• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger pearls

Doom

Well we tried to bring in Ba as well the same summer and Wenger said he tried to move for Lewandowski and that's forgetting the Suarez and Higuain moves. Then on top of that if Real would have been willing to sell Benzema he would have jumped on that. So yeah it's obvious he was meant to be a youngster not close to the team.

We also gave opportunities to both Podolski and Theo as strikers as well before Sanogo made his first start for us!?

F*cking mystifying how everyone will take any little chance to drag Wenger over the coals.

If we had got Higuain two summers ago for about £30m would the complaints now be
1) he's not that good;
2) should have bought Suarez for his £40m release clause.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hindsight is sometimes painful, but Wenger knows that with Suarez we would win the league in 2013/14.

If we had gone in with a £50m bid maybe we would have got him but we wouldnt have signed Özil as well. Having said that I would have Suarez above Özil at any time because a WC CF was and still is required. Özil though could have ended up at Utd, Chelsea or City and made a bigger impact than he made here in his first season.

I guess it's all if's and but's and we will never know the answer!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we had gone in with a £50m bid maybe we would have got him but we wouldnt have signed Özil as well. Having said that I would have Suarez above Özil at any time because a WC CF was and still is required. Özil though could have ended up at Utd, Chelsea or City and made a bigger impact than he made here in his first season.

I guess it's all if's and but's and we will never know the answer!

They weren't selling to us unless they got something like 70M. Pool were gonna ride it out and refuse to sell him.

I think Suarez bit Chiellini on purpose, he wanted that Barca move and it was the only way he could get it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
They weren't selling to us unless they got something like 70M. Pool were gonna ride it out and refuse to sell him.

I think Suarez bit Chiellini on purpose, he wanted that Barca move and it was the only way he could get it.

Yes, I think Pool may have held out for more if they thought Barca would come in. No way was the bite planned though, with his record he could have been banned for much longer and no team would have touched him.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
When I was a teenager, my leg bones grew very fast..
apachechief-o.gif

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Theo talking about his favorite memories in the CL (Barca in 2010)
"...

“I was doing the press conference at the Nou Camp the night before the game and I saw Lionel Messi at the top of the stairs. I was chatting to him, then the boss came up to me afterwards and joked, 'Theo, why didn’t you push him down the stairs?!’

“That has never left me, I thought it was brilliant, really funny from the boss.
"

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150827/walcott-my-champions-league-memories

He then goes on to have an out of body experience for a footballer even one of Messi's talent.

Arsène wasnt joking Theo, "Arsène knows".

Super funny from the boss I can just picture that Sp**s DD postmatch sly smile he did after saying it too.

Gooner_Delhi

Wenger on Kane: "He has great qualities and will make a great career. But once a player is at Sp**s you don't even consider him any more." :D :D :D

Btw just realized that this is my 50th post! Hopefully you guys find me funny / interesting and not Chelsea!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's looking very Dapper here. From a session with L'Equipe! Dressed like a single man!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-philosphy-facilitator

CTHs85jWcAEf_Dh.jpg:large

Last edited:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just to be sure, did his wife really ask for divorce cause Arsène thinks about Arsenal all the time? My paper ran that headline, and all I can think of is..."it's his passion, lady... and both of you aren't young anymore, why complain?"

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just to be sure, did his wife really ask for divorce cause Arsène thinks about Arsenal all the time? My paper ran that headline, and all I can think of is..."it's his passion, lady... and both of you aren't young anymore, why complain?"

I read that she claimed he broke too many promises to her. Maybe said he would retire? I dont know! He's clearly married to football and any woman in his life is not likely to change that.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I read that she claimed he broke too many promises to her. Maybe said he would retire? I dont know! He's clearly married to football and any woman in his life is not likely to change that.
i have the theory that his marriage was "a facade" and he is an in closet gay man.

my gaydar is not spot on all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom