• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger pearls

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm glad that I don't know what he said after he signed the likes of Zinedine Cygan and Igors f***ing Stepanovs.
:lol:

Proof

Established Member
Raider said:
"In England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win."

Andrey-Arshavin-Second-Arsenal-Blackburn-Rove_2004195.jpg

squallkid

Established Member
"If you have a child who is a good musician, what is your first reaction? It is to put them into a good music school, not in an average one. So why should that not happen in football?"

"It is a big surprise to me because he cancelled his contract to go abroad. Have you sold Portsmouth to a foreign country?"

"I didn't know the English were good at swimming. I have been in this country for 12 years and I haven't seen a swimming pool."

"Ferguson should calm down. Maybe it would have been better if he had put us against a wall and shot us.

"He [Ferguson] doesn't interest me and doesn't matter to me at all. I will never answer to any provocation from him any more."

"Ferguson's out of order. He has lost all sense of reality. He is going out looking for a confrontation, then asking the person he is confronting to apologise. He's pushed the cork in a bit far this time"

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
albakos said:
One of the favourites has to be when he said something like:

"Bischoff can become the signing of the season. I took a gamble on him, but when he gets fit you should see his true potential"

:D
You realise we haven't won anything since he left. Co-incidence...?

Gonner_88

Established Member
"I don't think it's because of my eyes, my beautiful eyes"
[on Henry staying at Arsenal - for the money].

“Is the title over or not? I don't believe so. If everyone is right about the championship, then let's stop, give them the trophy and then start again.”

"No. Perhaps he sent it by horse." (After being asked by journalists if he had received Sir Alex Ferguson`s apology.

" I don't kick dressing room doors, or the cat - or even journalists.

"Maybe people will be surprised that I have signed an Englishman but I looked at his quality and not his passport. Francis is a 'fox in the box'."

Arsène what a LEGEND!!! :lol:

yuvken

Established Member
"It’s a bit like a Formula One driver. When he goes into the curve and thinks I want to cross the line at the end he goes into the wall"

"I am giving every drop of my blood to make sure that they win"

"I regret losing Jay Bothroyd"

"Almunia is not leaving Arsenal" (and in that context-) "You ask me ‘we are on a train, who wants to go to the terminal station and that means nobody moves out when the train is moving.’

“When the train comes into that station I promise we will all come off the train!”
(wasn't there a film called "throw Manuel off the train"?)

P_Gunner

""The good side of the difficult period we are having at the moment is that the young players are maturing quickly. That kind of experience is worth six months training for a young player." - February 2006

""We have matured" - August 2007

"At half time we had to say 'OK let's up the pace and play more than we did in the first half'. I think that shows the team is maturing tactically." - September 2007

"We are not a team that is at the end of a cycle, we are at the start of a cycle. So our future will be decided not by who we buy or need but as well by how much we improve." - July 2010

"I am very pleased because we look like we have matured." - October 2010

Its really one big cycle as Arsène puts it. A cycle of continuous maturation but we never really do mature.

P_Gunner

How could I forget this

"But I can talk and talk and talk. It is all about results."

- February 2006... or first trophyless year in the current drought.

mo50

Established Member
"We lacked a bit of sharpness"

Always pulls that one out after a bad result.

Anzac

Established Member
I wish this was a sticky - some classic stuff here and regardless of how you feel about him you gotta love some of the stuff he comes out with.

Anzac

Established Member
To paraphrase the opening ffering from Yuvken.......

"My philosophy is not to be in trouble, but to fool the opponent into trouble."

Top Bottom