• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What do we do at RB?

Bellerin replacement?

• Lichtsteiner at RB

• Maitland-Niles at RB

• Jenkinson at RB

• Other (please state) at RB

• Switch to 5 at the back with with one of the above at wingback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Well have to muddle through until summer. AMN or Monreal will have to do if Osei-Tutu is too raw. Lich is sadly awful and Jenks looks terrified when he has to defend. After that, we buy a starting RB fit to challenge Hector-which we should have done six months ago anyway.

HBL

Established Member
Bring back Chambers ffs
We have to pay money to do that, not happening. He is an awful right back anyway imo.

We need to sign a RB but I don't think we will. So I guess it will be AMN, adapting to a full back role would probably be the only way he makes it here anyway.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well we're not gonna sign any in this window I think that's a certainty. Summer is a different matter, but for the moment I think AMN should be first choice (though I'm a bit wary with both Kola and AMN in a back 4 so Emery might be inclined to go to a 5, especially for the game vs City that's coming up soon).

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

AMN for me but I'd rather we signed a proper right back as replacement. But it's Arsenal and as always we'll have to make do with what we've got.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I voted "Other" ie a loan for any player better than AMN in that position, if not possible then AMN. How Lichtsteiner has managed to get 1 vote is beyond me, awful player!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
There's really not much Arsenal can do aside from play Maitland-Niles. It's highly unlikely anyone better would be available on loan in the next 10 days. But I think he'll do alright with consistent time. There may be some games where Lichtsteiner can play, but his legs are gone. Jenkinson did alright in his limited action and can fill in. Hell, I don't know, maybe Nacho can play over there.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Somebody find The Doctor, hop in the TARDIS, go back to 2013 and kidnap prime Lichtsteiner to come back and play out the season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There's really not much Arsenal can do aside from play Maitland-Niles. It's highly unlikely anyone better would be available on loan in the next 10 days. But I think he'll do alright with consistent time. There may be some games where Lichtsteiner can play, but his legs are gone. Jenkinson did alright in his limited action and can fill in. Hell, I don't know, maybe Nacho can play over there.
His is a case of applying himself in the role. Has pace, tech, can go forward and good defensive instincts but atm he lacks concentration, sells himself easy in 1v1s and doesn't have full back positioning down. Needs work on his focus and body shape in duels.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
His is a case of applying himself in the role. Has pace, tech, can go forward and good defensive instincts but atm he lacks concentration, sells himself easy in 1v1s and doesn't have full back positioning down. Needs work on his focus and body shape in duels.

That's where playing regularly can help. At the moment, there's not much else Arsenal can do but try to help him improve quickly. The only other options are no legs, little talent or playing Nacho on the other side. I suppose they could stick Mustafi out there.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Would want to see Jenkinson for one game there.

He already played many PL games.
But 1. AMN, 2. Jenkinson 3. Lichtsteiner

or try Monreal. It's just the wrong foot, but fullback is fullback.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Mustafi for away games and Maitland-Niles for home games. No need for a signing unless it's a really good one.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think Mustafi could be decent, has an alright cross on him as well. But for now AMN should get a chance, big test coming up against Martial.

Reactions: A_G

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Think Maitland Niles will be given the nod in the bigger games. Lichtsteiner will rotate with him against the smaller clubs. Might see us switch to a back three in some games as well, City away possibly.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
that's a big opportunity for AMN, I hope that wannabe Stevie G is watching some Dani Alves compilations on YT right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom