• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets- Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

12TimeWinners

Benzema whilst a great player is a bit of an anus really though let's be honest. Cavani - meh, another Falcao waiting to happen I reckon.
How would you guys feel about getting Reus in playing teams off the park without a focal point.
Call me an optimist but I just get the feeling that this 'super CF' stuff might just be all smokescreen given that Wenger loves Marco, he's a good lad, and fits alongside Özil et al. perfectly. Also leaves the CF role open to Theo, Welbeck should they suddenly flourish......mmmmm

Godwin1

Very well-known
Wenger is a known admirer of Cavani given some of his comments in the past. Could literally be anyone though.

say yes

forum master baiter
Interesting interview.

Arsenal director Lord Harris has revealed that Arsène Wenger can break the club’s transfer record to sign a top centre-forward, with “anyone but Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi” outside of their reach.

“Money was tight when we moved to the Emirates but it’s a lot freer now,” the 72-year-old Carpetright owner told the Daily Mail. “We could go into the market and probably buy any player in the world, apart from half a dozen who are un-buyable. In the accounts, there’s over £200million in the bank. You could say to Arsène we’ve got no money and he wouldn’t worry, or you could give him £100m and he might not spend it. At the moment there are no plans to sign anyone, unless he finds a real superstar like Mesut Özil or Alexis Sánchez. He’s looking for one of those but there aren’t many available.

“We would back him to break the club’s transfer record. If he wanted the man, he could have him. Apart from Messi and Ronaldo, he could have any player. We will probably have to break the club record to get the man he wants.”

“We get a list of the players that Wenger wants,’ said Lord Harris. “On the list is a centre forward, but I’m not going to tell you who he is. You’ve got to get the other team to want to sell him, but I think he wants to come. It basically comes down to whether the other team can find a superstar to replace him, because they don’t have to sell.”

MrBump

It could be Aguero.

FFS, it could be anyone......
But it's great knowing we're only really doing deals with the big boys now.
What does still frustrate me though is, and in recent years he's slacked off, is AW not going that little bit just to secure it, early.

Alonso, Schwarzer, Suarez etc were all signings we held with 1 hand only for them to fall through.

This will be another Özil signing if one happens at all. I can imagine that it does take a protracted time to make one of these clubs willing to sell. Most of their players are stars and they need to replace. They need to make another club willing to sell and the pattern continues.

I don't think we'll see any action until last week of window.

But look, we have actual football to get excited about tmrw, then the next day, then community shield, then the season starts with a very stable and strong side who look pretty sharp ATM.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
1) Benzema (but his agent says he wants to stay)
2) Cavani (his agent has also said he wants to stay put)
3) Lewandowski (his agent...says a lot of things)

All three fit a) CF b) selling team don't need to sell c) selling team would probably like a superstar replacement. The only unknown is whether they want to come.

12TimeWinners

My money is on......Andy Carroll!

No seriously, heard all this stuff before from other board members, (Hillwood most recently).

I would put my dosh on Reus, which also happens to be my wish.

Either way, I hope the doubters are calmed by pieces like this. Stick with it our targets are first rate now, only the OilandGas clubs + RealBarcaBayern can compete.

This_is_The_Year

Benzema and cavani are the only two options really. Higuain isnt really a superstar and he got a buyout clause so we wouldnt have to persuade anyone if we really wanted him.

Cavani is a lot more versatile - last year he got played on both wings and as a CF scoring 31 goals - he would be able to work very well with Özil-Theo and Sanchez.

he is however pure end-product, wont make many assist or be a linkup/holdup striker.

in terms of mobility/versatility he is very similar to Suarez and di maria could very well be his superstar replacement since Cavani did play a lot on the LW

not sure his overall game is good enough though - and playing him with walcott isnt the most balanced attack

MrBump

It's not fckn Benzema. Why are so many people in love with this guy ?
Is it because he and AW are French ?
Benzema seems a bit spoilt/lazy to me. Doesn't seem football is his passion.

I'd rather go Lacazette, he's doing what Benzema did in France, probably better.
Younger, cheaper, less arrogant etc etc....

say yes

forum master baiter
It's not fckn Benzema. Why are so many people in love with this guy ?
Is it because he and AW are French ?
Benzema seems a bit spoilt/lazy to me. Doesn't seem football is his passion.

I'd rather go Lacazette, he's doing what Benzema did in France, probably better.
Younger, cheaper, less arrogant etc etc....

It's not Lacazette. He's not a superstar and wouldn't be hard to buy.

Literally doesn't fit the profile at all.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Oh Jaysus-why do we have another thread that will just wander into oblivion........It's getting out of hand man......all the same arguments will be rehashed here. Sheesh.

arsenalhumor

Thomas Mueller is my A choice. Reliable , intelligent, strong for his NT , educated on the wing ;-)

or griezmann /Reus

12TimeWinners

1) Benzema (but his agent says he wants to stay)
2) Cavani (his agent has also said he wants to stay put)
3) Lewandowski (his agent...says a lot of things)

All three fit a) CF b) selling team don't need to sell c) selling team would probably like a superstar replacement. The only unknown is whether they want to come.
Could just as easily be Ibra, Tevez, or Harry effing Kane though couldn't it?
Experience tells me the strict underlining of CF is the bluff.
Less we forget, Wenger rates ''versatility'' ''German winning mentality'', and above all ''top top kerwality'' with a ''high mental strenx'' and ''good professionalism''

.............it's Reus

This_is_Highbury

Oh Jaysus-why do we have another thread that will just wander into oblivion........It's getting out of hand man......all the same arguments will be rehashed here. Sheesh.

The last thread of this kind was based on information from a lying fool on twitter, this one is based on what one of our directors has said.

This_is_The_Year

Could just as easily be Ibra, Tevez, or Harry effing Kane though couldn't it?
Experience tells me the strict underlining of CF is the bluff.
Less we forget, Wenger rates ''versatility'' ''German winning mentality'', and above all ''top top kerwality'' with a ''high mental strenx'' and ''good professionalism''

.............it's Reus

the player wants to leave and yet Reus has just signed a new contract removing a very reasonable buy-out clause - dosnt make any sense at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom