• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naby keita

If wenger is saying 2 more after Kolisinac then we are bit short, we need 3 after Kolisinac.
Schezny - Ospina out 8m profit - Strengthened
Chambers in Debuchy,Jenkinsson out 6m profit - Strengthened
Kolisinac in Gibbs out 8m profit - Strengthened
Wilshere, New signing*(Ideally Fabinho/Keita/Tolisso), Nkwakali, AMN - Coquelin,Elneny out 30m loss. Strengthened.
Dries Mertens, Chris Willock, R.Nelson in Perez,Walcott Out probably small profit - Strengthened
Giroud Out - Morata/Lukaku/Mpappe(yeah right)/PEA/Lacazette/Belotti/Dolberg. - Depends on who we get but we will probably be better overall. Will cost from 30-70m depends on who we get.

gk:Schezny/cech
defence:Ox/Bellerin-Holding/Mertesacker Koschielny/Chambers Mustafi/Gabriel Kolisinac/Monreal
cm:Fabinho/Ramsey/AMN/Nwakali
cm2:Xhaka/Wilshere/Cazorla
am1:Özil,Mertens,Willock,
am2:Sanchez,Mertens,Nelson
st: Morata,Sanchez,Welbeck

Krokur

What strikers are realistically available to sign? That's the main thing that troubles me. We're in desperate need for a top quality striker but there's not that many around.

Morata? Lukaku? Aubameyang? Belotti?

Can't think of any other standouts apart from those, unless you want to start going after people like Bas Dost. Man Utd and Chelsea are both going to sign strikers so we'll get the leftovers.

Icardi? Apparently reiterated his commitment to Inter a few days ago, though he could be open to a move with them finishing outside even a Europa League place - depends on if he's willing to stick around for their rebuild. Other than that, Lacazette could be an option if Atletico's transfer ban is upheld.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I want to see Wenger pull out all the stops this summer.

You've made over a billion dollars for kroenke. For once, stop caring about value and just blast some money. No one will give a **** if we spend 70m on lukaku and he turns out to be ****. This is going to be wengers last contract. Just do what it takes to get us playing like we used to

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Morata and Belotti would come, the other two probably not. Striker is a position we just need to throw money at and attract someone with £££££££. Keeping Alexis and Özil would also help. Those two leaving will make us an unattractive option.
Belotti has 100M euros release clause really difficult to see him coming. And About Morata really not convinced about him.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Looking at the current striker rumours, we get:

Lukaku > Chelsea (according to DiMarzio)

Lacazette > Atletico (Aulas says there's a verbal agreement if the transfer ban is overturned)

PEA > Milan (DiMarzio again; he also said the player's not interested in the Premier League. Is Milan's second choice behind Morata)

Griezmann > United (Dubious...)

Morata > Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan (Take your pick! No one seems to know)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd gladly take Morata at this stage even if I'm not entirely convinced by him, I mean he seems like he has a knack for scoring goals which is what we need to help Alexis as in our current setup he's the only really goalscorer who's a starter (assuming Giroud's days as a starter are numbered). Welbeck's never gonna be a prolific goalscorer and we all know the script with Theo. At least with Morata you know he's gonna put away chances in the box above all else.

SkyArsenal

Without the allure of the CL, I honestly wouldn´t be surprised to see something like this:

Szczesny
Danilo-Mustafi-Koscielny-Kolasinac
Ramsey-Xhaka
Mahrez-Calhanoglu-Iwobi
Giroud

What I would prefer:

Cech
Holding-Koscielny-Mustafi
Chamberlain-Tolisso-Xhaka-Kolasinac
Özil-Barkley
Morata

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Icardi is good shout but with inter new owners it will be difficult but we should give it a try. Or we go to talented young strikers like Timo Werner from Leipzig

GDeep™

League is very weak
What strikers are realistically available to sign? That's the main thing that troubles me. We're in desperate need for a top quality striker but there's not that many around.

Morata? Lukaku? Aubameyang? Belotti?

Can't think of any other standouts apart from those, unless you want to start going after people like Bas Dost. Man Utd and Chelsea are both going to sign strikers so we'll get the leftovers.

Maybe there is a striker out there who we might now know yet, that Wenger thinks can do the business.

Lukaku and PEA are 70-90M guys, no point even mentioning them. Though Lukaku would be on top of my list.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
#GetLukaku

This might be my campaign for the summer. Get Lukaku.

What do you think of the stat regarding Lukaku that if he hadn't scored any of his goals this season Everton would have finished 7th i.e. he doesn't score goals that get points, just puts icing on the cake.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Either it's Lukaku or some lad from the Swiss league called as Sunday Boateng.

I don't want Sunday Boateng, I want Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom