• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I'm suspicious over Erdogan trying to establish Somalia under Turkeys wing. And it seems he's getting hero worshipped by Somalis, while it looks to me like we're just a chess piece.

Somalia and Turkey is a match made in Wood Green :lol:

You don't forget about those who offer you a helping hand when you need one, and Turkey has done that for us few times over the course of our history.

Erdogan earned that status with us, and has proven himself to be a reliable friend among all these scavengers who have always been part of our problem.

We've been taking names all these years, and some of those countries include few that we've offered a helping hand in the past but chose to betray us and stabbed us in the back.

PS. What's up with the bold part? I thought the late great Frank White was a Jamaican from Brooklyn. ;)

How many games is our Mesut going to miss in the world cup because of 'illness'? :lol:

HappyChap

Think that this is a great appointment for Mesut.

Emery loves his 4231 formation.
Formation is irrelevant in his case, he should be happy if the new manager is willing to accept his cr*p performances against solid teams. Özil is a poster boy these days, shadow of a player from his early Madrid days and Bremen, and it will only get worse with his big new contract. I don't care about Özil, but as an Arsenal fan, I would like to see a manager who will not tolerate his poor form and lack of desire (that should go for all of our players).

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Think that this is a great appointment for Mesut.

Emery loves his 4231 formation.
Depends. Yes he plays with a number 10 in a 4231 but Özil is probably the most limited number 10 in football and he doesn't really perform the functions that it seems Emery wants from that role. In every bit of tactical analysis I've seen on Emery, his number 10 seems more to describe Ramsey. The 10 is supposed to join the press and support the striker. When he played 4231 at PSG, Draxler was the 10. Is Draxler more similar to Özil or Ramsey? For clues on how he'd use Özil I think we'll have to go back a few years and see how David Silva was utilized under him. There is no doubt in my mind though that Özil cannot play the way he has under Wenger for Emery. Floating around aimlessly waving his hands and shaking his head will not suffice in a system that demands that the team attack and defend as a cohesive unit.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You don't forget about those who offer you a helping hand when you need one, and Turkey has done that for us few times over the course of our history.

Erdogan earned that status with us, and has proven himself to be a reliable friend among all these scavengers who have always been part of our problem.

We've been taking names all these years, and some of those countries include few that we've offered a helping hand in the past but chose to betray us and stabbed us in the back.

PS. What's up with the bold part? I thought the late great Frank White was a Jamaican from Brooklyn. ;)

How many games is our Mesut going to miss in the world cup because of 'illness'? :lol:

Nah I'm a farax from North West London walaalo.

Batman

Give me a break, if Özil made his name under Mourinho then I think it's safe to assume he can handle playing under Emery.
Well we're going to find out. A lot easier both on the pitch and in the press playing with Cristiano where you're never going to be the center of attention. He also by his own account in his book didn't necessarily always handle Mourinho's demands well. I'm not saying he'll find it impossible under Emery but there will be more asked of him than Wenger and I don't think he'll have the luxury of sick days anymore.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Depends. Yes he plays with a number 10 in a 4231 but Özil is probably the most limited number 10 in football and he doesn't really perform the functions that it seems Emery wants from that role. In every bit of tactical analysis I've seen on Emery, his number 10 seems more to describe Ramsey. The 10 is supposed to join the press and support the striker. When he played 4231 at PSG, Draxler was the 10. Is Draxler more similar to Özil or Ramsey? For clues on how he'd use Özil I think we'll have to go back a few years and see how David Silva was utilized under him. There is no doubt in my mind though that Özil cannot play the way he has under Wenger for Emery. Floating around aimlessly waving his hands and shaking his head will not suffice in a system that demands that the team attack and defend as a cohesive unit.
I totally agree. To be honest with you its hard to fit Özil in many systems at all without him being a bit of a luxury player even given his ability to create chances. He is great in fantastic teams who play with amazing quick attackers in front of him I'll give him that. But he's limited on the wing and in Wenger's system he was limited in general. His one touch pass ability as well as agility and centre of gravity is quite poor for an attacking midfielder. He doesnt score enough goals either. He is a chance creator but not a man that controls the game. He will just come in with random moments of amazing assists.

If Emery does play a 4231 and has apparently said he values Ramsey a lot then it looks like he might be the focal point. That poses the question of where on earth would Özil play... on the wing I suppose. Although a lot of Arsenal fans are obsessed with Özil I really have struggled to warm to him as a player and I'm happy a new manager is coming in to either get him to ****ing keep his head high and stop moping around or drop/sell him as at times he's worse than a luxury player, he's a waste of a squad spot. I could name countless players who would have done a better job for us than him under Wenger's system... one was in fact a player we had in the squad; Cazorla was a much more useful no.10 for us when he played there idc what people say. Only period where Özil really impressed me as an elite player was the first half of this season until he renewed his contract and then got injured.

Emery will hopefully get the best out of Özil. It will be one of the biggest challenges for Emery

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
C'mon, you're a much better poster.

if you consider the stats, he is in a similar bracket defensively to Alexis, Lacazette, Wilshere, Welbeck, Iwobi. So he is doing the same amount of work as the others in the team. Only Ramsey and Mkhi have noticeably higher numbers.

He had 4 tackles against Atletico.

His one touch pass ability as well as agility and centre of gravity is quite poor for an attacking midfielder. He doesnt score enough goals either. He is a chance creator but not a man that controls the game. He will just come in with random moments of amazing assists.
Stop spouting ****, please. low agility and passing?

Out of the first teamers, I can only think of Wilshere who (used to) have a better centre of gravity.

read his FIFA/FM card or whatever they are called and check his agility ratings there.

https://realsport101.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Özil.png

Batman

C'mon, you're a much better poster.

if you consider the stats, he is in a similar bracket defensively to Alexis, Lacazette, Wilshere, Welbeck, Iwobi. So he is doing the same amount of work as the others in the team. Only Ramsey and Mkhi have noticeably higher numbers.

He had 4 tackles against Atletico.

Stop spouting ****, please. low agility and passing?

Out of the first teamers, I can only think of Wilshere who (used to) have a better centre of gravity.

read his FIFA/FM card or whatever they are called and check his agility ratings there.

Özil.png
I posted that Özil doesn't press. He doesn't. I posted that Emery's teams defend as a unit, something Özil is not accustomed to doing here. I'm not sure what you took issue with. I was being quite kind. And let's be honest, if you have to mention 4 tackles against Atletico that's kind of an indication that he doesn't exactly flash a great defensive work rate.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I posted that Özil doesn't press. He doesn't. I posted that Emery's teams defend as a unit, something Özil is not accustomed to doing here. I'm not sure what you took issue with. I was being quite kind. And let's be honest, if you have to mention 4 tackles against Atletico that's kind of an indication that he doesn't exactly flash a great defensive work rate.

If Emery demands it he'll press, otherwise he can fvck off to the bench for all I care.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
it's an systemic issue which exacerbates his limitation. We have never pressed consistently as long as I can remember. Also I don't expect our whole team to suddenly pump out our chests and start pressing. It will be a gradual slow change if it all.

I take issue with you saying he wanders around aimlessly throwing fits at teammates. He only does it to Bellerin (and Ramsey sometimes), and hostilely they deserve it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Özil is the most technical player we have with the ability to do things others can only dream of, his assists highlight what a player he is. He can definitely score more goals, hopefully if Emery plays him as a No 10 that will bring more goals. Other teams have players who seem to go missing at times but like Özil pop up when it matters but I feel there are times when Özil seems uninterested. It's up to Emery to get the best out of him and I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom