• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wesley Sneijder

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
hmmm think you guys should read the transfer blog on setanta.com for friday. The guy doing it wanted to spoof this exact rumour to see if it gets into the papers.....this is a palacios style rumour :eek:

ibby

Established Member
godfather said:
No, it's Sneijder. that was in his inteview a while ago
Are you sure? Because I'm sure van Persie was quoted last summer on Arsenal.com how Sneijder was Arsenal quality etc.

Proof

Established Member
It's Sneijder

Van Persie angry at Sneijder Euro claims

Robin van Persie has accused Holland team-mate Wesley Sneijder of lacking "class" for making public their disagreement over a free-kick at Euro 2008.
The Real Madrid man insisted it had already been agreed that he would be the one to take it.

But Van Persie told AD Sportwereld: "When you want to invite an international colleague, you do that by phone and then you can speak.

"If Wesley had called me he would have been welcome. We could have had a fine talk. But I am amazed about the way Wesley handled it now.

"What is the use of such a talk if before it you tell the media and the audience what your problem is?

"I had expected more class and personality from him. Real personalities don't need a magazine or newspaper to make their point clear."

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=577879&&cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 9&&cc=3888</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LucasNL

Sneijder's a bit of a **** really. Decent player but I hate his attitude. We don't need him and I think Real want to keep him. They might have bought Ronaldo and Kaka but you don't win the league with two players.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/12/LIVE-transfer-blog---June-12/gnid-56709/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-56709/</a>

Tom I think this phoney transfer rumour is a great idea, but considering all the nonsense rumours already flying around, something like Sneijder to Arsenal will not catch as much attention. Might I suggest something like Sneijder to Man City? It would seem a lot more plausible than him joining Arsenal. It would also be nice if you posted a fake article about this on the site, if that doesn't jeopadise (pardon the spelling) your job :) Kiko

10.15: Excellent, I'm liking the enthusiasm from you guys! Henri Lansbury, if that is really you then start telling the other guys at Arsenal it is happening! Up the Gunners, it's all very well telling me, I'm sold, but we need to start spreading this around! Tell your friends...

TOM, i just read a snippet in the spanish press. It says Wesley Sneijder to join Arsenal, hallelujah! I can't wait to see im in action.Up the Gunners

10.07: Now listen up, people. I have a crazy idea that I think you all may like... I'm proposing that we exert the considerable influence that we wield on this page to completely make up a rumour, spread it around other websites via forums and blogs and the like, and hopefully see it pop up in a newspaper over the coming days (they are notoriously bad at picking up random stories like that).

Who is in? I'm thinking we start a 'Wesley Sneijder to join Arsenal' rumour. It makes sense with Kaka and Ronaldo arriving at Real, to a certain extent anyway!

Vive la Revolution! Join me comrades by spreading this rumour around on every other unsuspecting website!

kamikaze80

Established Member
he has a lousy attitude, is selfish and would never defend if he were put on the wing. absolutely don't want him here. he's talented but he's not a good player.

irish, how many times is the media gonna fall for these fake rumours?

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Christ alone knows...but the irony of a Setanta blogger wanting to set up a dumb rumour and hope it spreads to the mainstream...only for Setanta to start reporting it as a 'story' is slightly amusing

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't see us signing him. There's something in his game makes me feel he won't fit in Arsenal's style. Attacking-wise Ashavin is already doing a good job and Nasri will become more consistant next season. I don't think getting Sneijder will improve the team alot unless the Dutch can run past people like Ribery.

AFCG7

Established Member
He does get those shots off though doesnt he? Great striker of the ball but he isnt needed at Arsenal unless we plan to sell Diaby and Rosicky disappears for another season.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

If Madrid get Ribery and reports claim they could still be interested then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sneijder move. I think personally that he is a quality player and would improve us no doubt. He will also give us a great option on set pieces. Would love to see it happen but I doubt it.

Just imagine this midfield for a minute:

Sniejder--------Arshavin--------Nasri
---------Fabregas-Toulalan---------

That to me that looks as good a midfield as any in World football. To think that we are only two players short of such a midfield is quite scary. It frustrates me that we are within touching distance of a genuinely good team but we can't quite get there.

I know it's childish posting dream line-ups but I just had to :eek:ops:

Asterix

Established Member
hang on, we all agree this is probably made up, yet you're all still discussing the merits of the "transfer"? I think you guys need to get out more!!

Anzac

Established Member
Asterix said:
hang on, we all agree this is probably made up, yet you're all still discussing the merits of the "transfer"? I think you guys need to get out more!!

LOL - just shows both the lack of news re our summer transfers & the desperate wanting to be linked to an established quality player........

Gurgen

Established Member
As I said in the Sneijder/VdVaart thread in football talk, I don't rate this guy at all. He's got a decent pass, a good shot but that's pretty much it. And he's also a massive **** with a huge ego. Don't want him anywhere near Arsenal.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yeah, which team could possibly benefit from an offensive player who can pass the ball well and shoot with accuracy?

Sneijder has generally been Real's best player since he signed for them. Just ask the Madrid fans and they'll tell you how highly he's rated over there.

LucasNL

He's been rather poor this season, but that's mostly because of injuries and perhaps expectations were a bit too high after his first season.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Gurgen said:
As I said in the Sneijder/VdVaart thread in football talk, I don't rate this guy at all. He's got a decent pass, a good shot but that's pretty much it. And he's also a massive c**t with a huge ego. Don't want him anywhere near Arsenal.
ditto.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think he's a pretty brilliant all round midfielder and has actually proved himself in la liga to some extent. No doubt that there would be a host of clubs interested if he were to become available. if Madrid can't lure Alonso to the Bernabeau then they really should keep Sneijder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom