• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do you think of the stat regarding Lukaku that if he hadn't scored any of his goals this season Everton would have finished 7th i.e. he doesn't score goals that get points, just puts icing on the cake.
Didn't know about that, maybe compare to previous years and see if it's a one off or a trend.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems to be quite a few decent, attainable strikers around this summer. If we don't go for one of them this summer, I doubt we ever will.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We need a striker that can start and hit the ground running. I'd do a deal with Ajax for Dolberg with him staying next season on loan too.

Need a partner for Xhaka and there are a few options out there. First choice would Naby Keita and if there is a possibility of it happening we should go all the way to get him.

A winger should also be brought in. I think we should try for Bernardeschi. He fits in basically everywhere if needed and has a wand of a left foot. Fekir and Mahrez are options too.

A central defender is also needed in my opinion with a different profile to what we have. Someone with some size, strength, presence and leadership. Van Dijk or Jonathan Tah could be what we need. PL experience could come in handy.

We should sign Pickford and get rid of Martinez and Ospina. Loan him out for the season to Bournemouth or somewhere like that.

African Flair

If Milan are seriously in for Aubameyang I don't see why we can't be. They're in the Europa too. We have **** load of money as well.
Nah man Milan isn't. They are in couse nobody but Pogba wants the Europa League.

And Tbf Milan with a cash flow once again should be a exiting project to join for a lot of ballers that enjoys life. Probably more so than Arsenal today.

Last edited:

every little thing

despite the return of wilshere and szczesny, we need a right winger, striker and central midfielder. 3 more signing needed and wenger gonna do two. wengerout

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
If Milan are seriously in for Aubameyang I don't see why we can't be. They're in the Europa too. We have **** load of money as well.

PEA's an ex-Milan player, hence the belief that they can lure him back. He wants 12m a year which is a sticking point. Anyhow, yesterday he said his future will be decided next week (in an interview he apparently gave in Italian and not his usual French. Subtle).

4R5Emaniac

Nah man Milan isn't. They are in couse nobody but Pogba wants the Europa League.

And Tbf Milan with a cash flow once again should be a exiting project to join for a lot of ballers that enjoys life. Probably more so than Arsenal today.
Sorry I didn't get the first line. Milan is an exciting project I agree. I'm going to follow them keenly but I'd say we'd be a bigger draw if we actually went for it. That is where the real problem is.

Imagine PEA and say Mahrez coming in for attack along with a good partner for Xhaka. That'd be a game changer in terms of the prospects of the club. We got a left back for free and probably need another CB. Cover up some of the expenses by sales.

African Flair

Sorry I didn't get the first line. Milan is an exciting project I agree. I'm going to follow them keenly but I'd say we'd be a bigger draw if we actually went for it. That is where the real problem is.

Imagine PEA and say Mahrez coming in for attack along with a good partner for Xhaka. That'd be a game changer in terms of the prospects of the club. We got a left back for free and probably need another CB. Cover up some of the expenses by sales.
First line was about that both of the big Milano clubs missed out on the EL.

Maybe you are right. A top, top striker would do a lot of sweat things here. I'm just not optimistic enough Wenger can lure one over anymore. Been obvious that what's needed for five years now.

4R5Emaniac

PEA's an ex-Milan player, hence the belief that they can lure him back. He wants 12m a year which is a sticking point. Anyhow, yesterday he said his future will be decided next week (in an interview he apparently gave in Italian and not his usual French. Subtle).
Yeah, I'm aware he is ex Milan. Of course they can sell him the project but its ridiculous we're not even in for him. He could be a game changing coup.

Instead we will bring out a list,dither a little while over nothing details and ....

Arsène: "Hello, we would little bit like to sign PEA."
BvB: "We don't sell players in quarters. Buy all of him or p*ss off"
Arsène: "Okay, bye"

Arsène: "Hello, we are interested in signing Lacazette."
Lyon: "He wants Atleti and they are paying us X and him Y."
Arsène: "We will pay -3x+1pound and -5y"

Arsène: "Hey, its Arsène. I like Mbappe very much"
Monaco: "Good for you. Google his pictures"

Arsène: "Hi, its Arsène..."
Everton: "Congratulations"

BREAKING NEWS!!! Arsenal sign Defoe for 20m!

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Yeah, I'm aware he is ex Milan. Of course they can sell him the project but its ridiculous we're not even in for him. He could be a game changing coup.

Instead we will bring out a list,dither a little while over nothing details and ....

Arséne: "Hello, we would little bit like to sign PEA."
BvB: "We don't sell players in quarters. Buy all of him or p*ss off"
Arséne: "Okay, bye"

Arséne: "Hello, we are interested in signing Lacazette."
Lyon: "He wants Atleti and they are paying us X and him Y."
Arséne: "We will pay -3x+1pound and -5y"

Arséne: "Hey, its Arséne. I like Mbappe very much"
Monaco: "Good for you. Google his pictures"

Arséne: "Hi, its Arséne..."
Everton: "Congratulations"

BREAKING NEWS!!! Arsenal sign Defoe for 20m!

Well, there's no indication we're not in for him.

Or in for Messi, for that matter.

blaise

Dont think we ll see a lot moving here. I am not even sure Gibbs will leave. Wenger could see Monreal as a centreback in this formation.

Midfield is also dependent if we can shift one or two players. Coq and Wilshere are probably the ones we ll try to shift. If we cant there wont be new players coming in.

Attack is probably where most rumours will come. If Alexis leaves we ll buy a replacement, just probably not as good as Alexis.
New attacker is probably dependent if we can ship Giroud out, othervise if we cant we wont spend big. I think we are looking for a striker similar to Welbeck in attributes for our new formation, not even necessarily with better technique or finishing, Wenger is always convinced he can shape that in a player. I d suspect we ll go to Germany to try and find our striker. Just for PEA we ll have to break the bank to lure him. I d say that is more probable if Alexis leaves because we need a big name in for marketing purposes then. I am not afraid of Milan, they are out of their depth there, they have same chances as we with Mbappe. But City could be in for him if they are selling Aguero.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not this thread again...

I reckon it won't be as large as last years. We had hope (and the CL) last year.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Szczesny and Kolasinac are hopefully done so we don't have to bother with these positions, but we still need to get a lot done after that:

A centre back: With Koscielny aging, and his injuries and 3 players at the back, we need another option there. Holding and Chambers as cover up and Mertesacker/Gabriel sold/released.

A centre midfielder: None of our options can be trusted to take care of this position consistently. Wilshere sold for sure and one of Cazorla/Ramsey with Oxlade-Chamberlain playing there more often.

A striker: This has been a necessity since van Persie, I don't believe there is need for explanation. With Walcott being sold if necessary.

However if Alexis/Özil leave they obviously need replacing too and top players at that. Can't allow to fall back after apparently making a step up as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom