• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yes I have, and yep, they are looking good. Of course, there have been some hints that we'll indeed have to endure a bit of Dragon Age Inquisition (upgrading that "Nexus" ship e.g.) but I do believe they'll find more balance this time around.

I'm quite excited, although the scientific background sounds a bit bizarre: They e.g. managed to locate underground streams on a planet from a distance of 2.5 Million light years, yet couldn't work out whether there's life on that planet? Eh.....

David_Smith

I bought dragon age off a psn sale for about 5 quid, got 15 minutes into the game and quit. Only reason being I don't like the combat system and if I don't like that then it's fair to say I won't enjoy the game at all. It's as though they designed it for co-op.
Witcher 3 is nice and well made, I rank it just below skyrim. They've got to make a tes 6. I might try fallout and see what it's about.

blaze_of_glory

Might give Shadow of Mordor a go. Anyone played?
Yeah I played it a few years ago. Fun game with a pretty cool and unique mechanic (the "Nemesis" system where you will keep encountering certain enemies throughout the game and they are stronger each time in basically random ways).

Its like a mix of Assassins Creed and the Arkham Batman games, but in a LOTR setting. Gets repetitive eventually, and your enjoyment will likely come down to how much you like the combat.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yeah I played it a few years ago. Fun game with a pretty cool and unique mechanic (the "Nemesis" system where you will keep encountering certain enemies throughout the game and they are stronger each time in basically random ways).

Its like a mix of Assassins Creed and the Arkham Batman games, but in a LOTR setting. Gets repetitive eventually, and your enjoyment will likely come down to how much you like the combat.

Ever play Call of Juarez? Thinking of trying that as well. Pretty cheap on PC https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/call-of-juarez-gunslinger-steam-key--1401-1

I did give Alien Isolation a go but I just don't have the patience for it.

Oh and didn't really get in to DOOM yet. I'm not sure what I want from games anymore :D

blaze_of_glory

Ever play Call of Juarez? Thinking of trying that as well. Pretty cheap on PC https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/call-of-juarez-gunslinger-steam-key--1401-1

I did give Alien Isolation a go but I just don't have the patience for it.
Nope never played CoJ, but I've heard its not great.

I also gave A:I a try. I absolutely love Alien, possibly my favourite film of all time. The game does an incredible job of recreating the atmosphere of the film and its incredibly immersive, etc. But I found it just fluctuated between being either too tense to enjoy or just tedious. Also hated the save system where you have to find the save points, very annoying. I think I might eventually just put it on easy mode to get through it all if I run out of other games to play.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Shadow of Mordor was a great game. The sequel is coming out in August IIRC and it looks great.

This has been an amazing year for games so far. Zelda, Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Nier already out, and we got Mass Effect: Andromeda coming up in two weeks.. and it's March!

Not to mention we get Red Dead Redemption 2 later this year.

Shadow of Mordor was a great game. The sequel is coming out in August IIRC and it looks great.

This has been an amazing year for games so far. Zelda, Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Nier already out, and we got Mass Effect: Andromeda coming up in two weeks.. and it's March!

Not to mention we get Red Dead Redemption 2 later this year.

Very good year but like always with me. It means nothing without a good city building game.

David_Smith

On second thought witcher's overrated. Has the visual aspects right but gameplay is lacking.
I think there's a lot of improvement to be had for gaming in general but many developers aren't reaching to gaming's potential and are instead being lazy. People are buying it and thinking it's amazing so there's not much incentive for the developers. But I'm sure more open world games will come out in the future and people will realise just how average witcher really is.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I bought dragon age off a psn sale for about 5 quid, got 15 minutes into the game and quit. Only reason being I don't like the combat system and if I don't like that then it's fair to say I won't enjoy the game at all. It's as though they designed it for co-op.

Do you mean Origins?

I guess the style doesn't appeal to all.

Personally, I loved that the game was about directing the battles - setting individual tactics, using the top-down view and controlling which enemies to target - rather than button-mashing hack & slash. Makes for a lot of pausing in between fights and a slower game overall, but I'm fine with that.

Great storyline, characters and banter as well, and the ending had me devastated. Quite possibly the best experience I've had in my (casual) gaming life.

E

Enoch

Anyone been playing ARK survival Evolved? Damn its additive

I have it mate! Love that game, i have so many mods for it lol.

Sometimes i like playing on unofficial servers, because i wanted a save on the northern snow region, but it's damn near impossible to live in that section of the map, i think you can in a biome but haven't tried that. I built a wooden cabin out there, proper fun.

Stoneh

I traded a few turrets for a mutated ptranadon egg... baby ptra is already lvl 244!!

So much to do and so much back stabbing by tribes... its changed way multi player games are played imo.

Top Bottom