• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hes finished at the level we need players to be at.
I think he has it in him, but he needs to be surrounded by better players now, since he cannot take players on like he used to. somewhere like Leicester, look at how Maddison destroyed VVD against Liverpool.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Said the above to Dokaka in July. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see they were buying crap.

FairPlay lad.

I thought they bought in some real quality. The likes of Anderson and Wilshere were great signals of intent but it’s not gelled at all. They’re really struggling.

As good as Arnautovic is up top I think he needs someone to play off. It’s unfortunate Carroll can never keep fit, he’d be a good lynchpin for Arnie.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was kind of worried that Pellegrini was washed up. Basically took a retirement job in China after City.

Now more than ever in football management it’s easy to fall behind, the game’s constantly changing and managers have to evolve.

Two years away from elite football at his age was always going to be a big ask to come back from.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

West Ham's policy when it comes to transfers is always just bring in a load of supposed talented players and hope the majority of them work out.

Don't think Pellegrini is the right guy for the job, should just reappoint big Sam, in fact sacking in the first place was ridiculous.

Tir Na Nog

Yarmalenko could end up going down as one of the worst signings, just doesn't have the burst of pace for this league, it's alright having good technical qualities, close control, etc but he'll be pretty limited in terms of what he's able to do. He's not gonna beat a full-back and it's not like he has the passing range to be a good play-maker. Wilshere is finished. Anderson might be decent if used right, good counter-attacking options.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
There's probably discussions in the boardroom about potential replacements for Pellegrini - would love to see who's on that list considering they've already gone through the likes of allardyce and Moyes in recent years.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he's got it in him , feel that the Hammers will start to click soon .
yeah, need more time to gel all those new signings.

People also have a romanticized memory of Wilshere. He had long spells where he was just your standard CM, playing neat football.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I think he's got it in him , feel that the Hammers will start to click soon .
Not surprised he's not firing after 4 games, think he was still carrying some extra weight at the start of the season. I can see him improving a fair bit after a few more games, even last season it took him from mid-October to December to get going.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not surprised he's not firing after 4 games, think he was still carrying some extra weight at the start of the season. I can see him improving a fair bit after a few more games, even last season it took him from mid-October to December to get going.

Yeah agree , there were a fair few games mid season where he was a stand out including against Liverpool at home . Lanzini coming back will help him a lot too . In hindsight we could have used him here . General consensus was he couldn't handle a manic press which is true but not sure we are pressing really .

Reactions: A_G

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

He was pretty dire from new year onwards, with the exception of a good game here and there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He was pretty dire from new year onwards, with the exception of a good game here and there.
Don't disagree with that really, although he picked up one or two knocks then also which didn't help.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I can't remember when he 'got going'. He was just ok. He wasn't even going at Bournemouth.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So where are all them lads who said we should have kept? Was painful to lose Jack, I agree, but looks to be for the best so far. Hardly tearing it up down the road...

nick gould

I can't remember when he 'got going'. He was just ok. He wasn't even going at Bournemouth.
He never got going since his first season really. He has been living of the hype and good will acquired in that first season. There was a time where Arsenal’s win record was absolutely dire with him in the team. To be fair it’s not easy to see what he brings to the team. Play him in a deep role and he leaves the team exposed defensively. He doesn’t have the legs and physicality for a deeper role. Play him as a Number 10 and you find out he doesn’t have enough assists or goals for that role either. Wasted talent really.

Tir Na Nog

Eddie Howe benched Jack like halfway through the season so he could go back to playing 4-4-2. I think a big problem with Jack (apart from injuries) is that it's hard to nail him down to one specific role, doesn't have the defensive qualities or tactical understanding to play a deep role. Isn't athletic enough to be a B2B midfielder. As an attacking midfielder is probably were his skills are best suited to do but he just doesn't produce enough either. Also don't think his off the ball movement is particularly impressive when you look at how Özil, Eriksen and De Bruyne always manage to end up in pockets of space.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom