• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not sure what role he would come back in. Chairman seems most likely especially with Sir Chips apparently threatening to resign. Someone with whom Arteta could talk in full confidence. Someone who could be the voice of reason over poor transfers- he knows better than anyone, the good and the bad. Someone dodgy agents will think twice about trying to screw over. For starters, he's the only one with the courage to face the press, slam the refs and VAR snd laugh in the face of Duche. That'll do nicely for a start. I love the man and would rather he stayed away if any abuse is on the cards though. No other board member has got anything close to what they deserve.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Struggle to see a capacity he comes back in but talk of binning Raul a head of football who negotiates deals like Pepe for 70mil for wenger who would try and sign 6 average players for that money is madness.

let’s not forget Wenger Personally asked Yaya Sonogo at a hotel to join Arsenal yet ignored Jamie Vardy at the Euros when he was seriously considering joining Arsenal a few years back.

No thanks. People have short memories.

he was sacked for a reason
Vardy was using us as leverage and you could say pepe is average so far.

Wenger is the alph a and omega of Arsenal. This club is nothing without him. He made this club.

With that said I think Arteta can benefit having Wenger around. Arteta is still growing as manager and there is a long road ahead so having Wenger around could be brilliant!

say yes

forum master baiter
Is this a positive or negative for Raul?
It’s irrelevant for Raul. The only people above him in the club’s organisation are the owners. Wenger, a man he was involved in sacking two years ago, is no threat to him. This isn’t game of thrones.

Arsène would likely be joining the club in an ambassadorial role, sitting on the board. He’s perfect for that, but he wouldn’t really have any influence over football operations (in fact, sir chips is rumoured to be on the verge of resigning due to the lack of board influence at the club).

This is more ceremonial than anything else, and given the value Raul places on having people who understand Arsenal at the club, he’s probably the main person pushing for it.

darkgunner

He's probably corrupted by FIFA at this point, so he may have some uses when it comes to the dark arts of influencing refereeing against us.

Don't wanna see him touch the managerial side with us again though, or even worse the recruitment side of the club. Already did lots of damage in those two areas during his last few years here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Not for me, I was critical of his Barcelona record all summer. His tenure at Barcelona saw major expensive flops.

Don't forget pepe. I don't have any real criticism for the player himself - new league, new team etc - but splashing 80m € on pepe when similar players like him, e.g. Ismaila Sarr, were available for 30m while the team could've done with a few more signings isn't too great a piece of business to me.

As for Wenger: If he comes back a board role coupled with something like maybe a behind the scenes role for overall club philosophy development could be a fit. He's providing the ideas for the identity and the younger gen that's got the actual jobs work on how that can be implemented in the different teams, academy, fitness room etc.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
giphy.gif

Latest posts+

Top Bottom