• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Isn't it true the post-Origins games did away with the tactical cam in order to make it more hack-slash-boom combat?

I loved being able to pick exactly where my party could drop bombs/cast AoE spells. It flummoxes me how players would be able to do that without the top-down view.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I played Skyrim last year or so. Enjoyed the running around doing ****-all, crafting weapons and stuff, but the endless dungeon crawling got to me later on.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
DA:O's Loghain MacTir has always reminded me of Wenger for his stubbornness, willingness to make *certain* sacrifices and misguided belief that his way was the only way of saving the kingdom.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Never got into playing Skyrim to be honest. Just felt totally lost out there, even worse than with Fallout 4 - I'm yet to play that thing.

Recently started Shadow of Mordor again, the recently launched Trailer from Shadow of War looked fantastic. I've now completed around 50% (the first of the two areas) and it's been quite entertaining. Seems I quit the game in a rather boring phase because it has been getting better and better by the minute.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
DA:O's Loghain MacTir has always reminded me of Wenger for his stubbornness, willingness to make *certain* sacrifices and misguided belief that his way was the only way of saving the kingdom.

Well, Loghain's motives weren't too questionable either, with the king being far too weak to safe his kingdom from the blight.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Well, Loghain's motives weren't too questionable either, with the king being far too weak to safe his kingdom from the blight.

His point did seem logical in a way; minimize casualties, seize power in the belief you are the best-equipped to lead and have the best plan to unite the kingdom and fight the common enemy. His love for his club- err, kingdom led him to do this, but inevitably, his reign turned tyrannous.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Loghain was a ****, but a **** with convictions. There is something incredibly attractive about characters that stand by their convictions and would die for them. Besides, he wasn't exactly wrong about Cailan. He was going to divorce Anora and basically merge his country with Orlais, the very tyrants that Loghain expelled from Fereldan.

While obviously most of Loghain's actions were flawed at best, I loved how patriotic he was. "There is nothing I would not do for my homeland," it's the sort of nationalism that is very dangerous, but it admirable, all the same.

Origins was so good. Shame Bioware sold out to the EA devils. They always made gems.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas when I'm not playing FM. Hearing Johnny Guitar while shooting up fiends is a real downer. Like it quite literally makes you want to slit your wrists.

It's definitely another title that deteriorated over the years. Fallout 4 didn't have the same kind of immersion. I reckon it's voice acting, myself. I don't mind reading and putting myself in the characters shoes, voice acting feels so stale and forced. I don't like it.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Loghain was a ****, but a **** with convictions. There is something incredibly attractive about characters that stand by their convictions and would die for them. Besides, he wasn't exactly wrong about Cailan. He was going to divorce Anora and basically merge his country with Orlais, the very tyrants that Loghain expelled from Fereldan.

While obviously most of Loghain's actions were flawed at best, I loved how patriotic he was. "There is nothing I would not do for my homeland," it's the sort of nationalism that is very dangerous, but it admirable, all the same.

Origins was so good. Shame Bioware sold out to the EA devils. They always made gems.

Hummel2.jpg

Had Loghain been a more powerful and better-equipped character wrt playability, the choice between Alistair & him at the Landsmeet could've been more difficult. Considering how we've been building Alistair up as a tank practically from the start, surely most players would prefer to have him around gameplay-wise rather than kick the whiny brat out from the party to accommodate the General.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Always thought Alistair was the most brilliant of all party members in Origins. Him together with Morrigan..... that was simply hilarious.
I found him quite annoying, but tolerable.

Wynne I have absolutely no time for. She was incredibly condescending.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
I found him quite annoying, but tolerable.

Wynne I have absolutely no time for. She was incredibly condescending.

Yeah. Oghren too. My poor Leliana used to be one of his victims.

Lord, her accent... :eek:ops:

The moment when her song starts... *swoon* Perfectly placed, and beautifully sung by Aubrey Ashburn.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Haha, I had Wynne as my third member in fact.
Thought she'd been quite a decent healer.

Wynne, Alistair and Morrigan - trolling the **** out of the blight.

I like Morrigan's costume. :p

Did you ever have use for her shapeshifter ability? I found it quite underwhelming.

PC mage, Wynne as healer, Alistair & Leliana/Zevran for me. Benched Morrigan & Sten because "Morrigan disapproves" every bloody decision of mine.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Dragon age: Origins is the best game to mod for exactly that reason. There's a mod so where unless you offend Morrigan directly you don't lose approval.

There's also a mod for her clothes. I know some people dote on her outfit, but I just stare at her and say "While this is incredibly attractive, aren't you cold?"

I change depending on my playable character. As a mage I tend to be the healer/Damager so I don't really need another one. It would be one rogue (Leliana) and two warriors. Sten and Ali.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
There's also a mod for her clothes. I know some people dote on her outfit, but I just stare at her and say "While this is incredibly attractive, aren't you cold?"

Colder than her personality? :p

I change depending on my playable character. As a mage I tend to be the healer/Damager so I don't really need another one. It would be one rogue (Leliana) and two warriors. Sten and Ali.

Ah. I see. I generally tend to do a Gazidis and hide behind Alistair. He attracts the enemies' wrath while Zevran* stabs them in the back and I pop out to deliver ice/fire blasts.

* If Leliana, she does ranged attacks with the bow.

blaze_of_glory

Mass Effect: Andromeda reviews seem to be all over the place. Most common score is 8/10 at the moment, but there's some 6s and 9.5s as well. Some reviewers are hating the story and characters but loving the combat, while others hate the combat but praise the characters and story. And then some say fans of the original games will love it but it might not attract new players, with others claiming fans of the series will be the most likely to be disappointed.

I found this review by a guy writing for Forbes to be pretty balanced. I think the best reviews are often found in outlets that are not dedicated to gaming. Less caught up in bs industry drama and bias, etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/games/...omeda-review-ps4-every-mans-sky/#5c6dcf5139f0

Latest posts

Top Bottom