• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets- Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This window makes me doubt if the last window ever happened. Did we actually get Sanchez, Chambers, Debuchy, Ospina and Welbeck all in one window??

Bould14

1st season i feel like we have absolutely zero excuse if we don't win the title. If we have made our usual business and failed, well then we could still have bring the fact that it's hard to compete with much richer clubs.

But when you talk about winning the league and when after that you take the deliberate decision to not strenghen the team because you think it's already exceptionnal, man then you really have to prove your point. That's really putting extreme pressure on himself and on the players.
I made the same point to Tim Stillman on Twitter asking him if he thought the same and should write about it. Told me it was very loaded question. So he won't.

I agree with you 100%.

Kanonier

CNz58vaWgAAqXwj.png

smashed-computer.gif

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should all agree that Giroud is WC and we don't need a new CF. We all know Wenger likes to do the opposite of the common opinion.

Balance is key

It's important to put the right amount of bacon in, I always go OTT, and it gets too much.

Balance is key.

Bacon is a little like Playmakers - you love them so much that you want to play them even on the wings - its important in every meal - but should never be the main cause

Balance is key

We should all agree that Giroud is WC and we don't need a new CF. We all know Wenger likes to do the opposite of the common opinion.

The Giroud chant - is it because people actually like him or because its the only one they all know and its catchy (hence why it it used by pretty much every team)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Even a lot of the big clubs don't base their transfer business solely on signing world class players from other big clubs. Who are we to insist on using this nonsense approach?

A lot of the current world class players were picked up from smaller clubs at reasonable fees and grew into top players. Douglas Costa at Bayern for example is a player who wasn't known as world class but he's been one of their best players so far and only cost £22M.

Signing a worldie or nothing is a poor strategy imo.

I predicted this earlier this summer. Got abused for it. Had one of the worst meltdown since I figured out that one day I would die.

Wilshere, Chamberlain, Giroud, Welbeck, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Sanchez, Özil, Arteta, Coquelin, Ramsey can all smile. They will have another season of learning, developing, making stupid mistakes. Next year is Wenger final year, everything building up for that season!

Balance is key

This window makes me doubt if the last window ever happened. Did we actually get Sanchez, Chambers, Debuchy, Ospina and Welbeck all in one window??

£90+ million to get in one player and 4 backups - maybe we shouldnt laugh so much at how other teams spend their money

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Poor Alexis, he was even that happy when we won the FA Cup last year. Wonder how he will feel next year May.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

£90+ million to get in one player and 4 backups - maybe we shouldnt laugh so much at how other teams spend their money
Never thought of it like that. You could argue that it was poor business.

Although...Debuchy is France's starting full back though, Ospina and Welbz are both full internationals as well. Chambers I'm not sure yet.

Bould14

Debuchy is on the bench because of Bellerin. Ospina has a good year, but is no Cech. Those two are down to bad luck because they got replaced in some way. Chambers, and Welbeck are squad type players. Sanchez only top signing.

I mean again from what I read Wenger wants proven international players....

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Debuchy is on the bench because of Bellerin. Ospina has a good year, but is no Cech. Those two are down to bad luck because they got replaced in some way. Chambers, and Welbeck are squad type players. Sanchez only top signing.

I mean again from what I read Wenger wants proven international players....

Lol, great avi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom