• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

| West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal | 15:00 19 March 2011 |

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
To be fair, his loan move(s) didn't exactly go to plan due to the weather.

I really wouldn't too aggrieved at how he's being eased back in after such a long lay off. I'd rather it was taken slowly, even if those he is looking to replace have been awful of late.

It always seems to our lot that an a player returning from injury coincides with another going the opposite way.

Y va marquer

Established Member
I understand that Shaun, but why have him on the bench at all if you're not going to use him?
Particularly if you're substituting MF players (as in the Sunderland game).

CandysRoom

Established Member
thegame24 said:
4 3 3 means denilson or poor form diaby plays.

go 4 4 2 and attack.
Agree with this. At least when we play 4-4-2, the game opens in such a way that the tempo is raised. We may have less of the ball but the chances created should be more dangerous than tippy tappy passing allowing ten defenders of theirs to sit in the box.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Right, here's what i want to see against WBA.

------------Almunia

Sagna-Squillaci-Koscielny-Clichy

Nasri-Den/Ramsey-Wilshere-Arsh/Rosicky

---------------------RVP

-----------Chamakh/Bendy

Don't see why we don't give it a go from the off. Let's try and attack and score goals. I'd rather see Ramsey than Denilson, but if there are concerns with his stamina, why not introduce him at half time?

yuvken

Established Member
Ramsey has played enough games in 2011. What AntG says about easing players back, and and Shaun about the boss monitoring is all very well (and I accept these are the important criterions here). But I was wondering for a long while if I'm simply impatient, or this was dragged too long. I didn't see anything after his introduction that suggested he was fit enough to lead Cardiff, but was not yet ready for the PL. I still think he should have started already last week, and perhaps by now his partnership with Jack would have been obvious.
As long as Cesc is out, this is a no brainer. Would be interesting later, when Cesc and Song are back, to see how we shuffle it. I can see Ramsey slot in for each one of the other three in principle, and I'm really looking forward to see what Jack-Ramsey-cesc playing together for a few games might bring.

Excuse the stupid question, but I take it for granted Vela can't play this, right?

CandysRoom

Established Member
I'd have thought Vela would be ineligible for this unless Wenger ok's as he did with Watt at Leeds. Considering the stakes, i'd guess we won't see him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Dunno about that yuvken since Wenger usually okays player out on loan to play against us .

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
From the official West Brom site:
Premier League loans operate from transfer window to transfer window which means Arsenal will not be able to recall Vela. The player is also not eligible to face his parent club.
Link.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Good.

Is Song back for this? Like I said in my thread, I would prefer to play Song at CB and have a Ramsey-Wilshere platform behind the CAM (I would prefer Ashavin there, but I think we'll play Diaby)

squallkid

Established Member
I want 11 Gunners on that pitch willing to do anything for the club, all of them are Arsenal players but some of them don't seem to be gunners in the Henry, Vieira, Adams, Pires or Gilberto who had the right attitude and did all they could for the club.

Wenger should just say to all of them "If you not one of us then you can just leave, we don't need anyone who has their eyes elsewhere or is planning on using as a stepping stone to another club, we need nothing less than 100% dedication"

If we continue to lose then we can't continue to lose with the same people

--------Almunia----

Sagna-Squillaci-Koscielny-Clichy

-------Wilshere-Song(If he recovers)-----

Nasri-----Ramsey----Arshavin

--------Van Persie------

That's who I want to see step onto the pitch come Saturday but whoever Wenger picks had better give 100% on that pitch and come back with a win. I'm hoping against hope that we won't totally collapse here but I don't know how long I can be optimistic.

fabo

6.51 / 10
A(nother) rousing speech from Squallkid..........:lol:

Don't think we'll see a renewed fighting spirit in this one, we'll play our natural game and it may or may not work. Will surely be a struggle though if Cesc is out.

blaze_of_glory

If Cesc is out then we need to have Ramsey in his place. Rosicky and Diaby have both had their chances to fill in for Cesc this season and both have been found wanting.

So we either go with something new, which may or may not work, or we go with something that has been proven not to work. Doesn't seem like a hard choice for me.

Humble Rex

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
To be fair, his loan move(s) didn't exactly go to plan due to the weather.

I really wouldn't too aggrieved at how he's being eased back in after such a long lay off. I'd rather it was taken slowly, even if those he is looking to replace have been awful of late.

It always seems to our lot that an a player returning from injury coincides with another going the opposite way.

Didn´t seem to be bad for Valencia to get thrown in for a half straight from a leg break? The game was pretty much done and dusted at that point, so it wasn´t really a gamble on Fungus´s part, but still.

Ramsey has played plenty of games for Cardiff and Denilson and Diaby has been/are absolutely horrible. Thought Wenger was a coward for not starting him against Man U, but now he really HAS to get the nod ahead of the clowns IMO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Agree. ^^

If a player's fit to turn out in the thud and blunder of the championship, then he's as ready as ready is.

Start playing him Wenger FFS.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I don't give a crap about Valencia and what ManU do. Not to mention his injury was no way near as serious.

squallkid

Established Member
Wenger didn't play him up until yesterday and there's nothing we can do about it now but I also want to see him start but I'm not the manager and I know nothing in depth about Ramsey's physical condition so if Wenger wants to keep him on the bench then so be it, Arsène is the manager and he knows best

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ramsey's had no complications at all and his rehab couldn't have gone any smoother. If Ramsey's not ready carry on from where he left off before his injury then somethings wrong that we don't know about... It's been over a year now.

Come to think of it, and with the bullshit we're being drip fed regarding Vermaelen, it wouldn't surprise me,

Humble Rex

Established Member
Ramsey is back though, has played several games for Cardiff, the competition is crap in D & D. and squallkid, your last post

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

squallkid

Established Member
I said I want him to play too but if Wenger doesn't want to start him then that is that, it means he isn't ready yet in Wenger's eyes to start a premier league game, he's the manager and we have to respect his decisions.

We'll see what happens against West Brom

Latest posts

Top Bottom