• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Not sure how that works. What happens when the stadium naming rights are taken over by names like Stubbs Prosthetics, Passmore Gas & Propane, STD Contractors or perhaps the Iowa petrol station chain: "Kum & Go" ?

The Kum & Go Wenger Stadium?

try harder

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Fans don't want the real Wenger back as manager. They want the rose tinted memories Wenger. It would end in tears again. None of us want to go through that again.

A statues not enough for me though. The stadium should at least partially be named after him. He did more than any one individual person to build that place after all. The Wenger - Emirates stadium sounds good to me :)
The real Wenger who was let go would have us 10 places higher with probably double the goal output. Had that guy had Partey and Gabriel, he'd have challenged for the title. I wanted him out but he looks better by the day when you see what he achieved with squads far worse than this.

kash2

I’d love him back, probably start buying Arsenal merch again. Thing is we have some of the worst fans in the country. He doesn’t deserve being subjected to their filth again.
the dumbass fans dont matter .. specially not to wenger. The problem is when the board undermines his authority. He will probably want ironclad guarantees and control

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The real Wenger who was let go would have us 10 places higher with probably double the goal output. Had that guy had Partey and Gabriel, he'd have challenged for the title. I wanted him out but he looks better by the day when you see what he achieved with squads far worse than this.

Wenger was hounded out by the fans largely. It's fine if the some of the fanbase regrets that now and realises the grass isn't always greener, but what's done is done.

We need to build towards the future now, not go begging a 71 year old Wenger to come back. That wouldn't be good for anybody.

kash2

Wenger was hounded out by the fans largely. It's fine if the some of the fanbase regrets that now and realises the grass isn't always greener, but what's done is done.

We need to build towards the future now, not go begging a 71 year old Wenger to come back. That wouldn't be good for anybody.
why? He left because the owners undermined him and stopped backing him. We have seen 2+ yrs of building towards the future bullshit and thats baloney. Football is here and now, on the pitch, and in 90 minutes ... Wenger coming back would be great for the NOW .. the 90 minutes .. and thats all that matters.

blaze_of_glory

Was canned for getting 5th twice, which was seen as underperforming with the squad he had. Hindsight and all that, and certainly it did seem it was time for him to go when he did (if just to quell the fans and give himself some peace), but I really do think we'd be in a much better position now if he'd simply stayed on.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The club is in free fall and needs a steady hand. Wenger was missing 2 key players for most of the 2nd half of his reign, a dominant CB and B2B midfielder. We now have both. It makes all the sense in the world from our perspective but admittedly not as much from Wenger's.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Ideal time for Wenger to come back. He can go 'I told you so' on the fans. Id like to give Arteta more time, but if we're able to get Wnger, Pochettino or Alegri then I'll be in favour of a sack while the season is still salveagable.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Ideal time for Wenger to come back. He can go 'I told you so' on the fans. Id like to give Arteta more time, but if we're able to get Wnger, Pochettino or Alegri then I'll be in favour of a sack while the season is still salveagable.
Think he'll go to a Madrid, PSG, etc. if he returns to management.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Stop dreaming !!

I'd absolutely love for Wenger to be back, I was always in his support, but if I were him, I would never be back managing here.

We as fans (the majority) were the main factor in putting pressure on him.

This impacted the clueless Board, execs and the owners who reacted to that pressure and basically drove him out of this great club.

I am sure Wenger hurts as much, if not more than most of us to see us in this shape, but he is a man of clear integrity and he will never come back to appease the toxic environment that drove him out.

His book, although not as detailed, offers a great insight into his feelings and deep sense of feeling betrayed by the fans.

He is a legend of this club, our stadium should be named after him, only so whenever his name is mentioned, the fans will realise what a great man he was, while at same time remind themselves what a bunch of utter **** the fans who put pressure on him were.

kash2

Stop dreaming !!

I'd absolutely love for Wenger to be back, I was always in his support, but if I were him, I would never be back managing here.

We as fans were the main factor in putting pressure on him.
This impacted the clueless Board, execs and the owners who reacted to that pressure and basically drove him out of this great club.
I am sure Wenger hurts as much if not more than most of us to see us in this shape, but he is a man of clear integrity and he will never come back to appease the toxic environment that drove him out.

His book, although not as detailed, offers a great insight into his feelings and deep sense of feeling betrayed by the fans.
He is a legend of this club, our stadium should be named after him, only so whenever his name is mentioned, the fans will realise what a great man he was and what a bunch of utter **** the fans who put pressure on him were.
he would if we send out an SOS. Just to help

Wengysaurus

Majority of the fans wanted the big guy out and were willing to put up with new manager and time it took to rebuild the squad. I think even a past his sell by date Wenger is better than these new managers we have had or been linked with. They do say you should never go back though, probably a good reason for that.

kash2

Majority of the fans wanted the big guy out and were willing to put up with new manager and time it took to rebuild the squad. I think even a past his sell by date Wenger is better than these new managers we have had or been linked with. They do say you should never go back though, probably a good reason for that.
minority of fans

Wengysaurus

minority of fans
Unfortunately those minorities seemed the loudest at the time. Plus the media jumping on the bandwagon. I did get frustrated towards the end of his reign but now those frustration's don't seem so bad when we are sat 15th in the table and can't create any chances.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
giphy.gif

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I loved Wenger and hated the campaign of abuse against him, largely from internet trolls, but although he would probably come back as caretaker if called in an emergency we should be looking elewhere for a permanent appointment if Arteta leaves. Time to move on now.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom