• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger pearls

yuvken

Established Member
Or, as I just saw Anzac suggested - "Wengersims" :D .

To those of you who missed my horribly long and boring previous suggestion, it's all about the boss' gems. He seems to have an exceptional talent - we all agree on that, love or hate him - to utter stuff that sends you to the roof or the floor. Either really funny, peculiar, original, "telling", or what have you.
Only one request from all of you: this is supposed to be amusing - let's keep it at that. There are enough threads and proper places for the "substantial" stuff, Wenger out or, indeed, in. And let's try to keep the really banal stuff out - not everything he says is worth repeating. I don't want this to be too long, so first example will follow in the next post.
(Biggus - I was never going to deny you that, mate :lol: )

yuvken

Established Member
I felt we had to have this thread when he said "Robin Van Persie is not injury prone". It is somewhere on mother-ship .com, if you don't believe it (also on my related post in "wenger-out". By the way, I hope having this thread will not take anything from the amusing potential that the other thread has - I just love it!)
The next, as some of you noticed this morning, and I agreed with Anzac totally, he actually issued a roaming license to song, and he doesn't expect it to hurt our defensive stability. The stuff he says there is really full of these "gems" (I leave it to you guys to find others among them. To me a stand out is that he looks like he is totally confusing the attacking input he's looking for with a defensive input, in applying a higher pressure (which, incidentally, is not easily traced in his relevant remarks). Anyway, the "pearl", as I should do what I preach, is in "I gave Song a license to roam". http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-song-has-a-licence-to-roam
We'd sometimes actually hope there's more bureaucracy when licenses are issued.

jerome2158

Established Member
"I did not see it."

-after every single foul of every single match he has ever been manager during.

Raider

Established Member
"I watch endless amounts of football " - when asked what he does in his spare time.

"A company works best when everybody does the job he is paid to do."

"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."

"It's like you wanting to marry Miss World and she doesn't want you. I can try to help you but if she does not want to marry you what can I do?" ( On Jose Reyes lol )

Raider

Established Member
"We do not buy superstars. We make them."

"The real revelation of a player's character is not in his social life but in how he plays. In my social life I can hide my real personality, in football, you can not"

"Days not weeks." - when asked how long rosicky will be out. ( he was out for almost 18 months.

"One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win."

Awesome one, that last one.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
"He should be ok for Braga."

-Arsène a couple of days after Verms returned injured from the belgian team.

(I know he surely relied on the opinion of his medical staff but it's still funny)

yuvken

Established Member
:lol: Raider - I must admit some of these were new to me
Ron, Rex - when this finally happens, we'll have a whole book of his valuables here.

GaelForce22

Established Member
"Despite the global warming, England is still not warm enough for him." - On Reyes.
"When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent" - On Mourinho.
"I am still hopeful we can go through the season unbeaten - a frightening thought." - In 2002.
"You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the 100th will be Mark Hughes." - On Adebayor's stamp last season.
Raider said:
"One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win."

Great quote, in practise we're pretty far away from that! :lol:

Humble Rex

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
"Despite the global warming, England is still not warm enough for him."
"When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent" - On Mourinho."I am still hopeful we can go through the season unbeaten - a frightening thought." - In 2002.
"You ask 100 people, 99 will say it's very bad and the 100th will be Mark Hughes." - On Adebayor's stamp last season.
Raider said:

Great quote, in practise we're
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0SGosF-Hhg said:
pretty far away from that!
:lol:

:lol: Did he really say that?!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I really loved his quotes on Mourinho and Hughes.

'We know how Van Nistelrooy behaves. He can only cheat people who do not know him well.'
....afterwards he got fined for that, and responded:
'It is not money well spent.'
'It is down to the FA to spend the money now. I should at least get a private seat at Wembley.'

Feanor

Established Member
Almost all my favorites are gone but:

"Payer X is like a new signing" after coming back from a lengthy injury.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
"Politically, I am for efficiency. Economically first. Until the 1980s the world was divided into two, people were either communist or capitalist. The communist model does not work economically, we all realised that, but the capitalist model in the modern world also looks to be unsustainable. You cannot ignore individual interests, but I believe the world evolves slowly. The last 30 years have brought a minimum amount of money for everybody in the west, the next step, politically, would be a maximum amount of money earned by everybody."

=============================

"If I asked you who was the best team in the world you would say Brazil. And do they play good football? Yes. Which club won everything last year? Barcelona. Good football. I am not against being pragmatic, because it is pragmatic to make a good pass, not a bad one. If I have the ball, what do I do with it? Could anybody argue that a bad solution like just kicking it away is pragmatic just because, sometimes, it works by accident?"

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
One of the favourites has to be when he said something like:

"Bischoff can become the signing of the season. I took a gamble on him, but when he gets fit you should see his true potential"

:D

Latest posts+

Top Bottom