• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

pikey2000

If he is interested in coming back then you get it done, having Wenger around Arsenal in a non manager/coach capacity can only be good, the guy is a class act and a legit legend in an era where the term is spammed around way to easily.

Bloke stayed loyal to our club through thick and thin, good and bad, in times where loyalty was out the window and players were jumping ship for money and silverware left right and centre.

That level of loyalty is rare, super rare, most humans when times aren't so great would have sacked it in and turned their back, or when times were good and he was courted by the big teams, they would have took the chance jump ship for a the chance of more glory, not Wenger, this was HIS club of a lifetime, if you can't appreciate what that means in this climate where most of the ****stains that frequent football have zero loyalty, some of which we watch prancing about our very own pitch for massive wages, barely putting a shift in, then you are seriously missing the point of what made Wenger a one off for our club, regardless of trophies, tactics and transfers, he was a one off, the likes of which we will be lucky to see again in our lifetime.

Just my thoughts for what its worth.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I mean, you compared him to a wife-beater and us to abuse vitctims, so the bar on whats actual nonsense is pretty high.

No I compared the situation.

Wenger was great once, but he is also responsible for our downfall, I cant excuse that and welcome him back.
It is puzzling to say the least that so many here are so inane to want him back

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Wenger was great once, but he is also responsible for our downfall, I cant excuse that and welcome him back.

Still, it was one of the worst comparisons I've seen in this forum. Totally unnecessary metaphor.

Wenger was partly responsible, but this freefall much more to do with Gazidis and the people he put in charge to run the club.

The man still is one of the great footballing minds of our time and embodies Arsenal. We need more of that back in the club.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

You are entitled to your opinion but time and place man.

You tend to go to some extremes.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Tbf AM tends to swing in two ways, either you have some ****house posters doing their rounds or some gems from people who actually can think long enough to be interesting. Black or White.

P.S Arsène for most people is Arsenal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would obviously love him back in some capacity, still doesnt feel quite right without him at the club yet...he is our greatest legend, and that's saying something given some of the legendary players/managers that we have in our history.

I know the 2010s weren't as good as the 1990s and 2000s, and the last few seasons in particular were very difficult...but you could never doubt how he cared about this club more than anything else.

You look at someone like Mourinho with Chelsea, their greatest manager, but you just get the feeling he doesn't care about them, he just wants to be successful...whereas you can genuinely tell Arsène is a fan, I am so happy this club made such a mark of him, as he made me (and countless others) fall in love with this great club...it was win at Arsenal, or win nowhere else...he would give anything for this club.

He made mistakes, but that's life...being perfect is kinda stupid, no one can grow as a person that way...to truly know how much something means to you, you need ups and downs, you need to see if it's worth fighting for...and although Arsène and Arsenal have pissed me off from time to time, I wouldn't want another football club, and I certainly wouldn't want another manager.

Anyone who saw Arsène, from his very first game, or just got to see his very last, can count themselves as a very lucky person...you can have your family, your friends, your dream job, your fav film/tv show/band, whatever...as Arsenal from 1996-2018 was the best time of all our lives, and one man was responsible for that.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Hell yes get him involved in long term planning and strategy. Edu/Raul/Vinai/Josh are just making **** up as they go along. They'll never get us to where we need to be without the help of someone like Wenger who knows more than all of them combined

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

. Stockholm syndrome is a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity.[1] Emotional bonds may be formed, between captor and captives, during intimate time together, but these are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.
Physical and psychological effectsEdit
  1. Cognitive: confusion, blurred memory, refusal to accept the reality of events, and recurring flashbacks.

You guys are No battered wifes, you are worse of than that.

Guess I have to be your exit-therapist

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger was great once, but he is also responsible for our downfal
:rofl: Sometimes I can't believe what I read on here. Much of the team has changed, completely new management structure and 3 managers since . . . and Wenger's responsible for us being mid-table ffs?

Wenger wasn't even mid table when the fans were flying planes overhead telling him to f*** off, protesting and ranting and boycotting. All the managers since have had the fans firmly behind them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger is not coming back. Close the thread.

It's just bringing out all entitled, frustrated so called fans who were desperate to sack Wenger and slagged him off for years. They are compelled to continue their tirade, else admit they were stupid now we're very mid-table.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wenger is not coming back. Close the thread.

It's just bringing out all entitled, frustrated so called fans who were desperate to sack Wenger and slagged him off for years. They are compelled to continue their tirade, else admit they were stupid now we're very mid-table.

The overwhelming majority of posts here are pro-Wenger.

Why have you posted this buddy?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
:rofl: Sometimes I can't believe what I read on here. Much of the team has changed, completely new management structure and 3 managers since . . . and Wenger's responsible for us being mid-table ffs?

Wenger wasn't even mid table when the fans were flying planes overhead telling him to f*** off, protesting and ranting and boycotting. All the managers since have had the fans firmly behind them.

Everything but top 4 is down

He created the slope we are on with His failure to realize the market and game had changed

Top Bottom