<

West Ham vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rorz, Jan 15, 2011.

1. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

Pretty much nail on the head there.

2. The Escaped Ape

The Escaped Ape Active Member Trusted

Good to see us doing what we're supposed to do with teams at the foot of the table. Good to see RVP starting to hit his stride. Not getting over-excited yet.

RVP (MOTM), Cesc, Nasri, Wilshere - 7.5
    Theo, Clichy, Kos, Song - 7
    Szczesny, Djourou - 6
    Eboue - 5

Arsharvin, Denilson, Gibbs - N/A

3. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

Szczesny 6
    Eboue 4
    Djourou 5
    Koscielny 7
    Clichy 7
    Song 7
    Wilshere 7
    Fabregas 7
    Nasri 7
    Walcott 7
    van Persie 8

4. brady_style

brady_style New Member

Sneezy 8 There's something about a really great keeper. He has an undefinable quality called presence. It's something about the way he conducts himself at all times when he's on the pitch. It's similar to how in the Wild West people knew not to look a certain guy in the eye, knew as the guy approached them from around 200 yards away. This guy reeks of top class. I'd consider giving him a run in the team now.

Eboue 5 This guy reeks of stale pig vomit. He displays the defensive urgency of Robinho baked out of tree after a night out with fat Ronnie and two trannies. How many times in the first half was he standing ahead of his winger and thus allowing balls to be played in behind him. He would then jog over to this winger and let him get his cross away. Better in the second half, yet he deserves to train with the U14's until he begins to show the bare minimum of effort ( which means run like a lunatic for the entire match).

Djourou 6.5 Too bad slip ups but otherwise very composed throughout. The freaked out head on Carlton Cole towards the end of the match is indicative of how good a job DJ did on him.

Kos 7 Looks much more aggressive in going for the ball.

Clichy 8 Magnificent defensively. Got in front of his man again and again to intercept passes.

Song 6 Showed good tackling and tracking skills. His passing in the final third wasn't up to speed last night. When we are in possession I would like to see him make a run behind his full back more often. On many occassions he just stands on the touch line waiting for the pass to feet.

Wilshere 7.5 Full of vigour and spark.

Cesc 7.5 Tackled brilliantly in the first half. His passing was excellent.

Theo 7 Good display. His use of the ball was a bit off. At times he just hit aimless passes into the box.

RVP 8.5 Should have had a well deserved hattrick. Magnificent display. We're a very different team with an in form RVP in the team.

Nasri 7 Bright and lively. Got stuck into a few tackles as well.

5. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

Talking of Szczesny;

[​IMG]

:lol:

6. Y va marquer

Y va marquer New Member Elite

Some of Sneezy's goal kicks were wild.
    High and not aimed in any particular direction.

7. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

Yeah, but who cares when he can do that? :lol:

8. Y va marquer

Y va marquer New Member Elite

9. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

10. P_Gunner

P_Gunner New Member

:D When I saw it in the match I thought it was my imagination... turns out he really did it. Legend in the making!

11. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

:lol:

I would argue, of course, that it was Walcott's world class ability that gave the defender a torrid time :wink: