• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

| West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal | 15:00 19 March 2011 |

entropy13

Established Member
Bossa said:
entropy13 said:
fabo said:
Koscielny and Squillaci wouldn't get a game for Sp**s, that's pretty telling.

They would. Neither of them is named Ledley King or Johnathan Woodgate. :lol:

Gallas and Dawson are better, it hurts but its the truth.

I wish we kept Gallas instead of signing Squillaci.

Dawson better? How? Also, isn't Kaboul Gallas' partner and not Dawson?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DanDare said:
AnthonyG said:
It can help, but it's not necessary. I'd be very happy with a Kos/Vermaelen partnership.
I don't think you have seen enough of them together to make that statement.
Call it a hunch ...

(And, FWIW, it's not the 'making' of the statement that is (or should be) in any way objectionable, but proceeding from a similar statement to claim something as veridical, which, of course, I did not. Not sure how anyone manages to buy anyone in the transfer market ...).

GaelForce22

Established Member
TheCMT said:
http://www.capelloindex.com/en/infopage.aspx?id=%28how_it_works%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found it quite interesting
I give you, the Premiership's top ten players this season:

1 - Kuyt Dirk
2 - Chamakh Marouane
3 - Defoe Jermaine
4 - Lampard Frank
5 - Modric Luka
6 - Puncheon Jason
7 - Doyle Kevin
8 - Cahill Gary
9 - Morrison James
10 - Silva David

Godsend_Gooner

Robin has surprisingly good heading ability on him. Wouldn't be surprised if we use the crossing route as often as we did in this game.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AnthonyG said:
DanDare said:
AnthonyG said:
It can help, but it's not necessary. I'd be very happy with a Kos/Vermaelen partnership.
I don't think you have seen enough of them together to make that statement.
Call it a hunch ...

(And, FWIW, it's not the 'making' of the statement that is (or should be) in any way objectionable, but proceeding from a similar statement to claim something as veridical, which, of course, I did not. Not sure how anyone manages to buy anyone in the transfer market ...).

No I understand you didn't say it would be the best partnership.

I think Vermaelen and Djourou would be best simply because I think they are the two best defenders we have. Simplistic perhaps.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DanDare said:
I think Vermaelen and Djourou would be best simply because I think they are the two best defenders we have. Simplistic perhaps.
I truly hope we get to find out next season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maybe this summer is the summer...

Nah.

Kain

Established Member
Godsend_Gooner said:
Robin has surprisingly good heading ability on him. Wouldn't be surprised if we use the crossing route as often as we did in this game.

He's good in the air, his timing is really quite underrated yet we often find him as the only target attacking the ball in the box. It's really rare to see the opposite wingers to the side the cross originated busting their lungs to get on the end of it, let alone the fact our delivery is not the best with consistent failure to beat the first man with the cross.

To me our crossings seems more forced then a valued attempt thanks to lack of movement, how we love to make the easy pass when we’ve given the opposition time to get back in numbers the ball finds its way out wide, slowly assess the situation, then one of the wingbacks is asked to pick out our one or two target amongst six to seven defending opposition players in their box.

Top Bottom