• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger still unwilling to gamble on youth

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
shaz said:
the thing about keepers is that alot of the mature when theyre a bit older. there are some exceptions, but even then they are BRILLIANT keepers, casillas at madrid, whilst i think is a decent keeper, isnt world class (hey dont cuss me its my opinion :mrgreen: ).

im sure when the time comes for the youth players to be in the first team, stack and taylor would have ripened by then and will definately be there.

ill be willing to bet, that wenger would have loaned out out taylor as well to make sure he gets experience, but he cant just have two keepers, and perhaps the reason why stack when is because he has more pontential. someone mentioned this in another thread, and i agree.

also, agree with some of my fellow gunnerz, that it seems some people are making it out as if theyve reached thier peak at 19, they havent, and they probably wont for at least another 2, 3 years. so relax and enjoy the upcoming season. :angel
Agree with most of what you said, but players don't peak until they reach 27-29 years old. I think what you meant is that they need first team football by the time they are 23 to be able to devlope into great players.

Alexone234

Its about not gambling and only playing someone who is up to EPL standard.

Example, Clichy is clearly a player ready to climb up a level.
Ali still has time to go
Reyes is already top class
Van Persie is in that league too
some of the subs against Barnet would have been overun.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
this is possibly the most important season of Arsenal's recent success. the pressure is on. we have to win the champions league to keep our stars. u think vieira, henry, edu and maybe even campbell arent getting frustrated with our CL efforts??? they are and may look elsewhere if the craving for european glory isnt appeased. that said, we have to have experienced back-up in our most important positions. i like the youth that we have but for the CL we need the cream of the crop. we need proven players. the CL is our number one priority for the new season and wenger has built a squad geared towards lifting the CL trophy at the end. experience will achieve this and keep our stars happy. youth is too much of a gamble with all that is at stake for our club

Biggus

Established Member
Relax everyone the EPL is the longest most punishing league in the world, Add in CL,FA cup and Worthless cup and there will be plenty of chances for the kids. 8)

timberford

wenger can't throw in the youngsters until they are definitely ready. sink or swim is not the way these things are done. otherwise if the player comes in and has a really bad performance and their confidence is shattered it is not good.

Henry IV

Wenger does take a lot of stick for not giving the youngsters a go. but I'm not going to complain if we keep on winning league titles and cups.

Top Bottom