• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham vs Arsenal Match Ratings

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Good response by the first team. Lets bear in mind though, that this team actually played footie against us, which did not expose our main problem, dealing with the negative approach.

I was already drunk by the second goal so will reserve my ratings for today. I will say that its a good morale boosting victory for the squad going forward.

russkiegooner

Re: West Ham v Arsenal - Ratings and Post match discussion

Szczesny 7. Did nothing wrong apart from one shaky moment, made a good save when needed but the distribution needs to improve.
Eboue 6 Good going forward but got caught a couple of times defensively.
Djourou 5. Bad game. On another day we could have easily got punished for his blunders.
Koscielny 8. Excellent throughout.
Clichy 7. A couple of awful crosses but very good otherwise.
Song 7. Bossed the midfield as required.
Wilshere 8. Idem plus excellent close control and overall distribution.
Cesc 7. Not at his dazzling but still good enough to hammer the Hammers.
Walcott 8. Effective. Can't argue with an assist, a goal and a penalty won.
RVP 9, MOTM. Getting to his very best. Silky touch, good vision, two goals and an assist.
Nasri 7. Pretty good but lacking a bit of cutting-edge today.

Subs: N/A

squallkid

Established Member
Sczcesny 7 Made 1 good save but truth be told he didn't have much to do.

Eboue 4 Typical Eboue performance

Djourou 5 A bit shaky

Koscielny 7 Looked calm and assured, getting better with each game.

Clichy 7.5 Best defender today and seems to have shaken off his bad form of last season

Song 7.5 Looks good again

Wilshere 8 Little terrier in midfield and could have had a goal if not for a terrific Green save

Fabregas 7.5 A bit overshadowed in this game by Van Persie and Walcott

Nasri 7 Tidy game from Nasri

Walcott 8 Good game from Walcott

Van Persie 9 Great to have him back to his lethal best, oh how I love this man and he is easily our best striker, MOTM.

yuvken

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Why all the poor ratings for Sczcesney?
made me raise my eyebrows as well. 7-7.5 more like it. even distribution improved. For the first time I really had that feeling (despite all the long discussions about him) - here's our no. 1. (I know there are still twists in the plot, but now it feels real).

I was also surprised Cesc is rated by almost every one our best player bar VP. To me he looked tired almost from the off, and though cesc is class no matter what (and I don't deny it did show at some points today), I would barely give him a 7 (maybe 6.5).

DJ is entitled to one like that after all the great games of late.

Whoever rated Kos under 7 is pathetic.

Eboue didn't deserve the 4s today: he may be a lost case (in my mind too), but (despite some Eboue moments) he played well enough.

Jack was back to his best (and to me was better than cesc. But I know it's not a popular opinion). Funny thing with all the "new positions" game, it's in the box that he tends to confuse it. He'll be great, but then again, I never doubted that.

Song - even in not such a super game, you can already sense he is the opposite of what he was in the first months of the season: aware, good position, responsible.

Theo - I thought he actually started really poor, and the first good move was his goal. but since then just got better and better. He is becoming a very good player.

Nas - great to see how he is gradually becoming a real leader, knows when to support from the back, take over from cesc. Great player (but also, took some time to get into the game).

Now, I need a MOTM. Who can that be? I just wish we had a proper CF :wink: .

ricky1985

Established Member
Szczesny - 7. Great save early on, and generally very reliable.

Eboue - 5. Really poor first half, just kept going missing, made Djourou's life much more difficult than it needed to be. Better second half.

Djourou - 6. Lots of good defending, but one or two poor moments. Not his finest hour, but far from disastrous either.

Koscielny - 7.5. Made mincemeat of Carlton Cole really. Everything Cole tried Koscielny read it and dealt with it.

Clichy - 7. A little wasteful at times, but again was very solid throughout.

Song - 6. Decent performance.

Wilshere - 7.5. Top class performance. Had an answer for everything, whatever West Ham did to try and disrupt his game, he more than had enough to overcome. So incredibly mature in everything he does.

Fabregas - 7. Not quite vintage Cesc, but some moments of sheer class. Worked really hard too.

Walcott - 7.5. A little disappointing one-on-one, but you can't argue with the end result. A goal, an assist, and a penalty won. Double figures for goals for the first time in his career. Well done Theo.

Nasri - 6. Similar to Cesc, moments of genuine class, but cruised through really.

van Persie - 8. Where to start? What a player this guy is. Showed a bit of everything tonight, some of his link-play and movement was sublime. Great finish for his 1st goal, too.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
yuvken said:
Eboue didn't deserve the 4s today: he may be a lost case (in my mind too), but (despite some Eboue moments) he played well enough.
Made some decent runs forward, but even then still has no idea what to do in the final third. In defence, he was poo. '4' is about right in my opinion. '5' if one thinks and likes that he's an oh-so lovable joker.

yuvken

Established Member
No, I think he actually was a bit better than that - even defensively, particularly in the second half. But - yeah, it's a bit late in the day for the appologia, joker or not.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Chesney 6 Nowt to do

Eboue 7 Thought he was quite good personally
DJ 5 Pretty poor today
Kos 7
Clichy 7

Fab 7
Wilshere 7.5
Song 5 His passing his ****

Walcott 8 Threat throughout
Nasri 7
RVP 9 We're so much better with him in the side
Bridge 10 Motm. Match winning contribution

Denilson 0 Came on with the game won and still managed to **** me off with a challenge not dissimilar to the Leeds tackle. Just **** off.
Shava N/A
Gibbs N/A

Anzac

Established Member
Glad to see that despite the result that the ratings overall are more along the lines of 'job done' than being too over the top.

otfgoon

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Szczesny - 7. Great save early on, and generally very reliable.

Eboue - 5. Really poor first half, just kept going missing, made Djourou's life much more difficult than it needed to be. Better second half.

Djourou - 6. Lots of good defending, but one or two poor moments. Not his finest hour, but far from disastrous either.

Koscielny - 7.5. Made mincemeat of Carlton Cole really. Everything Cole tried Koscielny read it and dealt with it.

Clichy - 7. A little wasteful at times, but again was very solid throughout.

Song - 6. Decent performance.

Wilshere - 7.5. Top class performance. Had an answer for everything, whatever West Ham did to try and disrupt his game, he more than had enough to overcome. So incredibly mature in everything he does.

Fabregas - 7. Not quite vintage Cesc, but some moments of sheer class. Worked really hard too.

Walcott - 7.5. A little disappointing one-on-one, but you can't argue with the end result. A goal, an assist, and a penalty won. Double figures for goals for the first time in his career. Well done Theo.

Nasri - 6. Similar to Cesc, moments of genuine class, but cruised through really.

van Persie - 8. Where to start? What a player this guy is. Showed a bit of everything tonight, some of his link-play and movement was sublime. Great finish for his 1st goal, too.

Agree with pretty much every word.

G0D

Almighty
fabo said:
Theo........6....maybe harsh but I thought his general play was very average. Made decisive contributions all the same...goal, assist and won the pen but he breaks down so many attacks aswell.

You must seriously dislike Theo to give him only a 6 when he was involved in all 3 goals we scored. Sure his play isn't as polished as some of the other players, and he does occasionally break the play down whilst actively trying to make things happen, but it's certainly not like he continually costs possession.

Anywho, my ratings...

Szczesny 6.5
Eboue 6
Djourou 6
Koscielny 6.5
Clichy 7

Wilshere 7.5
Song 7.5
Fabregas 7

Walcott 8
RVP 8.5
Nasri 7

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
G0D said:
fabo said:
You must seriously dislike Theo to give him only a 6 when he was involved in all 3 goals we scored. Sure his play isn't as polished as some of the other players, and he does occasionally break the play down whilst actively trying to make things happen, but it's certainly not like he continually costs possession.
Agree, Theo was involved in all the goals and made some great diagonal runs. He's only 21, once he figures out how to deal with 1 on 1's better he'll be super great. Plus in the first half, he and Song covered the RB spot better than Eboue did. He was close to Motm for me actually.

Kraig

Established Member
Wally - 7

Eboue - 5
Djourou - 5 (Does he even talk to his goalkeeper when trying to sheppard those balls back to him?!?)
Kos - 7
Clichy - 7

Song - 7
Jack - 8
Cesc - 8

Theo - 8.5
RVP - 9 - MOTM
Nasri - 7

General

Established Member
His susceptibility to needlessly hogging the ball when surrounded by opposition players is bound to result in disaster sooner or later if not curbed (Song that is). Yeah it looks great when it comes off but when it doesn't we are easily exposed to a goal scoring opportunity. Even worse is when he declines to take up the safer option by releasing the ball to a team mate close by thus relieving the pressure. He’s turned the corner over the last year and anything that keeps Denilson out of the team is a bonus but he needs to re-focus on keeping things simple. There are still too many wannabe attackers in this team but at least our collective defensive game is a better sight than what it was a few months ago.

yuvken

Established Member
...and that is in big part thanx to song's improved focus.
What on earth are you guys on about? Song has been nothing short of a revelation in the last few weeks. Yesterday (his least impressive game lately) he was just "solid", but - there's nothing of that crazy man running to where he doesn't need to be, leaving the back exposed.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
SA Gunner said:
Good response by the first team. Lets bear in mind though, that this team actually played footie against us, which did not expose our main problem, dealing with the negative approach.

I was already drunk by the second goal so will reserve my ratings for today. I will say that its a good morale boosting victory for the squad going forward.

In retrospect, I must concede that we ensured that West Ham played footie against us due to our early goal. Credit must be given to the first team for that. The outstanding issue of breaking down a team at 0-0 needs serious addressing though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom