• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger & Pires: No new year signings

jc8gooner

I reckon we'll still have a great team no matter what for a while now.

I don't think anyone is disputing that we have a great team. But you must accept that improvements could be made to the team at the moment.

a striker wouldn't do that either. You would break up a great idea that Wenger has built up.

You don't seem to realise that a new striker would not break up the team, or this vague 'great idea' you speak of. When Kanu arrived at Arsenal after we won the double in 1997/1998, did you think that he would spoil Wenger's 'great idea'?
How can you possibly claim that another striker 'would not' increase our chances of scoring, esp when we need to against lower sides. If Ronaldo was to come to Arsenal, would you argue against that?

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:
Don't be jealous if other teams play differently and get results in a different way.

You seem to be blind to the fact that, at the moment, we are not getting the results in the Premiership that we could be getting.

How long have you supported Arsenal?

This has happened before and it will happen again BUT Arsenal pick themselves up from these games. Hold on. Don't get betty swollox.

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:
I don't think anyone is disputing that we have a great team. But you must accept that improvements could be made to the team at the moment.

That is why I say we need a right sided player to supplement Henry's and the teams game. That is where I see a weakness. I mean supplement by adding to the way we play now where we operate putting our strikers behind Henry to complement his game. Yes I want a player but saying "I want a striker" is someone drunken in logic. Specifics would help.

jc8gooner said:
You don't seem to realise that a new striker would not break up the team, or this vague 'great idea' you speak of. When Kanu arrived at Arsenal after we won the double in 1997/1998, did you think that he would spoil Wenger's 'great idea'?
How can you possibly claim that another striker 'would not' increase our chances of scoring, esp when we need to against lower sides. If Ronaldo was to come to Arsenal, would you argue against that?

Don't be stupid. Of course Ronaldo would be great at Arsenal but would that mean we would win all games and be absolute champions no doubt? Would it buy glory?

It is naive a notion to think buying a player would guarantee success. That is why I state - a versatile right sided player from behind Henry. Henry is an amazing player - think about the fact another striker may operate ineffectively against him too. We need to complement his game not hurt it. If we got a versatile operator who can play not only with Henry but with our midfield and our attackers too - bingo.

More things to consider other than one player

jc8gooner

we are *****in

I don't think anyone here is '*****in'.

We're winning games we're meant to win and we get surprised. It's history repeating. 100 years of football history. Get ready for more in the future.

Riddles? :roll:

you spoilt fans

You talk of this urgency from spoilt fans. I do not think that we do not have the capability within the squad to win things, but just believe that a new striker, if the money and right man is available, would greatly help our cause.

And if i remember bergy, Kanu and to a lesser degree Wiltord..were very poor. No one can deny Bergy and Kanu have improved this year and we also have Aliadere.

I don't deny that these players are improving this season. However, they are not scoring enough goals as second striker to Henry. Bergkamp two goals, Kanu none, Wiltord 3, Aliadiere none (ALL PREMIERSHIP).

I think Aliadiere could maybe be the answer but do not see that Wenger has enough faith in him yet to pick him regalarly as first choice partner to Titi in the premiership.

jc8gooner

It is naive a notion to think buying a player would guarantee success.

I have not suggested this.

I say we need a right sided player
If we got a versatile operator who can play not only with Henry but with our midfield and our attackers too - bingo.

Surely you are contradicting yourself. One player would not guarantee success, yet a right-sided player of the ilk you speak of- 'bingo'?

reggiepaul

We're winning games we're meant to win and we get surprised. It's history repeating. 100 years of football history. Get ready for more in the future.

jc8gooner said:
Riddles? :roll:

If you don't understand something it's polite to ask exactly what it means. If oyu think it's a riddle I think your basically just trying to mask humour for your own incapabilities.

The response was we will get surprised. We get surprised by teams every year and in every season of our history.

jc8gooner

If we got a versatile operator who can play not only with Henry but with our midfield and our attackers too - bingo.

You seem to contradict yourslef here.

jc8gooner

If you don't understand something it's polite to ask exactly what it means. If oyu think it's a riddle I think your basically just trying to mask humour for your own incapabilities.
I am sorry for this rsponse, but i was simply mystifies as the original post of yours had little relevance to the fact that the argument is that 'we need a striker'.

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:
It is naive a notion to think buying a player would guarantee success.

I have not suggested this.

I say we need a right sided player

Surely you are contradicting yourself. One player would not guarantee success, yet a right-sided player of the ilk you speak of- 'bingo'?

Surely I'm not. There is no contradiction. A contradiction is when someone states something in conflict with what they said previously.

When I state a player will not guarantee success it won't.

You talk of a striker. I talk of a right sided player to supplement Henry's and our teams play. I'm being specific. Not contradictory.

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:

You seem to contradict yourslef here.

No I don't. How is that a contradiction.

Unlike yourself. I am being specific. I am not saying it will guarantee success.

When I state more things are to be considered than one player I mean that. That player has to be put in position and has to work around us. Lots of things to consider. You harp on about a striker - I'm more specific in relation to how the team plays and the type of player we require.

"Surely", you can understand that?

jc8gooner

What did you mean by 'bingo' then?

You can be specific, yet contradictory.

I am not suggesting that one player will guarantee success.

If you want me to be specific in terms of a striker, I will:

1) Can score more goals than Wiltord, Bergkamp and Kanu can in the prem.
2)Complements Henry's style of play.
3)Not too old, not too young
4)Not too expensive

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:
I am sorry for this rsponse, but i was simply mystifies as the original post of yours had little relevance to the fact that the argument is that 'we need a striker'.

It was related.

I think (no offence) I am beginning to understand why your so slow now.

The previous post was quite straight forward. Read it a few times until it makes sense. Just like you can't contact writers of books when you are reading them the same is here. Just try instead of getting your pants in a bunch.

jc8gooner

getting your pants in a bunch.

I am not. :wink:

Just like you can't contact writers of books when you are reading them the same is here.

Yet I can contact you. Can you try to explain the relevance of this to the original topic?

Feel free to mock my style of rhetoirc with the 'Surely.' I am not bothered.

reggiepaul

jc8gooner said:
What did you mean by 'bingo' then?

You can be specific, yet contradictory.

I am not suggesting that one player will guarantee success.

If you want me to be specific in terms of a striker, I will:

1) Can score more goals than Wiltord, Bergkamp and Kanu can in the prem.
2)Complements Henry's style of play.
3)Not too old, not too young
4)Not too expensive

Wow this is nice. Your beginning to agree with me. Nice to see you say compliments Henry's style of play but I think you should add our teams style of play because we play a unique style of football and any new comer will need to adapt if we need to improve our game.

There is no contradiction. That's just you saying something because you are running out of things. When I said Bingo it is (i know your slow so I'm using simple sentences) related to the type of player we need. Now your agreeing with me. I'm pleased. :D

reggiepaul

I'm off to bed.

The relevance was (if you look back, you'll notice) to you saying we're having bad games.

Point was, in history, every team - even the best - have bad games.

Understand?

jc8gooner

I understand where you are coming from with the need for a right-sided player. Are you talking about a person who can score golas though?

If you are talking about someone who can link the midfield to attack, all our current strikers, apart from Wiltord and Ali, can do this.

We ned someone to score the simple goals, someone more clinical than our current second strikers. Kanu, Bergkamp and Wiltord simply do not score enough goals.

satan_beckham

hope we dont live to regret the decision who knows if ali,papa and sendaros turned out class then we do not need any players since we still have pennant and volz.

A.Hussain

i have a feeling why pires said, we may not be signing anyone in jan. we might get someone on loan and have wiltord leave simultaneously thereby not exhausting the cash kitty for jan. when the season ends wenger will prolly get that kitty back plus a new transfer moolah pack (hopefully from our CL endeavors) and try to assemble a big package for antonio jose reyes. for some reason i have a gut feeling wenger will try to lure this kid to us again.

Top Bottom