• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
"We want to keep the squad stable over the summer while strengthening where possible,"

"You want the group to be stimulated and to believe that we have improved the quality. Maybe bring in three players for example. That is the right level for me."

"Stan Kroenke is completely behind the board and myself to invest as much money as we want. Of course it has to be in respect of a balanced budget."

"We have resources -- it's more the players that are difficult to find, because everybody has money in England, and everybody is after good players. And good players are not legion. You have to be shrewd, and a bit lucky as well."

Also...

"When you buy you want to buy top strikers,"

"[You do it] by finding the right person. We have targets, and hopefully we can do that."

'Tis time. :lol:

And for those who would like to indulge in memories...

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/wengers-transfer-targets-summer-2015.28324/

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
"Stan Kroenke is completely behind the board and myself to invest as much money as we want," Wenger told BBC Sport. "Of course it has to be in respect of a balanced budget.

And there's the Wenger rub. :lol: Bargain basement it is, then.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The thread we've all been waiting for. I'm setting up camp.

It's showtime.

i1Ygnmz.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Maybe getting three player for example? You guys said we were getting three players!! This is classic Wenger bullshitting!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
3 players have left, they played 50-ish games together

so unless we buy 3 players just to replace those that left we are NOT strengthening at all, that is just status quo

I say we need 3+3
3 to improve the starting XI
3 to balance the squad

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
3 players have left, they played 50-ish games together

so unless we buy 3 players just to replace those that left we are NOT strengthening at all, that is just status quo

I say we need 3+3
3 to improve the starting XI
3 to balance the squad

Rosicky and Arteta hardly kicked a ball this season and Elneny has pretty much replaced Flamini.

As for this summers dealings I think we will sign 3 starters (Xhaka/striker/centre back) and then a few squad players to replace the likes of Gibbs and Ospina who I think will both leave. Walcott will also be sold but he won't be replaced. Wilshere and Ramsey will play on the right and Iwobi has pretty much taken Walcott's place already.

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Hopefully this doesn't just turn into one massive catch all thread like last year.

They whole point of the transfer rumor section is to have threads on each link discussing that players transfer saga/arrival. Its far far more organized.

Having a thread turn into on big general chat for all Arsenal transfer, thus having to sort through 30+ pages per day to get any info, is extremely annoying.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Here's the media buzz regarding our supposed targets...

Granit Xhaka - I have it on good authority from his old man (A Mr Blud Blud Fam Xhaka) that this is almost, definitely maybe, could be done.

N'Golo Kante - The oracle Dean says we're interested. France football says Kante wants Arsenal. Has a release clause. Will resist temptation to bid £1 more than said clause.

Riyad Mahrez - Dean again says we're interested. Seems to be quite content where he is. Maybe.

Henrikh M'khitaryan - Cross, Wilson, Kike Marin and Memz Dogi have all linked us to this guy. Um...yeah...epic list...

Mauro Icardi - Apparently our back-up striker option. Has recently said he's staying at Inter. Prefers older women of the married variety.

Alvaro Morata - Said to be our number one striker target. Would have to be passed around from Juventus to Real like a cheap, drugged-up, low self-esteem hooker before he reached us. Speaking of which, Boobzilla reckons we should buy him.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Here's the media buzz regarding our supposed targets...

Granit Xhaka - I have it on good authority from his old man (A Mr Blud Blud Fam Xhaka) that this is almost, definitely maybe, could be done.

N'Golo Kante - The oracle Dean says we're interested. France football says Kante wants Arsenal. Has a release clause. Will resist temptation to bid £1 more than said clause.

Riyad Mahrez - Dean again says we're interested. Seems to be quite content where he is. Maybe.

Henrikh M'khitaryan - Cross, Wilson, Kike Marin and Memz Dogi have all linked us to this guy. Um...yeah...epic list...

Mauro Icardi - Apparently our back-up striker option. Has recently said he's staying at Inter. Prefers older women of the married variety.

Alvaro Morata - Said to be our number one striker target. Would have to be passed around from Juventus to Real like a cheap, drugged-up, low self-esteem hooker before he reached us. Speaking of which, Boobzilla reckons we should buy him.

Stay tuned...
Rob Holding seems to have decent backing as a signing as well, no?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Just hope whatever business is done before the Euros. Only takes a player to have a half decent showing and the price gets bumped up by 10 million or other clubs jump in and we hesitate again.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What? No Benzema? If he gets a jail sentence he'll be the bargain Wenger can't refuse.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom