• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I agree he wouldn't and probably shouldn't manage us again. He should be back at the club in some capacity though imo.

I think it's a blessing and a curse that he and the fans aren't there right now tbh.

Imagine if we had lost at home against Wolves and in the final minute the camera panned to Wenger's face complete with the fans booing.

The media would have a field day and I can see them badgering both Mikel and Wenger about the malaise. I can hear the commentators especially Neville now, "The great man can't be happy with these performances." "Are the fans starting to regret Wenger out?".

As much as I want him back, he needs to come back to a positive Arsenal. Right now he'd cast too large a shadow over Mikel.

On the other hand, knowing the boss, he might be just the one to drown out all the noise and help Mikel set this ship right.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think it's a blessing and a curse that he and the fans aren't there right now tbh.

Imagine if we had lost at home against Wolves and in the final minute the camera panned to Wenger's face complete with the fans booing.

The media would have a field day and I can see them badgering both Mikel and Wenger about the malaise. I can hear the commentators especially Neville now, "The great man can't be happy with these performances." "Are the fans starting to regret Wenger out?".

As much as I want him back, he needs to come back to a positive Arsenal. Right now he'd cast too large a shadow over Mikel.

On the other hand, knowing the boss, he might be just the one to drown out all the noise and help Mikel set this ship right.
he'll manage.

pikey2000

Its dreamland stuff but him coming back on the caretaker role until the end of the season and letting him vet the replacements would be ideal

Makavelii

I do believe that if Wenger came back as a temp manager that he would rescue a top 6 finish for us this season.

kash2

only if kroenke goes down on his knees in the centre circle before kickoff on live tv with the letters AKB on his forehead in sharpie

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Not sure how that works. What happens when the stadium naming rights are taken over by names like Stubbs Prosthetics, Passmore Gas & Propane, STD Contractors or perhaps the Iowa petrol station chain: "Kum & Go" ?

The Kum & Go Wenger Stadium?
Astute comment. You never know what you’ll get.

And KUM & Go is indeed real. There’s one a mile from my house. Near the Pump ‘n’ Munch.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No, no and no again. No Wenger. Wenger ran this club beautifully for over 20 years with dignity and grace.

Insult and abuse the man, trash the club after he’s gone and invite him back to clean up the sh!t. No way.

Iceman10

Established Member
I do believe that if Wenger came back as a temp manager that he would rescue a top 6 finish for us this season.

A lot for the game nowadays involves detailed drilling for positioning. Things could go well based on inspiring players and creative freedom, but there is equal probability of falling flat. As some have said here there is just too much risk of abuse returning on the back of a bad run of just 3-4 matches. If he returns it should be as an executive.

kash2

A lot for the game nowadays involves detailed drilling for positioning. Things could go well based on inspiring players and creative freedom, but there is equal probability of falling flat. As some have said here there is just too much risk of abuse returning on the back of a bad run of just 3-4 matches. If he returns it should be as an executive.
gee .. who cares about abuse from the brexity incels ..its crisis time and not those days when fans expected a title challenge

Arsène Wenger gives advice to Mikel Arteta on Mesut Özil situation

Arsène Wenger has denied the suggestion that Mesut Özil is a difficult player to manager but believes he needs to be shown constant support if Mikel Arteta decides to resurrect the German’s Arsenal career.

The 32-year-old featured prominently during the first few months of Arteta’s tenure but has been exiled since the Premier League resumed in June and hasn’t featured at all for the club this season.

In his absence, Arsenal have struggled to unlock opposition defences and appear to be crying out for the creative qualities the former Real Madrid star possess in abundance.

The Gunners have scored just 10 goals in their 11 top flight games so far this season, while captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang hasn’t found the back of the net from open play since the opening day of the campaign.

It appears unlikely that, despite a run of form which has seen Arsenal drop to 15th place in the table, Özil will play for the club again, much to Wenger’s sadness.

‘He was not difficult to manage,’ Wenger told ESPN’s Caught Offside podcast. ‘He was a guy who had a special quality as a creative player and needed to have fun. He is an artist and these guys are a bit more sensitive.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/12/Arsè...on-mesut-Özil-situation-13741235/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

GoonerJay24

He needs to comeback now as manager for a couple of seasons.

This gives the club enough time to properly plan for the long term and find suitable replacements. Emery was underrated but just didn't suit whilst Arteta seems out of his depth.

Wouldn't care if we don't reach top four under him but at least Wenger plays attractive football and knows how to develop youth. Maybe put someone like Viera or Ljunberg alongside him as assistants.

I know it will never happen but it irritates me so much how badly the succession planning has been post Wenger.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No, no and no again. No Wenger. Wenger ran this club beautifully for over 20 years with dignity and grace.

Insult and abuse the man, trash the club after he’s gone and invite him back to clean up the sh!t. No way.

It would be complete madness, and a disservice to Wenger. The mad thing is that I think he would be tempted to say yes to help out...

It would end in tears. The board made their decisions. They own this crisis. They fix it.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not against it. If we arrange for Arteta to 'get ill' or something for a few weeks while Wenger gets a few easy games to just give our players a bit of the old medicine.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I'm not against it. If we arrange for Arteta to 'get ill' or something for a few weeks while Wenger gets a few easy games to just give our players a bit of the old medicine.
Yeah, give Wenger a few easy games to start with...

Not December then...
Soton H, Everton A, Man City H cup, Chelsea H

Jan 1st would be ideal...
Brighton A, WBA A, Newcastle H cup, Palace H, Newcastle H, Soton A, then Man United H on the 30th to see how far we've got

Top Bottom