• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We play West Ham my birthday, 9th December...so unless Wilshere is injured, I fully expect him to score a 90th minute against us!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not a bad appointment, they’ve tried the foreign route recently.

Moyes will know how to keep them this season for starters.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I would take any other manager in the world over him, no joke. He's the epitome of boring football. Grinding out garbage 1-0 wins against top clubs on occasion doesn't outweigh the negatives.

So jealous of you lot making a bold appointment and we go for the exact opposite. I know the stakes are more severe for us as relegation is terrible but it doesn't change the fact that I simply don't want to watch Moyes' brand of football.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would take any other manager in the world over him, no joke. He's the epitome of boring football. Grinding out garbage 1-0 wins against top clubs on occasion doesn't outweigh the negatives.

So jealous of you lot making a bold appointment and we go for the exact opposite. I know the stakes are more severe for us as relegation is terrible but it doesn't change the fact that I simply don't want to watch Moyes' brand of football.

We'd die for some garbage 1-0 wins over here now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Emery?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

With recent comments from Rafa that he will be back in PL, I thought it was set for him to become your new manager.
But your clownish exec duo always seem to go beyond their previous blunders.
Re-signing Moyes, after sacking him years ago, seems to have cemented that view.

With that boring football, one hopes that come summer maybe we can snatch Fornals cheapishly :)

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
With the 'investment' & stadium move West Ham havent progressed at all and find themselves back where they were.

It shows how difficult it is too progress as a club these days, you got the top mega spenders and then about 14 clubs who all seem to have a similar budget and targets.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Hadn't realised Winston Reid has been out for so long. Hasn't played a game for nearly two years. Always thought he was destined for better things at one point.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ceo5Kpo.gif

How can a footballer both be effectively and so unbelievably **** technically? :lol:

Defies all logic.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Considering WestHam want to get rid of him probably time to change the title.

Also

Not exactly beloved by their fans right now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wilshere's main problems are obviously his injury issues, but also it's very difficult to nail him down to one position. He's not exactly tactical astute enough to be a 6, and if you're playing him as a 6 you need 2 hard working box-to-box players alongside him like England did with Delph and Milner (I think it was those two can't quite remember) when he played there briefly. As a box-to-box midfielder he isn't really well rounded enough to do that effectively. He doesn't work very well in double pivots, still have nightmares about the Wilshere-Arteta pivot which got ripped apart at Anfield that time. And he isn't really a 10 either. He's a player who's pretty much only effective on the ball, which in the modern game is a bit of an issue. It's no surprise West Ham see him as surplus to requirements. It's also a damning indictment of how far he's fallen that a side fighting relegation doesn't see much use for him. It was similar at Bournemouth, after accommodating him for a while Howe pretty much dropped him and switched their shape as they had been playing a 4-2-3-1 with Wilshere as 10.

It's pretty sad considering how he burst onto the seen 10 years ago, became a starter here, an important player for England and then it just went up in smoke. Like I'm not 100% sure I can really say this, but I always got the impression he didn't look after himself as well as he could have, maybe it wouldn't have changed a lot in regards to his injuries I don't really know.

Top Bottom