• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
That’s like saying “This and that manager likes playing with a striker”.
This and that manager likes to play with a DM. This and that manager likes to play with a wingers etc.
A more curious person would then ask. What kind of striker? Because Andy Carroll, Welbeck, Chamakh, Henry, Suarez, Drogba, RVP, Giroud etc.
He likes to play with a no10, what kind of no10? An Özil kind? Silva? Cazorla, Bergkamp? Iniesta? Etc

Silva, Cazorla, Iniesta haven't played number 10 for a long time lol

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This and that manager likes to play with a DM. This and that manager likes to play with a wingers etc.
A more curious person would then ask. What kind of striker? Because Andy Carroll, Welbeck, Chamakh, Henry, Suarez, Drogba, RVP, Giroud etc.
He likes to play with a no10, what kind of no10? An Özil kind? Silva? Cazorla, Bergkamp? Iniesta? Etc

No it's not mate , not a lot of teams play with a 10 but all teams play with a with play with a striker not to mention they wouldn't say striker they'd say target man , nine , false nine . No 10 is far more specific .

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Özil will not be sold. He is an integral part of our attack. Emery will not drop him nor replace him, sub him off here and there? Sure. But I highly doubt he will offload our best playmaker.

Im struggling to see how we can play with two strikers without playing 3 defenders. Either way Özil will always be part of the team
Maybe he won't be sold but hopefully the new manager will truly pick players on performance rather than reputation and blind favouritism.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

First it was “Mesut is 100% the best #10 out there, problem is football has moved on from that type of player, bla bla bla.”

And now it will be “Yes our manager wants to play with a #10, and Mesut is a great #10, but he’s just not the right type of #10.”

Oh oh you rotten agenda. :lol:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I don’t like Özil much. Has a tendency to go missing in big games and when the team is relying on him to deliver, he almost always fails.

Defensively his contributions are minimal to nothing, physically he gets brushed off the ball way to easily and now he tends to lose possession quite a lot as well.

He screwed us with the Sanchez leaving situation to get a better contract. I cannot see his attitude being tolerated at any of our other five top six rivals.

avalonhse

7 years ago. Has Özil regressed since since signing? I think so.

We tried to build around Özil and it has not worked.

For me, Özil improved his stamina and body. However, building the team around Özil is Wenger's fault. Why blame Özil for that?

Look at Messi, Argentina builds its team around him but it does not make Argentina a strong team.

The idea of building a team around Özil is an excuse for not getting quality players. Simple as that.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think Emery will make sure Özil plays to his fullest potential. This goes for our other players as well and I believe if they do not perform he won't be afraid to change it up, bench them or sell them eventually.

I love Özil and I do believe he is a very talented player but sometimes he can be infuriating which is Arsenal of OLD...under Emery we are a NEW Arsenal :)

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Basically saying that Özil is going to cause Emery problems with his lack of team commitment, etc etc. He also says that nobody wanted Özil and that's basically why he accepted our offer, it wasn't necessarily about the money. Kike usually doesn't talk ****, so don't know how to take this post from him exactly.

If we play better without him, I'd be okay in dumping his contract... if anybody wants him...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Basically saying that Özil is going to cause Emery problems with his lack of team commitment, etc etc. He also says that nobody wanted Özil and that's basically why he accepted our offer, it wasn't necessarily about the money. Kike usually doesn't talk ****, so don't know how to take this post from him exactly.

If we play better without him, I'd be okay in dumping his contract... if anybody wants him...

You really think no one would take Özil on a free? He accepted our offer because he would not get paid more elsewhere. I'm sure Barca would take him for example.

I don’t like Özil much. Has a tendency to go missing in big games and when the team is relying on him to deliver, he almost always fails.

Defensively his contributions are minimal to nothing, physically he gets brushed off the ball way to easily and now he tends to lose possession quite a lot as well.

He screwed us with the Sanchez leaving situation to get a better contract. I cannot see his attitude being tolerated at any of our other five top six rivals.
Please tell me one Arsenal player who consistently shows up in big games, don't worry I'll wait. Matter of fact tell me 1 big name player who shows up routinely in big games when the rest of the team ****s the bed.
Mesut Özil is our best player by far and won't be going anywhere anytime soon, he had a poor season just like almost every player at the club. The mental gymnastics are breathtaking honestly, our best player staying n showing loyalty is screwing us how exactly?

Please tell me one Arsenal player who consistently shows up in big games, don't worry I'll wait. Matter of fact tell me 1 big name player who shows up routinely in big games when the rest of the team ****s the bed.
Mesut Özil is our best player by far and won't be going anywhere anytime soon, he had a poor season just like almost every player at the club. The mental gymnastics are breathtaking honestly, our best player staying n showing loyalty is screwing us how exactly?
in the EPL I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom