• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
young ✅
ambitious ✅
knows the league ✅
West Ham legend ✅
4099002.jpg

He did call Mark Noble the best captain he ever played with...

Get him in!

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Moyes almost relegated us last season bro? The Conference League papered over a horrendous league campaign. We almost got relegated playing Moyes brand of garbage football.

As I said, we're the 8th biggest club in the UK. We are spending decent money on both transfers and wages and are making ambitious moves behind the scenes in terms of recruitment etc.

I'm so ****ing tired of us parking the bus against relegation teams because Moyes only plays one way. Watching us put 11 men behind the ball against teams like Sheffield Utd is genuinely painful to watch. Look at this statline from earlier in the season against Sheffield:

TOAXujA.png

Now imagine having to watch that every single week.

Said countless times that Moyes can get results but people keep misconstruing me saying I want us to play better football with "Moyes should be getting better results". I simply want to be entertained by the team I watch every week, I want to get excited about signings because we'll utilize them and not just bypass the midfield because we're booting in long again down the flanks.

As I said, I'd rather bounce between European spots and 13th in the league playing ambitious entertaining football that finish 7th/8th every season playing the way we do now.
Completely understandable.

I feel that he overachieved last season (yes, even when he fought relegation) He delivered an international trophy.

And yes, you do deserve to enjoy watching good football, Is this the most popular position among the fans? is the "high risk, high reward" convo even happening between all of you? or there is a consensus within fans that its time to take a chance?

Thank you for replying BTW for one thing or the next I watched a lot of West Ham this season and I was impressed with Moyes. Yes, you guys play ugly, but you lost Rice and then Antonio got injured, and I felt he coped with a lot of dignity + he discovered an entirely new dimension on Bowen, allowing him to develop into something that can attract big clubs. He is the player from your squad who can create the most amount of money for you guys if sold intelligently.

But again. Completely see your point.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
And yes, you do deserve to enjoy watching good football, Is this the most popular position among the fans? is the "high risk, high reward" convo even happening between all of you? or there is a consensus within fans that its time to take a chance?

It's the main debate right now. From what I've seen I'd say it's split like like 70/30 Moyes go/stay.

As you said the results are mostly there from a black and white standpoint but many people are just so tired watching us play this type of ball against much inferior sides. It's one thing to play this way against great sides with superior players, but against teams way below you in the table with clearly inferior players? It's disheartening to watch.

We're a much bigger club than a team like Brighton so there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to play a style closer to theirs. They also hit teams on the break but do it in a way that is much more pleasing to watch and - most importantly - much more versatile when they face inferior teams. They manage to press and play a patient attacking game when facing low blocks because of their well-drilled passing patterns. We look completely clueless facing these teams for the most part and revert to FB overlap -> cross 9/10 times which (ironically) often results in us getting hit on the break in return.

Regarding finances, we've net spent more than Liverpool over the past 5 years, so money isn't an issue at all. The owners - despite being despicable ****s - are genuine fans of the club and have recently shown genuine desire to sort out the structure above the manager, which has resulted in Moyes butting heads with our new DoF as an example.

Thankfully our DoF won and we ended up with Kudus, Mavropanos and Alvarez and not McTominay and Maguire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom