• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We should be all over Stefan De Vrij, and i think my dutch friends on this forum will support me on that one.

I'd like to hear from people who have watched him at length, as I haven't myself. His reputation is good, but to hear it from people who know him would be reassuring. From what I gather, he's a composed, intelligent defender?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Seems to me we are going to be taking calls and not making them. Then we attempt to overspend on deadline day. Wenger needs to stay out of tansfers...he treats it like a Cat and Mouse game.

Why haven't we tried to secure sign us in December so they can be offially announced Jan 1?
I have how our club are run.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I think they'll be a lot of rumors but for the people who expecting us signing top quality player prepare to be disappointed because its almost impossible teams will sell.

Wenger said he looking to strength let's hope he get us the players that help us to improve
Universal comment before every Arsenal transfer window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Koulibaly is still the dream for me. Though now Van Dijk's gone for 75m, you'd have to think Koulibaly would be similar to that. Anyway, he wouldn't move in January.

tcahill

I'd like to hear from people who have watched him at length, as I haven't myself. His reputation is good, but to hear it from people who know him would be reassuring. From what I gather, he's a composed, intelligent defender?

I've watched him a few times, and I thought that his main attribute was his composure, he never looked worried on the ball. Was solid defending in both the air and on the ground.

Looks like the perfect partner for Mustafi in the long term tbh.

pikey2000

Universal comment before every Arsenal transfer window.

Yep, I took it very much as a case of us offloading more than any sort of incisive approach to incoming players, i'm fully expecting to see us end January with an even bigger profit in the two transfer windows this season.

Can see Walcott going, potentially Sanchez as well, have a gut feeling Jack will sign on and I believe Özil is happy but is waiting to see what we do to replace Alexis which would be fair enough.

I know we love to stick to a budget but there is such a lot riding on the next couple of windows i'd love for us to come out firing and get players in now, Liverpool have tied up VVD so he'll sign as soon as the window opens, we've known about the contract situations for at least 12 month's now and we still appear to be messing around courting players.

Get the players in now, live with a bloated wage bill for 6-12 month's, reduce the reliance on players that are coming out of contract.

Unfortunately had we been a bit more proactive in recent windows you could argue that the likes of Sanchez and co would have a bit more belief in our ability to challenge and may well have signed back on with us.....guess we will never know

zhaggy

I've watched him a few times, and I thought that his main attribute was his composure, he never looked worried on the ball. Was solid defending in both the air and on the ground.

Looks like the perfect partner for Mustafi in the long term tbh.

Like verthongen? Which i believe posess those qualities.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't see us selling Sanchez and Walcott.

I'll wait for Theo to move to Southampton next window if it meant Sanchez going to PSG. Though I think the opposite will happen, with Sanchez' shirt being light blue come next season.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
My feeling is we’ll go for a left footed Cb, and a forward who likes to score but plays from a wide/deeper position.
Wouldnt be surprised if forward is a lefty also, or at least likes to play from the right. Mahrez fits the bill

StefanB

Shift Alexis to PSG and buy Draxler as a replacement. Sell Walcott to Southampton and get Mahrez as a upgrade for a winger who's been sorely lacking on the right side.

Cech
Niles - Mustafi - Koscielny - Kolasinac
Xhaka - Wilshere
Mahrez - Özil - Draxler
Lacazette
Or if I could choose:

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Kolasinac
Niles - Wilshere
Mahrez - Özil - Draxler
Lacazette

trippyhippy

only possibility i see is if sanchez leaves which is looking more and more likely. guys like lemar draxler and mahrez are all quality and bring something different to the table compared to alexis but are all wide players who will make us a better team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been told we’ll sell Alexis to City and put the money towards a Lemar bid like dreadline day last summer window.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GK, CB x2, CM, RW, LW.

A good £300m spend we need to compete.

Lovely stuff.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Our club is so trash at selling players.

Southampton have money to spend. Yet we'll be happy to let Walcott leave on loan. We should just cut our ties and let him leave for 25M.

It looks like we're making the same mistake we were with rejecting a good offers for Gibbs & Chambers earlier in the window.

Lovely stuff.

FreakySami

Our club is so trash at selling players.

Southampton have money to spend. Yet we'll be happy to let Walcott leave on loan. We should just cut our ties and let him leave for 25M.

It looks like we're making the same mistake we were with rejecting a good offers for Gibbs & Chambers earlier in the window.

Lovely stuff.

What if the player didn't want to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom