• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't know why you're so pissed off, nothing is changing with Wenger here, save yourself the bother and just watch our games.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That is the entire problem!

If we had done adequate business in the summer, Elneny + the 2 Nigerian lads would have been a decent January window.

But now this window looks ****.

The January window is like a beverage, while the summer window is a nice meal. If the meal was good, the beverage is enough to wash it down. But if you didn't have anything to eat to begin with, the beverage won't help because WE ARE STILL HUNGRY AS FUK!

Sorry, can't give that a like, but your rant did make me laugh :lol:

TriniGunner

He had the entire summer to find the right players but as usual his ego and stubbornness got in the way.

No. Your post proves that football fans have ridiculously short memories. The synergy in the team at the end of last season was top notch and most of us agreed that adding too many players would have messed that up. Wenger obviously saw this as well. We could argue that he should have signed a backup for Coq last summer but the end of last season was one of the best I've seen us play in terms of overall team cohesion.

skip spence

Letting Debuchy go and not bringing in a replacement. Why am I ever surprised with this man. He just lets me down again and again.

I look forward to Bellerins inevitable injury derailing our season.
Wenger clearly feels that Chambers, with the desire to impress and to improve, is a better understudy to Bellerin than the deflated and disillusioned Debuchy. I can see the sense in that especially now with Elneny coming in at CM and Coq coming back, limiting Chamber's chances getting a game at DM/CM

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Amount of money floating around the PL is crazy. Some of these would be our highest fee after Özil and Alexis. Makes you wonder where the hell the clubs increased revenue and tv money is going.

Sweggeh

Wenger clearly feels that Chambers, with the desire to impress and to improve, is a better understudy to Bellerin than the deflated and disillusioned Debuchy. I can see the sense in that especially now with Elneny coming in at CM and Coq coming back, limiting Chamber's chances getting a game at DM/CM

I hope I am addressing for the last time, because people keep trying to make this excuse for Wenger and it just won't fly.

We have 4 defensive positions. We need at least 8 players to adequately cover those positions. Before today we had -

RB: Bellerin, Debuchy
CB: Kos, Mert, Gabriel, Chambers
LB: Monreal, Gibbs

Now we have let Debuchy go for no reason at all except he had his feelings hurt, and we are stuck with this.

RB: Bellerin, Chambers
CB: Kos, Mert, Gabriel
LB: Monreal, Gibbs

Yep, here we are again. 18 whole months after we made this mistake the first time, we are again left with only 3 CBs. Absolutely superb.

It will be hilarious when our CBs start going down and we have to see Flamini play full back.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We had a terrible summer but a good January. Saved gnabry from further weight gain, got an extra midfield body and can stop reading debuchy moaning.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No. Your post proves that football fans have ridiculously short memories. The synergy in the team at the end of last season was top notch and most of us agreed that adding too many players would have messed that up. Wenger obviously saw this as well. We could argue that he should have signed a backup for Coq last summer but the end of last season was one of the best I've seen us play in terms of overall team cohesion.
When the pressure was off...as usual.

I think synergy and cohesion are just words Wenger uses to avoid buying players. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom