• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We are not winning the league next year. Not a chance. Has there ever been a team in Europa league that wins one of a major league in recent years?

I say we buy some young talents. Try to swoop them early. Offer them a chance as a starting players in young developing team in the best league in the world.

Sign that Djolberg kid from Ajax and some two other talented midfielders. I'd also focus on our academy. We have interesting players there who could surprise a few if they were about to be given chance.

Then pray we somehow get top4 or win Europa league next season!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, would hate to keep the status quo/go for the middle ground.

Either we go big (heh, as if) or try and go the young and promising talent route. We sort of have a chance to rebuild now, with no actual expectations to go for the league. Maybe a good idea to take it.

El Duderino

15 league goals this past season. 1 goal every 116 minutes played. Defo some value there on a free transfer.

Went over to the stat sites, since I wanted to confirmed this, but 4 of his goals (3 in the league I think) were from penalties.

It was like when he got similar numbers at Milan, albeit with fewer penalties.

Of course there also the opposition he played and how well he did at matches (whoscored has 3 MOTM awarded to him), but he doesn't inspire me with confidence and an alternative to Welbz or Giroud atm.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Buy a whole lot of young up an coming players with hunger. Keep sanchez and holding and were good

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
We're not getting Balotelli.

We need to find the Rob Holding of strikers. Dolberg's a good shout, but he has said he wants to stay another year.

Not that a footballer's word is his bond or anything...

Gooner006

Anyone seen much of Celtic's Moussa Dembele? Crazy goal record, but more interested in his all-around ability

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's comments about needing 1-2 are petrifying, I'd rather be bold and go for a strategy of bringing in a sizeable crop of young players willing to play Europa league, instead of toiling (and failing) to get big name players who won't.

DF: Szczesny, Chambers, Gibson, Kolasinac

MF: Fornals, Golovin, Torreira, Harit

FW: Mbappe, Dolberg, Lemar/Zaha/Onyekuru

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's comments about needing 1-2 are petrifying, I'd rather be bold and go for a strategy of bringing in a sizeable crop of young players willing to play Europa league, instead of toiling (and failing) to get big name players who won't.

DF: Szczesny, Chambers, Gibson, Kolasinac

MF: Fornals, Golovin, Torreira, Harit

FW: Mbappe, Dolberg, Lemar/Zaha/Onyekuru

Mbappe obviously immensely difficult, but Jesus, I just want to see some different faces!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dolberg is too young and too raw, you still need a new starting striker if you sign him.

Dolberg needs 3 years of development in a top league.

El Duderino

Dolberg is too young and too raw, you still need a new starting striker if you sign him.

Was watching a compilation of him and the state of the defending in the Dutch league makes Arsenal look like we have an all italian defensive line.

And we can afford to give him that given that we are not winning the league anytime soon. Europa league next season. Top4 season after. Then title challenge. And that is if all goes to plan.

Even you must be tired now waiting for that ready made striker that isn't out there. At least not for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger hasn't got time, he needs a striker and will sign a new 2 year deal, he doesn't have the time to develop a baby like Dolberg.

Malky

Established Member
Anyone seen much of Celtic's Moussa Dembele? Crazy goal record, but more interested in his all-around ability
Dembele is someone we should defiantly be looking at. He's Welbeck with talent.
We could play him as CF or as a wide option and I think he'll push on here playing alongside guys like Sanchez and Özil. I would of wanted us to sign him even if we got Champions League football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we were interested on Dembele when he was at Fulham before signing for Cletic Sp**s comes close to sign him too. we should seriously consider signing him. he seem not only good finisher but has the pace and the movement to be top striker in future.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The trouble with Dembele is Celtic will ask for quite a lot and you can only really judge him on what he has done in a very very bad league. If it was £10-£15m then fine but it will probably be double than that. It will be a big gamble.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Everyone seems to agree - striker, midfielder to partner xhaka, and lb (with kolabear seemingly wrapped up).

I'd add the need to sign youngsters on the verge of stardom, around 15-30 mil, dembeles, the mbappes, the gabriel jesuses, the delle allis, I guess we haven't done all that bad with bellerin and holding, but offensive, especially striking, positions have not had success.

I'd just throw money at Benzema. We could do so much worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom