and look for a replacement then. Such a knee-jerk thread.

If we were to change at this point in time it would signal a massive change to the state of the club and it would take a lot of time to get us where we want to be. I don't think i'm prepared to wait for that especially when the squad is just a couple of players away from success. Personally i think Wenger has gone too far in this project to walk away from it all now and it would take something drastic to have him gone/walk away.

At the moment we've lost some games here and there but it's a bit OTT all this backlash and we haven't even gotten halfway into the season. Let's just wait it out and see what happens.

flobaba

The question is, after the performances/results of the past 5 years. The post Highbury years. Since this rebuilding project began. And looking honestly at this team and how it has performed at the most crucial moments, does Wenger truly deserve to remain in charge of the Arsenal? Are you truly totally satisfied with the work he has done/progress he has made thus far?

And its really not a kneejerk thread, it's what quite a few of us have believed and been advocating for the past couple of years.

Gunner_JT

It is knee-jerk, a penalty away from a likely win and this thread doesn't exist. Wenger out will not be as easy as it sounds if you think about it. Don't get your knickers in a twist when we really haven't been terrible, in comparison to the teams around us. We're inconsistent but who isn't atm.

Gunner_JT

All i'm saying is this is probably the lowest we can go right now after a freak loss to the Spuds and a loss to Braga possibly putting our CL campaign in jeopardy, and really the only way is up. We're not going to be **** at home forever and our away form is generally very good atm.

Get back to me in May-June and i'll see where I stand on Wenger out!

Quick question, if Wenger resigns as manager would you be content with him as a Technical director of some sort?

Shue

Established Member

We need a home win to qualify in the champion's league and we're 2 points off the top of the premier league.

brb slitting my wrists

flobaba

Gunner_JT said:
Quick question, if Wenger resigns as manager would you be content with him as a Technical director of some sort?
I don't know. What would the position entail? If he remains close enough to have any significant influence on the matchday tactics/squad, it would probably be an untenable situation for whichever new coach comes in as they would like to have free rein when making their selections/decisions. It would defeat the whole purpose of his resignation in the first instance.

He's probably too proud to accept such a position anyway.

AshburtonGhost

Gunner_JT said:
It is knee-jerk, a penalty away from a likely win and this thread doesn't exist. Wenger out will not be as easy as it sounds if you think about it. Don't get your knickers in a twist when we really haven't been terrible, in comparison to the teams around us. We're inconsistent but who isn't atm.

C'mon man, just a penalty away? That's Wenger stuff, it's always this, that or the other that stopped us from winning. We didn't get the penalty. We couldn't break them down and couldn't keep them out when they decided to have a go at us, same stuff as usual.

Top Bottom