• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Agree he's a good coach but stretch to say he's done well at Roma. Everywhere else pretty much though.

Don't think he fits West Ham fwiw, you guys always had pint swingers and yer das coaching your lot, Fonseca is as far away from that as possible.

I don't really want anyone who fits the West Ham profile :lol: I just want a manager that believes in decent football and seems capable.

I despise our owners but they've shown willingness to invest and listen to the manager in recent years. All of our current signings were approved by Moyes which makes our current situation even more damning for him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Feel like it's generally gone under the radar that we spent around £150m during the summer to add on top of a team that finished in European qualification spots and are now battling relegation.

Situations like this where the media bias really does factor in, similarly with Bruce at Newcastle who did a horrendous job but kept getting unwarranted support by pundits because of who he is.

Moyes literally cannot point the finger at anyone but himself here.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I don't really want anyone who fits the West Ham profile :lol: I just want a manager that believes in decent football and seems capable.

I despise our owners but they've shown willingness to invest and listen to the manager in recent years.
Yeah again except actually paying the clubs you bought from the full amount after the first downpayment lol.

Not sure about Moyes he's a fossil but you looked decent at times last season. Considering what you've spent though the return is shocking.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah again except actually paying the clubs you bought from the full amount after the first downpayment lol.

Not sure about Moyes he's a fossil but you looked decent at times last season. Considering what you've spent though the return is shocking.

Considering how well we played last season and the money we spent to add to that team, I think this season has to be up there with the worst managerial performances in league history.

This team has flaws and we've been unlucky with injuries, but quality wise it's no where relegation standard.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
You just have to look at the returns Emery has given relegation fodder Aston Villa in the Stevie G era to know how much a good manager can turn things around. British managers get a huge pass due to connections in the media. I think Moyes sees out the season, unfortunately. The draw against Arsenal might have just saved him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You just have to look at the returns Emery has given relegation fodder Aston Villa in the Stevie G era to know how much a good manager can turn things around. British managers get a huge pass due to connections in the media. I think Moyes sees out the season, unfortunately. The draw against Arsenal might have just saved him.

In fairness to Moyes, we finished 6th two years ago, reached the semis of the EL the following season and finished 7th. We were genuinely good, playing decent and effective football.

No one knows what the **** has happened this season. Moyes seems to have lost the players, but the reason why is a complete mystery. Some murmurs about the players being dissatisfied with the unambitious style of football, but those reports only started floating around after we started playing like ****.

It's genuinely baffling. Everything pointed towards Moyes turning us into his Everton 2.0, he was heavily backed in the market and now we're fighting for survival.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Bit of a weird one as I don't feel like letting him go if he wins the Conference league would be a great look.

He has definitely underperformed in the league this season, but something that has gone slightly under the radar is the amount of injuries we've had to deal with to key players:

• Marquee CB signing Aguerd did his ankle in the pre-season, missed the first 3 months of PL football.
  • Zouma does his knee in November, comes back in January but almost immediately does his hammy, missing another month.
  • Big money signing Scamacca ****s his knee up in January, misses a month. ****s his knee again in April, an injury he is still out with.
Doesn't excuse how awful we looked early on in any case, but it's something you can point to as a reason to give Moyes more time if you're trying to make that case.

Personally I'd say thanks for the good times, but we're looking to go in a different direction. The problem is we don't have a good structure in place a la Brighton to support a new manager, so I don't trust someone like Potter to come in as we've seen how much Brighton hasn't given a single **** about losing him because there's a structure in place to keep things ticking etc.

Many fans want Will Still, because he's a massive fan of the club, but it's probably too early for him to make that move. I do see the case for trying to go for him before he (maybe) becomes too big for us, but it's a risky move and it'd be a sad ****ing story if it didn't work out.

Postecoglou would be interesting, but I don't know enough about him to really form a strong opinion. I don't rate the Scottish league at all, but he seems highly rated, and you do need a certain amount of gravitas to go into a club like Celtic as a relatively unknown manager and manage the egos there.

Reactions: A_G

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Chasing shadows against these Dutch ballers, who frankly got an excellent youth academy. Probably the best in the country.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Chasing shadows against these Dutch ballers, who frankly got an excellent youth academy. Probably the best in the country.

WIth Moyes we are literally chasing shadows against any team in the world, including even League 2 level dross.

It's why any criticism of our players not being able to retain possession is stupid. Moyes literally instructs them not to do it.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
1_KNOLLSYjpeg.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom