• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think Özil's management should have not put him in that situation in the first place, but they were too busy mouthing off Keown. Footballers in general are probably not really up to date with politics and a bit naive in that regard.

About a year ago, for example, Davids and Kluivert also got massive backlash for posing for a picture with Mugabe:

Mugabe-kluivert.jpg

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Mesut will be forced to make some sort of apologatic statement but me and many other fully support him. He’s here with us today because of what Turkey was before Erdogan, hell for religious people. I would bet my left nut he would kiss Erdogan’s feet if he asked him to, that’s how much he means to Turkish muslims. No way he would turn him down.

And that bullshit with Gundogan calling Erdogan his president... a passport does not define a person’s identity. Its only a piece of paper. People can love more than one country, feel a bond with more than one people, follow more than one leader. **** this media bullshit, its always the same narrative, don’t play yourselves.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don’t care that much. He’s a professional footballer, not employed in the realm of studying history or engaging in current affairs. Always confuses me when people expect geniuses in one area of existence to display similar nous (or insight) in unrelated spheres.

It’s like this controversy re: LeBron or Kanye’s political comments over here — the amount of outrage is silly. They’ve got platforms and are entitled to use them, of course, but folks need to quit getting so offended / holding up such high standards when they do.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mesut will be forced to make some sort of apologatic statement but me and many other fully support him. He’s here with us today because of what Turkey was before Erdogan, hell for religious people. I would bet my left nut he would kiss Erdogan’s feet if he asked him to, that’s how much he means to Turkish muslims. No way he would turn him down.

And that bullshit with Gundogan calling Erdogan his president... a passport does not define a person’s identity. Its only a piece of paper. People can love more than one country, feel a bond with more than one people, follow more than one leader. **** this media bullshit, its always the same narrative, don’t play yourselves.

Wonder what would happen if a Kurd did that in Turkey?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anyone taking issue with them meeeting the Turkish leader and having an affinity to their motherland is an idiot and probably doesn’t realise how uninclusive western countries still are.

People should take issue with them meeting up and holding up their teams shirts with a guy who kills protestors, arrests the free press of his country, restricts his people access to social media, seeming denier of the Armenian genocide etc

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Anyone taking issue with them meeeting the Turkish leader and having an affinity to their motherland is an idiot and probably doesn’t realise how uninclusive western countries still are.

People should take issue with them meeting up and holding up their teams shirts with a guy who kills protestors, arrests the free press of his country, restricts his people access to social media, seeming denier of the Armenian genocide etc

Mhiki might want a word with him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lacazette and Wenger threads are old news. Going forward, I think the Özil thread will be main battleground of this forum. :lol:

Let me kick things off by saying “Pull yer fecking finger out you’re supposed to be the fecking star player!!!!!!”

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Lacazette and Wenger threads are old news. Going forward, I think the Özil thread will be main battleground of this forum. :lol:

Let me kick things off by saying “Pull yer fecking finger out you’re supposed to be the fecking star player!!!!!!”

Welcome to the front line comrade, better late than never, but we welcome reinforcements. The good fight started by a select few has been going on since he's signed.

Since Giroud left and his best form at AFC came when the team was crap this season most of the tired old excuses have gone out the window. Sucks that he bamboozled his way to be the 2nd highest paid player in the league, but at least the Özil FC supporters seem to be on the run, but tbf to them I think their leader called in sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom