• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wesley Sneijder

InWengerWeTrust

Wesley Sneijder has signalled his intention to remain with Real Madrid, amid suggestions he could be a target for Arsenal.

The capture of Kaka and imminent arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo have cast doubt on the futures of a number of players at Real, Sneijder among them.

The Holland international midfielder was a key player for Real a couple of seasons ago, but a knee injury picked up in the summer of 2008 set his career back.

He failed to nail down a regular start once returning from injury and with new faces heading to the Bernabeu, it is being claimed he is surplus to requirements.

Arsène Wenger is reported to be monitoring the situation, but Sneijder’s agent claims the midfielder wants to fight for his future at Real.

”Wesley has told me that he wants to stay at Real next year,” Soren Lerby told Volkskrant. ”He says it does not matter who they buy, he wants to stay.

”I have heard nothing from the club.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/13/Liga-Sneijder-wants-Real-stay/gnid-56844/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Foo ... nid-56844/</a>

He has the same agent as Vermaelen, possibly a double deal? I think he's quality and its not often that a player of his quality could be available. Despite his intention to stay if Madrid make it clear he is not in their plans and his first team place is lost im sure he would move.

How much do you guys rate him and what fee do you think Madrid will sell for - surely they need to get some income in.

Viking

He'll be very expensive, but could be a nice addition to the first team. I'd rather we focus on some of the more pressing areas though (central midfield and defence).

Anzac

Established Member
Isn't this deja-vu re Yaya at Barca last summer?

If we can spend a season on Bischoff then we'll take Sneijder if the price was right. He's probably worth more than 10m but I wouldn't pay more for him.

JazzG

Established Member
Unless we plan on selling Fabregas this deal won't make much sense and I'm not so sure R.Madrid will sell him unless they get a replacement in.

Paddy from Sweden

I find it kind a weird that just because Real Madrid buys some world class midfielders they're gonna sell the ones they have. Yes Perez has said that some players will be sold but quality ones like Sneijder and Robben? I don't think that is very possible. Despite buying Kaka and Ronaldo they still need a squad.

Proof

Established Member
Can you imagine how our attacking midfield could look: Sneijder, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott and Fabregas. :shock:

Anyway, I don't think it will happen. I don't want to see us linked with creative midfielders, until we buy that commanding CB and that strong-limbed DM.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
I find it kind a weird that just because Real Madrid buys some world class midfielders they're gonna sell the ones they have. Yes Perez has said that some players will be sold but quality ones like Sneijder and Robben? I don't think that is very possible. Despite buying Kaka and Ronaldo they still need a squad.

Yeah, not every team in the world thinks it has to sell players to buy players.

Jameel46

Established Member
I swear to god I was just thinking about this yesterday, if we sell VP we should go after him and stick him on the wing with Arshavin playing off Ade but like many I can't see this happening.

Jameel46

Established Member
proof_afc said:
Can you imagine how our attacking midfield could look: Sneijder, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott and Fabregas. :shock:

Anyway, I don't think it will happen. I don't want to see us linked with creative midfielders, until we buy that commanding CB and that strong-limbed DM.

Think there were rumours that players like Sneijder, VdV, M. Diarra wanted to leave. And Robben didn't feel it was fair that most of the blame was going on him when they weren't doing brilliantly and were knocked out by Liverpool.

otfgoon

Established Member
I would cream myself if this was true, sadly I doubt it is unless its with the sale of Ade in mind.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
His agent says that Sneijder does not wanna move to Arsenal (or anywhere else) and therefore we're linked with him? Strange thread.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He isn't suited to the wings at all. Maybe we could get rid of a striker and buy him to play 4-5-1 forever...

Maybe not ;)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Clrnc said:
He isn't suited to the wings at all. Maybe we could get rid of a striker and buy him to play 4-5-1 forever...

Maybe not ;)

The nicest thing of all is that none of our midfielders are wingers.
He will be a quality adding.but first we need a defender and a defensive.

lee1001

Established Member
Sneijder is a great player. I would love to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

With all the big transfers this summer there should be lots of players surplus to requirements. Wenger is probably loving it. While all the headlines are elsewhere he can sneak under the radar and grab some good players for reasonable prices.

Top Bottom