• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmanueleboue2

We need more than a midfielder a better option as a RW. Buying mahrez and getting Göretzka for a high fee in january would be outstanding business and what was neccesary to get top4.

But the options for this summer/january are endless to improve this side.

Gk: Arrizablaga(free), Leno(available)
CB: J.Gimenez(free), S.D. Vrji(free)
LB: F.Ghoulam(free)
CM: L.Göretzka, S.M.Savic(expensive but available), Fabinho(same as before), moutinho(free), H.Aurar(expensive)
Attackers: N.Fekir, T.Lemar, H.Lozano, R.Mahrez, Malcolm,

Last edited:

tcahill

We need more than a midfielder a better option as a RW. Buying mahrez and getting Göretzka for a high fee in january would be outstanding business and what was neccesary to get top4.

CM: L.Göretzka, S.M.Savic(expensive but available), Fabinho(same as before), moutinho(free), H.Aurar(expensive)

It's frustrating how many players we need are available on a free in winter, or cheap in January.

Just a few ideas:

-Gimenez is great but he's the same kind of kamikaze defender as Mustafi and Kos. I'd much rather De Vrij who should form an effective partnership with the above.
-Goretzka is a good shout, but his playstyle is very similar to Ramsey's, I don't think he's the pure CDM we desperately need.
-Fekir plays best through the middle, we should only get him if Özil leaves. Any two of those wingers should be excellent.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There are Draxler rumours lighting up over the January window, PSG willing to sell him in January & we are keen on getting him this window. Anyone take him & sell Sanchez who has to go in my opinion?
I'd take it. At this stage it's best we prepare for Alexis leaving give a new guy a few months adaptation period so they can hit the ground running in 18/19. Our league campaign is done for the title. May as well start preparing for next season already.

Toast

Established Member
Here’s what the boss said about his expectations for this January and his stance on Alexis:

“I will be busy, yes, because first of all you have clubs that call you to get players on loan or to buy your players, and as well I’m open-minded to any possibility to strengthen our team.

“But honestly we have not been approached by anyone [for Alexis] and I’ll just stick to what I said before [that I want him to stay].”

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...netsk-Bernard-Inter-Milan-Hebei-China-Fortuna

It would be great business if we got Bernard and one of Zaha or Mahrez in the January window.

Arsène Wenger surely has to be looking at the Bernard situation and planning to line up an offer for him in January. We could sign him for 8m which is peanuts in this current transfer market.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Good news from Wenger, sounds like we'll be making moves...

I will be busy, yes, because first of all you have clubs that call you to get players on loan or to buy your players, and as well I’m open-minded to any possibility to strengthen our team.

“But honestly we have not been approached by anyone [for Alexis] and I’ll just stick to what I said before [that I want him to stay].”

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Vietto and Gaitan are on their way out of Atletico, also Ferreira-Carrasco has been a total dressing room cancer and they'll probably cut losses with him.

Might be a decent pick up but the guy's caused problems with half the squad and staff.

A decent player who may be leaving is Vrsaljko, really rate him and think he'd be a fair bit better than Bellerin is currently.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Vietto and Gaitan are on their way out of Atletico, also Ferreira-Carrasco has been a total dressing room cancer and they'll probably cut losses with him.

Might be a decent pick up but the guy's caused problems with half the squad and staff.

A decent player who may be leaving is Vrsaljko, really rate him and think he'd be a fair bit better than Bellerin is currently.
How do you rate Carrasco? Do you think he'd do well here?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How do you rate Carrasco? Do you think he'd do well here?

He's beyond frustrating but he's capable of doing ridiculously good things. This forum would melt down watching him week in week out :lol:

Think a lot of it is mental with him, if he puts it all together I no joke think he'd be world class.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Adding Vrsaljko and De Vrij would go a long way towards fixing our defence and signing both shouldn't even cost us all that much.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Adding Vrsaljko and De Vrij would go a long way towards fixing our defence and signing both shouldn't even cost us all that much.

I think Vrsaljko is really underrated, I honestly think he'd be a top tier full back if he was handled properly by Simeone. Get a feeling that when he leaves he'll get to that next level.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think they'll be a lot of rumors but for the people who expecting us signing top quality player prepare to be disappointed because its almost impossible teams will sell.

Wenger said he looking to strength let's hope he get us the players that help us to improve

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

We should be all over Stefan De Vrij, and i think my dutch friends on this forum will support me on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom