• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The trouble with Dembele is Celtic will ask for quite a lot and you can only really judge him on what he has done in a very very bad league. If it was £10-£15m then fine but it will probably be double than that. It will be a big gamble.
Celtic will ask between 20-30M Dembele is not yet a 30M+ players.

AeNwT

Was watching a compilation of him and the state of the defending in the Dutch league makes Arsenal look like we have an all italian defensive line.
I was thinking Am I the only one who noticed this. Personally I'd finally like to see a striker from our academy breakthrough. Mavidid is the most promising physically and would be good to see him in Europa. Not too much pressure/competent opponents. Let Giroud walk and bring a younger better equipped striker in ?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Everyone seems to agree - striker, midfielder to partner xhaka, and lb (with kolabear seemingly wrapped up).

I'd add the need to sign youngsters on the verge of stardom, around 15-30 mil, dembeles, the mbappes, the gabriel jesuses, the delle allis, I guess we haven't done all that bad with bellerin and holding, but offensive, especially striking, positions have not had success.

I'd just throw money at Benzema. We could do so much worse

Yeah, agreed. Would actually take a punt on Dembele, mind. Shame Mavividi got injured the way he did.

Get someone top class, keep one of Giroud, Welbeck, Perez. Sell Walcott if we don't even if we don't get a proper right winger, specially with we're going with 3 at the back.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Everyone seems to agree - striker, midfielder to partner xhaka, and lb (with kolabear seemingly wrapped up).

I'd add the need to sign youngsters on the verge of stardom, around 15-30 mil, dembeles, the mbappes, the gabriel jesuses, the delle allis, I guess we haven't done all that bad with bellerin and holding, but offensive, especially striking, positions have not had success.

I'd just throw money at Benzema. We could do so much worse
Some potent youngsters to add to the ones we already have coming through the ranks would be great, agree.

Can't really make up my mind about Benzema, however. But then he does something like the dribbles on the goal line against Atl. Madrid in the semi's. That was some serious Michael Laudrup la Croqueta ****.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
No matter who we sign for CF he needs to replace Giroud as starter. Even if he is 19 imo. Don't care. Giroud is not the long term solution, nor is he short term. He has to either become backup or sold.

So, you want to spend big on Dolberg and loan him out? So while he's out on loan do you want to spend big again on another striker that we currently require or do we stick with Giroud?

It would be madness to spend insane money on Dolberg and send him back. It rarely happens too.

We should buy him anyway because Wenger is most probably not going to sell Giroud or Welbeck so the safety net will be there.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I voted four. We need a top class CF and a top class winger. On top of that I think we'll need left side full back/wing back and one CM who can also fill in at AM when Özil is out. At the same time we should get rid of Walcott, Ramsey, Gibbs and Welbz or Giroud. Wouldn't mind cashing in on Ox either since he is massively over rated still despite his non-existent productivity. However I quite liked him as a wing back so if we still continue with the three center backs, he could be useful.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
So, you want to spend big on Dolberg and loan him out? So while he's out on loan do you want to spend big again on another striker that we currently require or do we stick with Giroud?
Trouble is our options are limited of who we could get in terms hitting the ground running or if we'll get another stop gap striker. Personally think its unlikely Giroud is getting sold and Alexis can play permanently at CF if it came down to it while we replace Welbeck with Dolberg. Loaning him out after spending big may not be the best idea but if it came down to it to convince him to move taking all of it into consideration, I'm all for it.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Griezmann in Utd's sights. Lukaku still linked with Chelsea.

Are we going to get a free run on Morata...?
Don't mind entertaining the idea of Morata but for what he'll cost he's very much likely to be an improved version of Welbeck and not even score as many as Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom