• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
He is a amazing player but he aint a arsenal player.

Cesc in his prime was not just a number 10 but he made us play beautiful football, he was the integral cog that allowed us to play that football. Özil is a number 10 who will create as much as cesc but cannot make the team play to the higher standard to which cesc did.

Watching city play and watching silva run the show is what we had and need, the tech players who played beyond standard and were able to run games just by playing stunning football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How else do you measure a #10?
By playing very well like he was earlier in the season, when he still wasn't racking up numbers. If you're world class and you're playing fantastically, numbers will come at some point. But when they're not, you're still causing havoc and bringing the best out of others.

Maybe I'm a hipster.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

By playing very well like he was earlier in the season, when he still wasn't racking up numbers. If you're world class and you're playing fantastically, numbers will come at some point. But when they're not, you're still causing havoc and bringing the best out of others.

Maybe I'm a hipster.

Yeah I agree and he didn't really play as a 10 the last few months with Wilshere there , constantly dropped deep to outnumber midfield .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
this game he looked like he was playing at his worst deliberately, and refused to cross the ball.

maybe he is the one who wants wenger out?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He's a proper wimp. If only there was a way to instill bergkamp type grit to combine with his talent. As one of the senior players and the wage he's on, he really needs to stand up and be counted.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
That's why you don't give new contracts to player in his age. Wenger knew it. #WengerIn

He did it, because of the pressure from the fans.

Jojoba

The most overrated, overhyped Arsenal player I have ever seen in my decades of being a gooner. Good player but that is about it. I would take the likes of Cesc, Rvp, Rosicky, Diaby, Hleb, Nasri etc over him any time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can't be too critical of him right now, considering how **** everyone else is playing.
I think you can. You always can, regardless. He was the only one on top of his game not long ago. The only difference to now is, he's not anymore. For whatever reason, he's just poor again. Our only real world class player isn't showing up.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He did it, because of the pressure from the fans.
I definitely think he exploited the situation. He knew the club had to do their best to keep him after Alexis left, and the club had to do their best to save face with the fan base. I'm inclined to think the club wanted to pacify the fans and save face as a super club by hanging on to Mesut Özil the world class, world cup winning super star, more than they wanted to keep Mesut Özil the footballer.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think you can. You always can, regardless. He was the only one on top of his game not long ago. The only difference to now is, he's not anymore. For whatever reason, he's just poor again. Our only real world class player isn't showing up.

What's alarming is he has been technically poor, touch , passing decision making have been off.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What's alarming is he has been technically poor, touch , passing decision making have been off.
They're only human, and form is what it is, I suppose. It's pretty unfortunate that he's dropped off at this point though. Terrible timing on a few levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom