<

Wenger To Return?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Most returns never end well though he wouldnt be back as coach. Our squad needs so much work though I think we need a miracle worker

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Why has this not accelerated yet. Pointless supporting Arsenal without the great man!

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Elite posting from you Dennis!

El Granit-Coq likes this.
  4. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

How was that racism when all I did was do exactly as he did? I even highlighted it to give any mods a clue--not that it was needed.

He took the piss out of how some English people speak, so I did the same for how some Indian people speak. If anything, it was actually more racist from him than it was me, because he's attaching stereotype to it, whereas I did not. So yeah, well done :lol:

RacingPhoton likes this.
  5. Eaststander74

Casual stereotypical racism only works if it's being directed at a certain group... What a shocker!

Gunner-Union likes this.
  6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

7. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Raul Sanllehi out, Wenger in. Who says no?

8. Eaststander74

The downward trajectory in his last couple of years is impossible to ignore though. Just because Emery came in and had one better season than Wenger's last, and was then sacked part way through what was more than likely going to be a terrible one, doesn't make anyone 'right'. The only 'right' thing was he had to go and we needed to start again. Everything else is just speculation.

Riou likes this.
  9. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

Fan and media hostility contributed to performance anxiety. Ultimately Wenger deployed an attacking high risk playing style; so occasionally we'd concede many goals against good teams.

Arsenal still won plenty of big matches under Wenger especially home matches

10. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Emery had the benefit of having the fans backing and "Our Arsenal back" mantra that we ad fans were spewing. He didn't manage in a toxic atmosphere with people clamouring for his head and resignation. Look how quickly he lost the dressing room, something, even at his worst, Arsène never had to deal with.

Note that Wenger wanted to leave 2 years prior but because of the mess that our club is (higher ups) had to stay and handhold them for another few years. He tainted his legacy by putting this **** of a board first. You could tell that even the board was not prepared to succeed him, everything has been a shambles since he left. Gazidis jumped ship the moment it was evident that Wenger would not be to blame anymore and he would actually have to be responsible.

Honestly, our fanbase pisses me off so much, myself included. Look at the mirror and think, I helped crucify Arsène for naught. AM with it's moments is probably the only section of our fans that one can tolerate? Have any of you met Arsenal fans outside?

vantoure and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  11. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say :lol:

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  12. Eaststander74

How is that a benefit, even if we ignore the fact that it was hardly any sort of 'mantra'? A few people said it... It was meaningless throwaway twitter fodder. Arsenal has never and will never be 'ours'.

The atmosphere was toxic enough without it getting palpable. The fans in the stadium knew he was a dead man and they remained calm, whereas getting the message across that Wenger had done his time, was something they knew was going to be more difficult after 22 years. It gets toxic for a reason anyway. Rarely are two scenarios before a departure, the same.

He was also the architect of his own destiny by failing to do what he had to do when he had the chances to do it though.

I personally wont let the last two years ruin what was a magical period in the clubs history. I'll argue with those who want to say he didn't contribute to the mess we found ourselves in, but that's it. I don't know why people think he either has to be some infallible god-like figure, or the biggest reason we're currently sh!t. It can be a degree of both.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Riou likes this.
  13. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Has there been any serious suggestion of this (in last days) or was, this the usual clickbait on a slow day

14. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

In another words Wenger can't save us from Kroenke and co...... so what's the point of keeping him? He doesn't know how to be a team player, how to fight for what he needs and we would be shambles had he stayed too. We need a manager who can fight to change the culture of the club, if Arteta can't be that manager then he's going to fail sooner or latter too.

15. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume Member

Wowee. How insightful of you.
    You must have read my mind, NOT.
    I only mentioned his transfer dealings.

16. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume Member

Yeah. Let's go back to, "I didn't see it" instead.
    Wenger was good for a while, but hey, if a top 4 finish is the height of your ambition for the club, then carry on worshipping the bloke

17. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume Member

I see why you turned to God.
    The game moved on, he regressed.
    Stagnated.

18. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Next time a club spending 5th in the league comes top, let me know and I'll change my view.

Unless you want to wait a 140 years like Leicester did.

19. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

A lot of people would now kill for 4th place and seriously anxiously wonder if we could win the 6th place trophy.

Wenger set the bar high and when he wasn't able to meet his own high standards left, giving the Kronkes cover for one last time.

We got our Arsenal back all right. An underperforming team owned by shysters.

20. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member