• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

blaze_of_glory

I had no clue in what order I should be going to the different places, but I was really lucky to get the sword from the first black knight you encounter and so I've had a big advantage so far and I didn't end up having that much trouble down in Blighttown, I have the master key too so I could get in through the back and go straight to Quelaag, she was a b**** to beat, but that massive chest was worth it.

Made it to Anor Londo and I'm just trying to get to a point where I can beat Ornstein and Smough, been going with a INT build with Moonlight Butterfly Horn as my weapon of choice now and I think the catacombs are where should go next, but it has given me a newfound fear of skeletons.

No idea how long it'll take to beat, but I'm already planning ahead for the sequel, I needs it.
Once you beat O&S you get something that makes getting around a lot quicker, and the game in general gets easier (though there are still some major challenges for sure).

If you kill the necromancers in the catacombs then the skellies don't come back to life. Or alternatively get a divine weapon, that will keep them down as well. If I recall, the spears that drop from the silver knights in Anor Londo do divine damage so you dont' even need to make one if you have to the stats to use one of those.

E

Enoch

Dark Souls 3, though not my cup of tea, is an amazing game, got a 9.5/10. Maybe will get a nominee for GoTY?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
If you kill the necromancers in the catacombs then the skellies don't come back to life. Or alternatively get a divine weapon, that will keep them down as well. If I recall, the spears that drop from the silver knights in Anor Londo do divine damage so you dont' even need to make one if you have to the stats to use one of those.

You can find an Occult Club in Anor Londo and convert that to a Divine Club +5. A club-type weapon doing divine damage absolutely obliterates skeletons, and the stats needed to wield that thing are negligible.

Would preorder Dark Souls 3 right now but there are just too many real life commitments I need to attend to right now, I really can't afford another Miyazaki masterpiece taking up all my time right now. Absolutely dying to play it but I'll probably have to wait until summer and avoid everything Dark Souls related until then. Brutal.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can find an Occult Club in Anor Londo and convert that to a Divine Club +5. A club-type weapon doing divine damage absolutely obliterates skeletons, and the stats needed to wield that thing are negligible.

Would preorder Dark Souls 3 right now but there are just too many real life commitments I need to attend to right now, I really can't afford another Miyazaki masterpiece taking up all my time right now. Absolutely dying to play it but I'll probably have to wait until summer and avoid everything Dark Souls related until then. Brutal.
same here, but with x-com.

reminds me of the time when I got married...all i wanted was for the ceremonies to end and have some alone time with the wife.

blaze_of_glory

Great DS3 review here from the old Gametrailers crew. The hype is too much. Does contain some boss/enemy spoilers

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All I see is people moaning about how frustrating Dark Souls is, how do you guys find it enjoyable. o_O

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All I see is people moaning about how frustrating Dark Souls is, how do you guys find it enjoyable. o_O
Have you played Megaman? Dark Souls is the 3D equivalent of that

and Dark Souls is actually not frustrating, hard but it's fair, if you died, it's not because of the game but because you screw up

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone planning on getting a VR headset. Managed to try the HTC/ Rift and they're both incredible; well worth the money.

The theatre mode for the Playstation also looks interesting.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Anyone planning on getting a VR headset. Managed to try the HTC/ Rift and they're both incredible; well worth the money.

The theatre mode for the Playstation also looks interesting.
Absolutely. When the playstation VR device comes out i'll be bang on it. Don't have the money/not really bothered about building a hench PC just so i can get the oculus rift though.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Been playing Dark Souls 3 a couple of days now after I beat the first in the series, but... is it just me or have the bosses so far been a bit more on the easy side, I've had a easy time with three out of the first four, only struggled with the very first one (Not counting mini-bosses) beat the two after on my first try and only needed two tries for the 4th boss, I'm sure it'll get worse, but it surprised me.

Or maybe I'm starting to get good.

blaze_of_glory

Mostly you are getting good. The first one of these games that you play will always seem the hardest.

But I agree some of these bosses aren't that hard so far. A few regular enemies are very tough though.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
That's a great Humble Bundle actually, $6,16 is an absolute no-brainer for those games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom