• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think it was a mistake to think West Ham had a ceiling high enough to be so ambitious. Someone somewhere in a meeting room thought to themselves that they're in London so why can't they be another top club. I just don't think they have the ceiling for it. Newcastle are the only club who truly have the ceiling to become a top club. Sp*rs are just West Ham with a smarter owner.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Football fans are definitely a strange bunch, even if Arsenal were to never win a game of football again you would still never see me attempting to climb a wall to shout abuse in an elderly mans face whilst his wife is sitting next to him and a child is sitting to my right :lol:

They were liked penned in animals today, all climbing over each other to have their say, what are they really going to do, what is fat Carl or skinhead Dave really going to say to inspire the owners, idiots lol

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think it was a mistake to think West Ham had a ceiling high enough to be so ambitious. Someone somewhere in a meeting room thought to themselves that they're in London so why can't they be another top club. I just don't think they have the ceiling for it. Newcastle are the only club who truly have the ceiling to become a top club. Sp*rs are just West Ham with a smarter owner.

Maybe Everton if they built a new stadium, or Villa, come to think of it. But Newcastle have everything going for them. I'd actually quite like to see them get their sh*t together and start winning things.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Pathetic again and this is exactly what I ment with my last post, they all sprint onto the pitch and do NOTHING, like that **** yesterday who was hell bent on putting the corner flag in the centre spot, why? What did it symbolise? He just looked like a right childish ****.

Them Lille fans went full pelt to then be stopped from going anywhere by a fifth of their number of police.

They then probably done exactly what the West Ham fans done and shout a drunken non coherent 'F*** OFF OUT MAAAAAAAA CLUB'..

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Pathetic again and this is exactly what I ment with my last post, they all sprint onto the pitch and do NOTHING, like that **** yesterday who was hell bent on putting the corner flag in the centre spot, why? What did it symbolise? He just looked like a right childish ****.

Them Lille fans went full pelt to then be stopped from going anywhere by a fifth of their number of police.

They then probably done exactly what the West Ham fans done and shout a drunken non coherent 'F*** OFF OUT MAAAAAAAA CLUB'..

Another point is, if they want new owners surely any potential new buyer will put off with scenes like that. They'll be thinking "jeez, this lot aren't even in the relegation zone and they're acting like this, unless I pretty much buy their way up to the European places what's to stop something similar happening when I'm in charge?". It's one thing holding up banners, it's another not going to the matches (which is the best way to protest btw, but you get no attention for that so why bother? ;)), but to do what was done yesterday at West Ham or the more extreme case in Lille is just ridiculous and extremely off-putting to any sensible potential new buyer.

Can't believe some of the criticism of West Ham fans here, they are seeing their club torn apart by terrible boardroom decisions, and are angry about it. Yes a few have taken it too far but 99% haven't.

It's not nice to see it happening, I know that, having watched us under Swales for longer than I care to remember.

It's a feeling of helplessness, of worthlessness and it's horrible, trust me.

You guys have absolutely NO idea what it is like to be that way, you're all abandoning the club on matchdays because you are 6th ffs.

As for the stadium, the Hammers I know, knew they had to go there to get the extra revenue, but absolutely hated leaving The Boleyn.

They haven't been lucky enough to be able to reconfigure their stadium, meaning it will always have that distant feeling at each end of the ground. I always used to watch us at the old place, I'm very unlikely to go to the new one. My son and friends have been and hated it, that's enough for me.

Football fans are definitely a strange bunch, even if Arsenal were to never win a game of football again you would still never see me attempting to climb a wall to shout abuse in an elderly mans face whilst his wife is sitting next to him and a child is sitting to my right :lol:

They were liked penned in animals today, all climbing over each other to have their say, what are they really going to do, what is fat Carl or skinhead Dave really going to say to inspire the owners, idiots lol
It's not just an old man though, is it? It's the OWNER of the club, and as such, he has responsibilities. I'm not excusing their behaviour, but I can understand the frustration.

Quick question, do you ever go to matches?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It's not just an old man though, is it? It's the OWNER of the club, and as such, he has responsibilities. I'm not excusing their behaviour, but I can understand the frustration.

Quick question, do you ever go to matches?

Well it is an old man regardless and yes he is the owner, saying that he could be 25 and it is still sad to shout and try claw your way up to their box like some gollum, have some self respect/restraint. I can understand their frustration to a point but at the same time I highly doubt the owners are happy with the situation either; I doubt they want West Ham to be in 16th position.

I just dont see the point shouting obscenities when their business minded people and discussions go a lot further. Didnt the owners meet with the fan groups the week before? I get the publicity they are getting now may be the result they wanted however I would say they the fans have not got much sympathy from the rest of the country after Saturday.

And yes I do go to matches, however I will admit that I dont go very often as I personally prefer to watch games on TV, make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
**** of the Earth? What have they done, genuinely dont know..?
A recent example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43543273

The way they've weaseled a new stadium out of the tax payer is despicable too. Most other clubs have to pay to build a new ground or improve them.
They were basically gifted one to replace the ageing Upton Park, and the rest of the country has to pay for it.

They were constantly trying to do the same thing when they were at Birmingham City by the way.

I'm delighted they're doing terribly. The whole club is a ****ing myth.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
A recent example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43543273

The way they've weaseled a new stadium out of the tax payer is despicable too. Most other clubs have to pay to build a new ground or improve them.
They were basically gifted one to replace the ageing Upton Park, and the rest of the country has to pay for it.

They were constantly trying to do the same thing when they were at Birmingham City by the way.

I'm delighted they're doing terribly. The whole club is a ****ing myth.

In regards to the stadium I blame whoever 'gifted' them the deal and hold them responsible, I cant blame them for agreeing to the deal as its basically a free stadium in this day and age. Its the government or olympic committee, whoever thought it would be fair to let the tax payer fund it is who I blame and I dont get how they are not the ones under the spot light.

Gegen Pressing

West Ham needs seven points to stay up

sullivan: Brexit means Brexit
Gold: you appoint the home grown
Sullivan: what bout that genius Moyes ?
Gold: appeases the supporters.
Gold :-You'd Never see a banner again
Sullivan: Club stays up we cash in...
Sullivan : ..And then sell off to China

In Chorus: OUR SEVEN POINTS PLAN!!

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom